Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1073 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 1073||Condition: 1|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 11/07/09|
Notes: This was my inlaws room on our most recent cruise. They had originally booked a 12gty and were "upgraded" to this room. While the room is larger and has a split bath, it is NO upgrade. There is a horrible noise that goes off every 2-15 minutes during the day. At night it wasn't too bad until 4am then it started going off again. They tried to tell us that it was the ships stabilizers, but I'm not sure I believe that. It sounds like a hydraulic noise just below the room. You can also hear the noise in the hallways but it isn't nearly as loud, so it must be right under this room and the connecting room 1071. Don't book these rooms if you are sensitive to noise. If this was our first cruise I would have been very let down by DCL and wouldn't sail again. I have stayed on decks 2,5,6,7 and have never had a problem like this. We ended up having to switch rooms after a long conversation with guest services. Not convenient because we had to repack everything, but it was better than hearing that noise for another 6 days.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $175 per night - There are discounts available on several 3-night Bahamas sailings.
- New Disney Cruise Line discounts added for Florida residents - A discount is available for the 4/3/14 3-night Bahamas sailing.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.