Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2628 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 01/03/11|
Notes: The room was in pretty good condition; the coffee table was broken and stuck in the up position, and there was a little missing grout around the tile in the shower. Nice view of Castaway Cay. Nice aft location; love the split bath (we were upgraded from an 11C to this). HOWEVER, it was NOISY NOISY NOISY. This room is right above the loading dock, and right under the galley for Parrot Cay. Would NOT stay in it again.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 03/11/06|
Notes: As another poster had stated, this room is very noisy. It is directly over one of the loading doors and below the Parrot Cay kitchen. If you are a light sleeper avoid this room! There is also a lot of vibration when the ship is docking.
However, it is very convenient to the Parrot Cay, Animators Pallet, and Lumieres. If this was the only room left on the ship I would still take it, but try to avoid if at all possible.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2628||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/05/05|
Notes: Our room itself was clean and well maintained. It was located not far from the aft elevators... and the rocking was better then the front of the ship. Also it a good location to get of and onn the ship when we went into port because of the exit door location...
However, it it located DIRECTLY above one of the loading ramps ( that we entered and exited the ship), that also allowed cargo in and out of the ship . we could look out our window and watch the loading and unloading of luggage etc. It must also be located very near to the engine room.
I can sleep through fire engines and thunder storms... but was disturbed every night from the noise level. On the last morning of the ship, the vibration was sooooooo loud and physically strong it not only woke us up, but my eye glasses vibrated right off the night stand!
My husband was not as affected by the noise as I was... however even he was shaken awake at 5 am on the last morning of the ship...
i would suggest a room slightly more forward than ours... look at he ship lay out and go at least 5-6 rooms more forward...
hope this is helpful!
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.