Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 5648 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5648||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 5||Category: 6A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 04/29/12|
Notes: The room is almost as far back as you can get. And it seems further when you forget something. It is showing a little wear, but otherwise in great shape. The noise was loud when we were leaving port, but really that only lasted a short time. There is no steamer trunk and thought we would miss it, and really we didn't miss it at all. Just hung more things than we normally would. I did miss the clear verandah wall but for the right price would choose this room again.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 5648||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 5||Category: 6||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 12/27/08|
Notes: if this was the first cabin I had ever been in, I would have very few comments.
However, we are used to category 6's mid-ship deck 6, so we noticed some differences.
Capacity -- only holds 3 passengers (no drop down bunk) -- so, if you are a party of 4, you can skip the rest of this report
Verandah -- different shape, seemed a bit smaller, solid "wall". we did not like the solid wall. while we don't spend that much time in the room, we do like to look out over the water.
Room size -- seemed smaller than mid-ship cat 6's. also no steamer trunk (so less storage)
Hall noise -- virtually none
Engine noise -- significant, especially on port days (don't even think about sleeping in)
Engine vibration -- slightly noticeable (kinda like background noise) except arriving/departing port, when it was significant
Room location -- very convenient to restaurants, even back stairs to Topsiders. also convenient to the "secret" deck aft on deck 7. otherwise, felt very far from everything (not that anything is really all that far from anything else on the ship).
All in all, we much prefer the cat 6 mid-ship deck 6
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 5648||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 5||Category: 6||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/26/04|
Notes: This cabin was quiet and convenient to the Oceaneer's Club. Hardly any hallway noise at all. Plenty of room and storage. The verandah has a sold metal wall, rather than a plexiglass wall. I would not choose this room for that reason alone, in the future. But, hey, it was a balcony cabin on a Caribbean cruise!
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.