Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5639 Report
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5639||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/28/11|
Notes: We stayed in this room  on Disney Wonder for the June 28th 2011 Alaska cruise. We too found it to be quiet except for the excess noise from the air handler on the other side of the wall. However; it did provide a type of White Noise to make for better sleeping. On the 4th of July the crew setup grills on the aft decks to grill stakes, hamburgers, and hot dogs. This was a problem because the air intake for the above mentioned air handlers was above them on deck 10 and the intake pulled the smoke and fumes into our room. Yuck! The propeller vibrations can be felt in this room as well. The room is the last inboard stateroom on the right in the deck 5, starboard, aft, hallway. It is close to the aft elevators and midway location on stairs for going down to Parrot Cay (Deck 3) and Animators Pallet (Deck 2) and up to Beach Blanket & Palo (on Deck 9 and 10 respectively). This room is a Standard Inside Stateroom with one bath. Not the separate shower and sink like in most higher category rooms. It sleeps only three with the couch folding out as a single bed. We felt as if we were in a camping trailer in this room and it is lacking in closet storage. We had three large suit cases and they barely fit in the closet. The queen size bed was very comfortable. For a video on how to find the room and a short tour go here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERc1yDEbbw
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5639||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 05/23/09|
Notes: Very quiet room as near the end of a corridor and only 2 immediate neighbours (crew areas immediately aft of this room). We notice plenty of officers coming from further down corridor (where no rooms) and they were keen to ask how we were and was everything ok.
Close to Aft elevators and midway location on stairs for going down to Parrot Cay/Animators and up to Topsiders/Palo. (Not too exhausting getting up to deck 9 on the stairs).
Even though it is one of the smallest categories it is fine for 2 adults. Might be a bit small or too little storage for 3 unless it is a small child.
Bed runs port-starboard (from head to foot)and was v comfy. No fold-down bunk.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.