Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5639 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5639||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/28/11|
Notes: We stayed in this room  on Disney Wonder for the June 28th 2011 Alaska cruise. We too found it to be quiet except for the excess noise from the air handler on the other side of the wall. However; it did provide a type of White Noise to make for better sleeping. On the 4th of July the crew setup grills on the aft decks to grill stakes, hamburgers, and hot dogs. This was a problem because the air intake for the above mentioned air handlers was above them on deck 10 and the intake pulled the smoke and fumes into our room. Yuck! The propeller vibrations can be felt in this room as well. The room is the last inboard stateroom on the right in the deck 5, starboard, aft, hallway. It is close to the aft elevators and midway location on stairs for going down to Parrot Cay (Deck 3) and Animators Pallet (Deck 2) and up to Beach Blanket & Palo (on Deck 9 and 10 respectively). This room is a Standard Inside Stateroom with one bath. Not the separate shower and sink like in most higher category rooms. It sleeps only three with the couch folding out as a single bed. We felt as if we were in a camping trailer in this room and it is lacking in closet storage. We had three large suit cases and they barely fit in the closet. The queen size bed was very comfortable. For a video on how to find the room and a short tour go here> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERc1yDEbbw
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5639||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 11||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 05/23/09|
Notes: Very quiet room as near the end of a corridor and only 2 immediate neighbours (crew areas immediately aft of this room). We notice plenty of officers coming from further down corridor (where no rooms) and they were keen to ask how we were and was everything ok.
Close to Aft elevators and midway location on stairs for going down to Parrot Cay/Animators and up to Topsiders/Palo. (Not too exhausting getting up to deck 9 on the stairs).
Even though it is one of the smallest categories it is fine for 2 adults. Might be a bit small or too little storage for 3 unless it is a small child.
Bed runs port-starboard (from head to foot)and was v comfy. No fold-down bunk.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.