Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2153 Report
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 10||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/13/09|
Notes: The condition and service in the room was excellent. I was traveling with myself, my 8 year old son and a friend. I slept in the king size bed, my son was in the pull down twin and my friend was on the convertible couch. Even with all of the bedding arrangements set up, there was still plenty of room in the cabin to get around. The separate shower and toilet areas were very convenient. There was plenty of storage for 5 suitcases (yes, we over packed) and there were laundry services in the middle of deck 2. The room must back up to the rear engines...so when were we entering or leaving port it was as though we were under attack with very loud, continuous thundering noises. Not a pleasant wake up call for the early port days. But, all in all, it was very quiet and being a first time cruiser I did not feel any motion sickness at all. Everything about this cruise is going to be hard to top!!
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 2||Category: 12||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/20/08|
Notes: Some noise due to winches for dock lines. Other than that, very nice. Yes its at the end, but a little exercise does the body good. AND the emergency door is at the end, SO this is a GOOD thing! LOTs of room compared to other cruise lines for the price.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/24/08|
Notes: This was my second time sailing on the Wonder and I knew we would be on the second deck. It was no big deal to be on the second deck because this was our second go around there! However, when looking at our room number and the stateroom signs directing you where to go - there we were, on the very end! (We were midship before.) The walk down the narrow hallway towards the Aft was a long one indeed, but I didn't think I would mind it because of all the eating I would do anyway! I was really looking forward to sleep after our busy day and loved it when I was finally able to crash in our dark room. Little did I know an EARTHQUAKE would awaken me! Seriously, I thought I was dreaming; I have never even been in an earthquake before but I can imagine it was like my experience in the stateroom. I sat straight up and pondered on the loud noise then realized we were docking at Castaway Cay around 7am. I look forward to sleep every night, but definitely didn't look forward to waking up to a noise other than my Mickey Mouse wake-up call.
Other than the noise, the service was great, of course, and our room was roomy enough for two. =)
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit offer for Galveston cruises extended through 12/7/13 - Book a 7-night Bahamian or Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Wonder and get a great onboard credit, plus only pay half of the deposit amount!
- Changes made to several upcoming sailings - Several sail dates have been changed to accommodate the Disney Dream's new Monday and Friday departure schedule. Some sailings on the Disney Magic will now take place on the Disney Wonder.
- Disney Cruise discounts offered for Florida residents - Florida residents can take advantage of several discounts offered by Disney Cruise Line.
- Military discount offered on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. Military can get a great rate on a Panama Canal cruise with Disney Cruise Line!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Inside Passage - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Midship - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Skagway - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Forward - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney Cruise Line - Skagway Pier - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- Disney Cruise Line offers multiple discounted rates - Disney Cruise Line offers lead rates on several of their sail dates.
- VIDEO: Chocolate Tasting on the Disney Wonder - Visit http://www.disunplugged.com for more episodes of the DIS Unplugged.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Contact Dreams Unlimited Travel for more information! RCCL@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
- Sail out of Miami for as little as $125 per person, per day! - Book a 5-night Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Magic out of Miami and get a great rate, starting at only $125 per person, per day!
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- New sail dates added for the Disney Magic
The Disney Magic will begin sailing 7-night Caribbean itineraries out of Port Canaveral.
- Changes to sail dates for the Disney Magic
Sail dates have been been changed for several sailings on the Disney Magic. Some sailings will now take place on the Disney Wonder instead.
- Disney Cruise Line holds first AquaDucky fundraiser
Disney Cruise Line hosts a unique fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish organization.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Catches Fire
A fire aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas interrupts a seven-night Bahamian cruise.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.