Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2153 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 10||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/13/09|
Notes: The condition and service in the room was excellent. I was traveling with myself, my 8 year old son and a friend. I slept in the king size bed, my son was in the pull down twin and my friend was on the convertible couch. Even with all of the bedding arrangements set up, there was still plenty of room in the cabin to get around. The separate shower and toilet areas were very convenient. There was plenty of storage for 5 suitcases (yes, we over packed) and there were laundry services in the middle of deck 2. The room must back up to the rear engines...so when were we entering or leaving port it was as though we were under attack with very loud, continuous thundering noises. Not a pleasant wake up call for the early port days. But, all in all, it was very quiet and being a first time cruiser I did not feel any motion sickness at all. Everything about this cruise is going to be hard to top!!
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 2||Category: 12||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/20/08|
Notes: Some noise due to winches for dock lines. Other than that, very nice. Yes its at the end, but a little exercise does the body good. AND the emergency door is at the end, SO this is a GOOD thing! LOTs of room compared to other cruise lines for the price.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/24/08|
Notes: This was my second time sailing on the Wonder and I knew we would be on the second deck. It was no big deal to be on the second deck because this was our second go around there! However, when looking at our room number and the stateroom signs directing you where to go - there we were, on the very end! (We were midship before.) The walk down the narrow hallway towards the Aft was a long one indeed, but I didn't think I would mind it because of all the eating I would do anyway! I was really looking forward to sleep after our busy day and loved it when I was finally able to crash in our dark room. Little did I know an EARTHQUAKE would awaken me! Seriously, I thought I was dreaming; I have never even been in an earthquake before but I can imagine it was like my experience in the stateroom. I sat straight up and pondered on the loud noise then realized we were docking at Castaway Cay around 7am. I look forward to sleep every night, but definitely didn't look forward to waking up to a noise other than my Mickey Mouse wake-up call.
Other than the noise, the service was great, of course, and our room was roomy enough for two. =)
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $175 per night - There are discounts available on several 3-night Bahamas sailings.
- New Disney Cruise Line discounts added for Florida residents - A discount is available for the 4/3/14 3-night Bahamas sailing.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.