Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5501 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5501||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11C||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 09/04/12|
Notes: Sideways inside stateroom. Quiet except when they are using the Walt Disney Theater. Location is good.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5501||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 04/17/11|
Notes: This was a sideways room and we liked it alot. We had 2 adults, 4 and 8 year old boys and we overpacked and the room still had enough space for us. We were only in the room when sleeping for the most part so it worked out great. The room was very quiet when there were no shows or show practice going on. They did practice a few different mornings at 7 am and you can hear it pretty clear. Overall, we were very happy with the room and would book it again.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5501||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 09/18/05|
Notes: My parents had this room and thought it was just great. It was a sideways room and seemed a little bit more room than the longways cat 11's. They had no problems with noise and in fact said they slept like babies since they had total darkness. They liked the location being only 1 floor above the theatre so close to shows.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5501||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 5||Category: 12||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 11/27/04|
Notes: Our cabin was at the very end of Forward on the left side of the hall. There were no one next to us but there were "hall" noise coming from the "crew only" doors. it slams hard. The other noise that we can hear loud & clear were from shows at the Walt Disney Theatre directly beneath us. During "At Sea" days there are matinee shows in the theatre (2:00pm). It was hard to get the little ones to take a nap because you can literally hear the entire show from this cabin. If you're not in the room at that time, then this shouldn't be a problem. Overall I thought this room was comfortable. No portholes, just an inside stateroom. Very convenient to the Theatre below, just one flight down in the Forward stairs. I liked the cabin overall.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as little as $90 per night - These Florida Resident discounts come and go quickly and must be booked by 9/7/2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases discounted sailings - These discounted rates can all be combined with Dreams Unlimited Travel's exclusive shipboard credits.
- Discount available for pre- and post-night stays at Aulani with a Disney Cruise Line Hawaiian cruise - Sail on the Disney Wonder to Hawaii in 2015 and get a 25% discount at Aulani, plus free breakfast.
- Blog - The Perfect Time to Cruise: Choosing to Cruise Even When Life Gets in the Way
- Florida residents can sail for as little as $90 per night! - These Florida Resident discounts come and go quickly and must be booked by 8/31/2014.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- 20% off on select cruises for Canadian residents - Discount is available on several 7 and 5 night Western Caribbean cruises.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Set sail for as little as $120 per night.
- What does it take to decorate for the holidays on Disney Cruise Line? - Very Merrytime Cruises are scheduled for the holiday season.
- Disney Cruise Line honored by Bon Voyage digital magazine
Disney Cruise Line took top honors in several categories.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.