Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5511 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 5511||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11C||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 04/14/12|
Notes: As noted by others who sailed in this room on the Dream, there is a crew access door near this cabin that could be heard when closed sometimes late in the evening. Also, during heavy seas, waves hitting the bow tended to reverberate through the cabin, though I suspect this is true of all forward cabins below the top most decks. Thrusters are loud during docking only. None of these characteristics caused us to lose sleep. Room is small but lots of storage and only a problem when getting ready for dinner (showering/dressing).
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 5511||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/06/11|
Notes: This room is a bit hard to get to. It is very close to being at the end of the hallway and that can make for a long walk at times. The way deck 5 is designed, it is like a maze to get to your room. But after two days I was getting the hang of it. The room has a lot of storage areas, but still felt a bit cramped with me and my 2 younger children. I really can't imagine having 4 people in this room. The bed was really comfortable. There must be something mechanical behind this room, because at times you can here strange noises behind the fake porthole wall. This was usually only when the ship was pulling in or out of port that it was loud. This did not disturb our sleep at night. I never heard any of our neighbors.
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.