Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2628 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 01/03/11|
Notes: The room was in pretty good condition; the coffee table was broken and stuck in the up position, and there was a little missing grout around the tile in the shower. Nice view of Castaway Cay. Nice aft location; love the split bath (we were upgraded from an 11C to this). HOWEVER, it was NOISY NOISY NOISY. This room is right above the loading dock, and right under the galley for Parrot Cay. Would NOT stay in it again.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 03/11/06|
Notes: As another poster had stated, this room is very noisy. It is directly over one of the loading doors and below the Parrot Cay kitchen. If you are a light sleeper avoid this room! There is also a lot of vibration when the ship is docking.
However, it is very convenient to the Parrot Cay, Animators Pallet, and Lumieres. If this was the only room left on the ship I would still take it, but try to avoid if at all possible.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/05/05|
Notes: Our room itself was clean and well maintained. It was located not far from the aft elevators... and the rocking was better then the front of the ship. Also it a good location to get of and onn the ship when we went into port because of the exit door location...
However, it it located DIRECTLY above one of the loading ramps ( that we entered and exited the ship), that also allowed cargo in and out of the ship . we could look out our window and watch the loading and unloading of luggage etc. It must also be located very near to the engine room.
I can sleep through fire engines and thunder storms... but was disturbed every night from the noise level. On the last morning of the ship, the vibration was sooooooo loud and physically strong it not only woke us up, but my eye glasses vibrated right off the night stand!
My husband was not as affected by the noise as I was... however even he was shaken awake at 5 am on the last morning of the ship...
i would suggest a room slightly more forward than ours... look at he ship lay out and go at least 5-6 rooms more forward...
hope this is helpful!
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.