Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2142 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2142||Condition: 1|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 02/14/10|
Notes: The noise in this cabin was incredible. There was something squeaking inside the wall all the time the ship was moving; some attempt had been made prior to our boarding to fix it, they had a bunch of wooden shims jammed into the crevice between the wall and ceiling, to no affect. It was reported to guest services, but could not be corrected. The thrusters beneath the room are very loud; we've stayed over the bow thrusters, and didn't get half as much noise from them. Some shelves in the closet were broken, and never repaired, although the door rail on the bottom did get repaired. In all, this cabin is getting tired and worn, I would recommend changing sail dates rather than stay in this cabin.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 2142||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 02/22/09|
Notes: We had no problems with this room. My only complaint is Deck 2 is less convient to take the stairs to other areas compaired to a similar room on Deck 6.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Changes to parking procedure at Port Canaveral - You will pay as you enter the lot. Booth 1 will be manned and the others will be automated. Cash or credit card is accepted and guests will receive a printed ticket and receipt. If you would like, you can make a reservation and pre-pay on the Port Canaveral website.
- Anna and Elsa will be on Alaska sailings and select Mediterranean sailings - The characters will be on Alaskan sailings this summer, as well as Mediterranean cruises 7 nights or longer.
- Military cruise discounts offered on a variety of sailings - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - These Florida Resident discounts come and go quickly and must be booked by 7/6/2014.
- Disney Cruise Line Navigator app now available on Disney Wonder - Guests with upcoming cruises will get an email explaining how the app works. The app can be downloaded before your cruise from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
- Tasting menu debuts at Palo on Disney Cruise Line - This dinner features six courses that have been paired with wines.
- Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line cruise enhancements released - Combining ABD's personal service and expertise in guided travel across the world with the enchantment of a Disney cruise, you will have a selection of unique onboard activities and premium shore experiences designed to immerse you and your family in the history and sights of your destination.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.