Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5511 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 5511||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11C||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 04/14/12|
Notes: As noted by others who sailed in this room on the Dream, there is a crew access door near this cabin that could be heard when closed sometimes late in the evening. Also, during heavy seas, waves hitting the bow tended to reverberate through the cabin, though I suspect this is true of all forward cabins below the top most decks. Thrusters are loud during docking only. None of these characteristics caused us to lose sleep. Room is small but lots of storage and only a problem when getting ready for dinner (showering/dressing).
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 5511||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/06/11|
Notes: This room is a bit hard to get to. It is very close to being at the end of the hallway and that can make for a long walk at times. The way deck 5 is designed, it is like a maze to get to your room. But after two days I was getting the hang of it. The room has a lot of storage areas, but still felt a bit cramped with me and my 2 younger children. I really can't imagine having 4 people in this room. The bed was really comfortable. There must be something mechanical behind this room, because at times you can here strange noises behind the fake porthole wall. This was usually only when the ship was pulling in or out of port that it was loud. This did not disturb our sleep at night. I never heard any of our neighbors.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.