Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1079 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 1079||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10C||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 01/10/14|
Notes: We enjoyed that there were many drawers and cabinets, but it felt smaller than the deluxe ocean view cabin that we stayed in on the Wonder even though they both should have been the claimed 214 sq. ft. At first I thought it was just the lack of a window, but in looking at pictures it is definitely smaller. This would be a tight room for a family of 4. The main issue we had with this room was that it was VERY noisy at times. Another reviewer thought the noise was the stabilizer, but my guess is that it is a service elevator because we heard it when the seas were very calm and not when they were rough. The worst night was the last night when the elevator/stabilizer started at 2am. Then around 4am the crew member door started squeaking and slamming shut. Needless to say we left for home that morning very tired. The cruise was fantastic and we enjoyed the smaller crowds compared to the Dream and Fantasy even with the ship being at capacity. The ship is great, but the room should be avoided if possible.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 1079||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10C||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 03/29/13|
Notes: Let me start by saying that I love Disney Cruises and this was our 4 cruise. It was nice to be in the middle of the ship and there was little hallway traffic. However, I will never choose to book a room on this floor again. First, this room always had a humm of the engines - didn't really bother us. Second, at times it would have this noise that sounded like the stabilizer with a few seconds of noise and then would come on and off. That was tolerable. The worst was that when we returned from Castaway Cay - our bathroom had flooded up from the drain. It had even come out on the carpet and had seemed to effect most of the rooms around us. After several hours of the staff working on cleaning it up, disney moved us to a new room for the rest of the cruise. If you stay in this room, beware and keep your stuff away the bathroom floor.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 1079||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 02/22/07|
Notes: Great room...last along so only one 'neighbour'!
No noise apart from slight humming of engines.
We are a family of 4 & the room was just great for us, especially as we don't spend much time there anyway!
This was our 1st cruise & we are now booked to go again but on 7 nighter.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.