Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2028 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 2028||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9B||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 04/06/13|
Notes: This was a standard stateroom with the square tub and the smaller porthole, not the catg 8, but still big and deep enough for both kids (6&7) to sit in comfortably separately or together and it did have a cushion along the bottom. It has the drop down bunk, but no extra room after the bunk like you see in cabins with the pull-down murphy bed. VERY NOISY!!! Across the hall from the employee stairwell / work area and loud noise well into the evening and early in the morning. To the point it woke me up, but I am a light sleeper. Noise from passengers around elevators and restaurant were not an issue. Great access to main decks (except deck 11 of course) although getting on the elevator on deck 2 was nice as they were almost always empty. Great access to gangway and no noticeable noise on days it was used. Views at STT were harbor view, SJU was dock view (unloading side) and Castaway was water view.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2028||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 06/05/10|
Notes: Great Room - Huge Porthole, no noise whatsoever, adjacent to aft stairs, which went straight up to Guest Services. Directly up the elevators to the Oceaneers Clubs. Has a Steamer Trunk. Only downside was near the teens club, which meant kids were hanging about in the elevator area, but this didn't really cause any problems, we did hear kids running past on a couple of ocassions. Would book this room again as so convenient.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.