Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5510 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5510||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 5||Category: 9A||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 09/09/12|
Notes: It was a great room and we were impressed with the size. Everything functioned as it should with the exception of the door not locking unless we pulled hard to ensure it had latch. We addressed the issue with our Statroom Hostess and the problem was quickly fixed. The hallway was mostly quiet however being above the theatre you could hear the base through the floor between 8-9pm. We had a 2 and 3 year old sleeping in our room and it did not disturb them in the slightest. It was convenient to be located on the same floor as the kids club and nursery. I would book this room again.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5510||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 8||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/13/07|
Notes: We loved this room..It's down a quiet hallway, the only others walking by are in the couple of rooms that are in this hallway. We had 1 problem (the shower faucet fell off after about the 3rd day!..we called the front desk/maintenance, and someone came & repaired it while we were at dinner. It had been loose and I would have called to have it fixed earlier, but it wasn't too bad, and I thought it was just supposed to be loose (easier to turn, type of loose).. We loved being on the same floor as the Oceaneers Lab, but not too close (far enough away that we heard nothing from there), plus we didn't usually have problems getting an elevator, being in the front of the ship, as opposed to the mid-ship elevators, unless you tried right after the theater got out. There were 4 of us in the cabin and I thought the room was very adequate for all of us. We will definitely book this room again & recommend it to anyone who want to be close to everything, but yet still feel like they are alone...
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.