Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5166 Report
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 5166||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 8||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 12/18/11|
Notes: I loved this cabin! It was so convenient to everything.
Note - this cabin only sleeps 3, which I did not know until I walked in the door. It does not have the pull-down "bunk bed". As there was only 2 of us, this was not a problem for us.
Also, this is the first porthole cabin in the row. The cabin immediately to the right has a balcony, which can be seen from the porthole. Which means the people on the balcony next door can see in through the porthole. However, given the angle, they can only see the porthole itself and the end of the desk area, so it was not a problem for us.
This cabin is just around the corner from the Aft elevators, so it was only a deck or 2 down to the clubs and restaurants, and a few decks up to the pool, Cabanas, Palo and the spa. The kids clubs were just down the hall. It was sooo convenient!
And since the cabin was past the elevator lobby, there was very little foot traffic outside. The hallway deadends at the back of the ship, with the laundry room at the end. So the only people going down this hallway are those going to the 15 - 20 cabins further down the hall, and the few going to the laundry room.
I didn't know when I booked this cabin that it was directly over Skyline, so I was worried about the noise when I realized that's where it was. But there was no noise or loud music from the Club. Skyline is a beautiful but more quiet lounge/bar, and did not disturb us at all. And we heard no noise from the connecting room either. Disney must have installed thicker insulation in these connecting doors. I forgot it even was a connecting room.
I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat!
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 5166||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 10||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/03/11|
Notes: I love the room , it is a connecting room to 5168 which my sister stayed and she love her room too. Plenty of room and huge window.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit offer for Galveston cruises extended through 12/7/13 - Book a 7-night Bahamian or Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Wonder and get a great onboard credit, plus only pay half of the deposit amount!
- Changes made to several upcoming sailings - Several sail dates have been changed to accommodate the Disney Dream's new Monday and Friday departure schedule. Some sailings on the Disney Magic will now take place on the Disney Wonder.
- Disney Cruise discounts offered for Florida residents - Florida residents can take advantage of several discounts offered by Disney Cruise Line.
- Military discount offered on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. Military can get a great rate on a Panama Canal cruise with Disney Cruise Line!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Inside Passage - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Midship - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Skagway - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Forward - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney Cruise Line - Skagway Pier - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- Disney Cruise Line offers multiple discounted rates - Disney Cruise Line offers lead rates on several of their sail dates.
- VIDEO: Chocolate Tasting on the Disney Wonder - Visit http://www.disunplugged.com for more episodes of the DIS Unplugged.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Contact Dreams Unlimited Travel for more information! RCCL@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
- Sail out of Miami for as little as $125 per person, per day! - Book a 5-night Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Magic out of Miami and get a great rate, starting at only $125 per person, per day!
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- New sail dates added for the Disney Magic
The Disney Magic will begin sailing 7-night Caribbean itineraries out of Port Canaveral.
- Changes to sail dates for the Disney Magic
Sail dates have been been changed for several sailings on the Disney Magic. Some sailings will now take place on the Disney Wonder instead.
- Disney Cruise Line holds first AquaDucky fundraiser
Disney Cruise Line hosts a unique fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish organization.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Catches Fire
A fire aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas interrupts a seven-night Bahamian cruise.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.