Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5639 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5639||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/28/11|
Notes: We stayed in this room  on Disney Wonder for the June 28th 2011 Alaska cruise. We too found it to be quiet except for the excess noise from the air handler on the other side of the wall. However; it did provide a type of White Noise to make for better sleeping. On the 4th of July the crew setup grills on the aft decks to grill stakes, hamburgers, and hot dogs. This was a problem because the air intake for the above mentioned air handlers was above them on deck 10 and the intake pulled the smoke and fumes into our room. Yuck! The propeller vibrations can be felt in this room as well. The room is the last inboard stateroom on the right in the deck 5, starboard, aft, hallway. It is close to the aft elevators and midway location on stairs for going down to Parrot Cay (Deck 3) and Animators Pallet (Deck 2) and up to Beach Blanket & Palo (on Deck 9 and 10 respectively). This room is a Standard Inside Stateroom with one bath. Not the separate shower and sink like in most higher category rooms. It sleeps only three with the couch folding out as a single bed. We felt as if we were in a camping trailer in this room and it is lacking in closet storage. We had three large suit cases and they barely fit in the closet. The queen size bed was very comfortable. For a video on how to find the room and a short tour go here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERc1yDEbbw
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5639||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 05/23/09|
Notes: Very quiet room as near the end of a corridor and only 2 immediate neighbours (crew areas immediately aft of this room). We notice plenty of officers coming from further down corridor (where no rooms) and they were keen to ask how we were and was everything ok.
Close to Aft elevators and midway location on stairs for going down to Parrot Cay/Animators and up to Topsiders/Palo. (Not too exhausting getting up to deck 9 on the stairs).
Even though it is one of the smallest categories it is fine for 2 adults. Might be a bit small or too little storage for 3 unless it is a small child.
Bed runs port-starboard (from head to foot)and was v comfy. No fold-down bunk.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.