Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 1079 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 1079||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10C||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 01/10/14|
Notes: We enjoyed that there were many drawers and cabinets, but it felt smaller than the deluxe ocean view cabin that we stayed in on the Wonder even though they both should have been the claimed 214 sq. ft. At first I thought it was just the lack of a window, but in looking at pictures it is definitely smaller. This would be a tight room for a family of 4. The main issue we had with this room was that it was VERY noisy at times. Another reviewer thought the noise was the stabilizer, but my guess is that it is a service elevator because we heard it when the seas were very calm and not when they were rough. The worst night was the last night when the elevator/stabilizer started at 2am. Then around 4am the crew member door started squeaking and slamming shut. Needless to say we left for home that morning very tired. The cruise was fantastic and we enjoyed the smaller crowds compared to the Dream and Fantasy even with the ship being at capacity. The ship is great, but the room should be avoided if possible.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 1079||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10C||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 03/29/13|
Notes: Let me start by saying that I love Disney Cruises and this was our 4 cruise. It was nice to be in the middle of the ship and there was little hallway traffic. However, I will never choose to book a room on this floor again. First, this room always had a humm of the engines - didn't really bother us. Second, at times it would have this noise that sounded like the stabilizer with a few seconds of noise and then would come on and off. That was tolerable. The worst was that when we returned from Castaway Cay - our bathroom had flooded up from the drain. It had even come out on the carpet and had seemed to effect most of the rooms around us. After several hours of the staff working on cleaning it up, disney moved us to a new room for the rest of the cruise. If you stay in this room, beware and keep your stuff away the bathroom floor.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 1079||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 1||Category: 10||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 02/22/07|
Notes: Great room...last along so only one 'neighbour'!
No noise apart from slight humming of engines.
We are a family of 4 & the room was just great for us, especially as we don't spend much time there anyway!
This was our 1st cruise & we are now booked to go again but on 7 nighter.
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.