Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1073 Report
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 1073||Condition: 1|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 11/07/09|
Notes: This was my inlaws room on our most recent cruise. They had originally booked a 12gty and were "upgraded" to this room. While the room is larger and has a split bath, it is NO upgrade. There is a horrible noise that goes off every 2-15 minutes during the day. At night it wasn't too bad until 4am then it started going off again. They tried to tell us that it was the ships stabilizers, but I'm not sure I believe that. It sounds like a hydraulic noise just below the room. You can also hear the noise in the hallways but it isn't nearly as loud, so it must be right under this room and the connecting room 1071. Don't book these rooms if you are sensitive to noise. If this was our first cruise I would have been very let down by DCL and wouldn't sail again. I have stayed on decks 2,5,6,7 and have never had a problem like this. We ended up having to switch rooms after a long conversation with guest services. Not convenient because we had to repack everything, but it was better than hearing that noise for another 6 days.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.
- Cruise Critic honors Disney Fantasy
Disney Fantasy receives several top honors from Cruise Critic.