Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2642 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2642||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9D||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 10/13/12|
Notes: We are not neurotic, we just like this cabin. We have been in this cabin almost 6 times and LOVE it! I saw someone else complain about the rattle from the thrusters when porting but that is going to happen... It does rattle like the WHOLE ship will at port (arrival and departure only for just a few minutes) but it is a VERY quiet cabin. There is virtually NO hall noise and the engine noise is minimal. We like it because it seems to lull us to sleep like a white noise generator.
Additionally, because the cabin is low and aft there is less bouncing during the cruise. I have seen waves splashing the porthole on this cabin back in 2004 but never had better cruising than this area of the ship.
Here is the best part, after huge dinners it is just one (or two) floor(s) down (with gravity) to get 'home'. After exhausting ports of call while everyone else is waiting for elevators you take one deck of stairs and you are home... no crowded elevators, EVER! (If, of course, you can climb stairs.)
Plus, at Castaway Cay the starboard side has the BEST view of the island.
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.