Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 2642 Report
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 2642||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 2||Category: 9D||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 10/13/12|
Notes: We are not neurotic, we just like this cabin. We have been in this cabin almost 6 times and LOVE it! I saw someone else complain about the rattle from the thrusters when porting but that is going to happen... It does rattle like the WHOLE ship will at port (arrival and departure only for just a few minutes) but it is a VERY quiet cabin. There is virtually NO hall noise and the engine noise is minimal. We like it because it seems to lull us to sleep like a white noise generator.
Additionally, because the cabin is low and aft there is less bouncing during the cruise. I have seen waves splashing the porthole on this cabin back in 2004 but never had better cruising than this area of the ship.
Here is the best part, after huge dinners it is just one (or two) floor(s) down (with gravity) to get 'home'. After exhausting ports of call while everyone else is waiting for elevators you take one deck of stairs and you are home... no crowded elevators, EVER! (If, of course, you can climb stairs.)
Plus, at Castaway Cay the starboard side has the BEST view of the island.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.