Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5509 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5509||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 06/15/13|
Notes: The sideway Stateroom seemed so much bigger than the regular standard stateroom.
Our stateroom attendant, Klinel was so awesome! He worked around our family's hectic fun schedule in order to keep our room in tip-top shape.
TV: a flat screen with remote. Worked great.
Storage space - lots of it, some we left empty.
Bed: needs a new mattress, but we were so tired from our shore excursions that it didn't bother us. I recommend taking out the twin divider in the middle and replacing it with a queen mattress.
Pillows: my family loved the fluffy pillows. I prefer the firm ones. So, they won!
Linens: clean and always looking nice. Klinel was magical. Everytime I walked in, it was clean and tidy.
Closet & hangars: lots of space
Safe: worked great
Wall between closet and bathroom: a dent that appeared as if some threw something horizontally into the wall. I didn't notice it until the last day.
Bathroom door: always got stuck and wouldn't close. I would have to manipulate the hinge. The toilet was acting funky and called maintenance, because it wasn't flushing. The water pressure coming out of the sink blasted out. Sometimes, brown stuff came out of the water faucet. Yes, I reported this one, too. The hot water sometimes was weak when we were docked at the port.
My family liked the 5th floor, because it was convenient to all the children's activities, theater, etc.
The noise level was only noticed when our neighbors with young boys came in after the late night shows. Sometimes, you would hear the show, but overall, it was quiet.
To view the port before we docked, we would order room service, and we would go to the top deck.
Overall, we liked it and will be booking another sideways room again.
Thank you to Disney. It was a magical experience
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 5509||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 05/26/11|
Notes: Very noisy because of crew access door that takes you down to the anchor room.LOTS of noise early when docking at ports.Not convenient to anything.Long walk at the very end of the hall.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5509||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 12/17/07|
Notes: Very convenient to the kids clubs. It was a sideways cabin and it seemed much more roomy than the regular cabin. It is right over the Walt Disney Theater but since you are at dinner or at a show during the two nightly shows, it shouldn't be a problem.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.