Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1073 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 1073||Condition: 1|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 11/07/09|
Notes: This was my inlaws room on our most recent cruise. They had originally booked a 12gty and were "upgraded" to this room. While the room is larger and has a split bath, it is NO upgrade. There is a horrible noise that goes off every 2-15 minutes during the day. At night it wasn't too bad until 4am then it started going off again. They tried to tell us that it was the ships stabilizers, but I'm not sure I believe that. It sounds like a hydraulic noise just below the room. You can also hear the noise in the hallways but it isn't nearly as loud, so it must be right under this room and the connecting room 1071. Don't book these rooms if you are sensitive to noise. If this was our first cruise I would have been very let down by DCL and wouldn't sail again. I have stayed on decks 2,5,6,7 and have never had a problem like this. We ended up having to switch rooms after a long conversation with guest services. Not convenient because we had to repack everything, but it was better than hearing that noise for another 6 days.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.