Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2628 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 01/03/11|
Notes: The room was in pretty good condition; the coffee table was broken and stuck in the up position, and there was a little missing grout around the tile in the shower. Nice view of Castaway Cay. Nice aft location; love the split bath (we were upgraded from an 11C to this). HOWEVER, it was NOISY NOISY NOISY. This room is right above the loading dock, and right under the galley for Parrot Cay. Would NOT stay in it again.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 03/11/06|
Notes: As another poster had stated, this room is very noisy. It is directly over one of the loading doors and below the Parrot Cay kitchen. If you are a light sleeper avoid this room! There is also a lot of vibration when the ship is docking.
However, it is very convenient to the Parrot Cay, Animators Pallet, and Lumieres. If this was the only room left on the ship I would still take it, but try to avoid if at all possible.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/05/05|
Notes: Our room itself was clean and well maintained. It was located not far from the aft elevators... and the rocking was better then the front of the ship. Also it a good location to get of and onn the ship when we went into port because of the exit door location...
However, it it located DIRECTLY above one of the loading ramps ( that we entered and exited the ship), that also allowed cargo in and out of the ship . we could look out our window and watch the loading and unloading of luggage etc. It must also be located very near to the engine room.
I can sleep through fire engines and thunder storms... but was disturbed every night from the noise level. On the last morning of the ship, the vibration was sooooooo loud and physically strong it not only woke us up, but my eye glasses vibrated right off the night stand!
My husband was not as affected by the noise as I was... however even he was shaken awake at 5 am on the last morning of the ship...
i would suggest a room slightly more forward than ours... look at he ship lay out and go at least 5-6 rooms more forward...
hope this is helpful!
- Disney Cruise Line releases discounted sailings - These discounted rates can all be combined with Dreams Unlimited Travel's exclusive shipboard credits.
- Discount available for pre- and post-night stays at Aulani with a Disney Cruise Line Hawaiian cruise - Sail on the Disney Wonder to Hawaii in 2015 and get a 25% discount at Aulani, plus free breakfast.
- Blog - The Perfect Time to Cruise: Choosing to Cruise Even When Life Gets in the Way
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as little as $90 per night! - These Florida Resident discounts come and go quickly and must be booked by 8/31/2014.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- 20% off on select cruises for Canadian residents - Discount is available on several 7 and 5 night Western Caribbean cruises.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Set sail for as little as $120 per night.
- What does it take to decorate for the holidays on Disney Cruise Line? - Very Merrytime Cruises are scheduled for the holiday season.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.