Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2153 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 10||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/13/09|
Notes: The condition and service in the room was excellent. I was traveling with myself, my 8 year old son and a friend. I slept in the king size bed, my son was in the pull down twin and my friend was on the convertible couch. Even with all of the bedding arrangements set up, there was still plenty of room in the cabin to get around. The separate shower and toilet areas were very convenient. There was plenty of storage for 5 suitcases (yes, we over packed) and there were laundry services in the middle of deck 2. The room must back up to the rear engines...so when were we entering or leaving port it was as though we were under attack with very loud, continuous thundering noises. Not a pleasant wake up call for the early port days. But, all in all, it was very quiet and being a first time cruiser I did not feel any motion sickness at all. Everything about this cruise is going to be hard to top!!
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 2||Category: 12||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/20/08|
Notes: Some noise due to winches for dock lines. Other than that, very nice. Yes its at the end, but a little exercise does the body good. AND the emergency door is at the end, SO this is a GOOD thing! LOTs of room compared to other cruise lines for the price.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 2153||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/24/08|
Notes: This was my second time sailing on the Wonder and I knew we would be on the second deck. It was no big deal to be on the second deck because this was our second go around there! However, when looking at our room number and the stateroom signs directing you where to go - there we were, on the very end! (We were midship before.) The walk down the narrow hallway towards the Aft was a long one indeed, but I didn't think I would mind it because of all the eating I would do anyway! I was really looking forward to sleep after our busy day and loved it when I was finally able to crash in our dark room. Little did I know an EARTHQUAKE would awaken me! Seriously, I thought I was dreaming; I have never even been in an earthquake before but I can imagine it was like my experience in the stateroom. I sat straight up and pondered on the loud noise then realized we were docking at Castaway Cay around 7am. I look forward to sleep every night, but definitely didn't look forward to waking up to a noise other than my Mickey Mouse wake-up call.
Other than the noise, the service was great, of course, and our room was roomy enough for two. =)
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.