Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5511 Report
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 5511||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11C||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 04/14/12|
Notes: As noted by others who sailed in this room on the Dream, there is a crew access door near this cabin that could be heard when closed sometimes late in the evening. Also, during heavy seas, waves hitting the bow tended to reverberate through the cabin, though I suspect this is true of all forward cabins below the top most decks. Thrusters are loud during docking only. None of these characteristics caused us to lose sleep. Room is small but lots of storage and only a problem when getting ready for dinner (showering/dressing).
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 5511||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/06/11|
Notes: This room is a bit hard to get to. It is very close to being at the end of the hallway and that can make for a long walk at times. The way deck 5 is designed, it is like a maze to get to your room. But after two days I was getting the hang of it. The room has a lot of storage areas, but still felt a bit cramped with me and my 2 younger children. I really can't imagine having 4 people in this room. The bed was really comfortable. There must be something mechanical behind this room, because at times you can here strange noises behind the fake porthole wall. This was usually only when the ship was pulling in or out of port that it was loud. This did not disturb our sleep at night. I never heard any of our neighbors.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.