Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6002 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 12/01/12|
Notes: Everything was in good working order. The room is at the furthest point from the elevator. But there is very little to no traffic from people in the hallway. The laundry room is more than halfway down the ship on the opposite side. All dining is at the other end of the ship, the shows, movie theater, kids club and adult areas are easier to get to as they are pretty much located in the lower levels in forward and mid ship. There is no noise from any of these areas. You will hear the anchor drop when in port. We used this as our alarm clock. It did not wake everyone up. So it depends on how you sleep. It will wake a light sleeper up. This was not a problem since we knew what it was and about what time it would be used. We would stay in this room again for the location. This room will sleep 4.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 9D||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 08/18/12|
Notes: Booked room 6002 and 6000 adjoining rooms. Contrary to how it appears on the deck plans the rooms are NOT over Vibe and are very quiet. The porthole is located on an angled wall and looks out over the front of the ship. If seeing the ocean is important to you then this is not the room for you; you see more of the front of the ship than the ocean.
The room has more floor area than a normal oceanview stateroom but the "extra" floor has an angled front wall that prevents even short people from standing upright there. (It's at about a 45 degree angle.) 6000 has a bit more room, so if choosing between this room and 6000 choose the latter. The extra floor area is about the width of a twin mattress; as there were 6 of us sharing 2 rooms we (or, rather, our stateroom attendant) took the mattress from the sofabed from 6002 into this extra floor area in 6000 so 4 could sleep in this room. The opposite could also be done. This became the coveted spot for the children to sleep. Both this room and 6000 have the queen bed and sofa bed only and both rooms sleep only three people normally. Only possible downside is that it is all the way in the front so it's not close to any staircases or elevators.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/01/11|
Notes: Quiet room, no hall traffic, close to forward elevators and kids club. Only one neighbour in 6004 as other side is hallway for wheelchair accessible room, never heard outdoor noise. Has upper pull down bunk, and couch can be made into bed. See averystravel.ca for room pics.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 12||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/14/07|
Notes: This room was great. The only noise issues were in the morning the last 2 days when we were pulling into port and the people in the room next to us packing. This was because they were slamming their drawers. Not far from forward elevator.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.