Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6002 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 12/01/12|
Notes: Everything was in good working order. The room is at the furthest point from the elevator. But there is very little to no traffic from people in the hallway. The laundry room is more than halfway down the ship on the opposite side. All dining is at the other end of the ship, the shows, movie theater, kids club and adult areas are easier to get to as they are pretty much located in the lower levels in forward and mid ship. There is no noise from any of these areas. You will hear the anchor drop when in port. We used this as our alarm clock. It did not wake everyone up. So it depends on how you sleep. It will wake a light sleeper up. This was not a problem since we knew what it was and about what time it would be used. We would stay in this room again for the location. This room will sleep 4.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 9D||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 08/18/12|
Notes: Booked room 6002 and 6000 adjoining rooms. Contrary to how it appears on the deck plans the rooms are NOT over Vibe and are very quiet. The porthole is located on an angled wall and looks out over the front of the ship. If seeing the ocean is important to you then this is not the room for you; you see more of the front of the ship than the ocean.
The room has more floor area than a normal oceanview stateroom but the "extra" floor has an angled front wall that prevents even short people from standing upright there. (It's at about a 45 degree angle.) 6000 has a bit more room, so if choosing between this room and 6000 choose the latter. The extra floor area is about the width of a twin mattress; as there were 6 of us sharing 2 rooms we (or, rather, our stateroom attendant) took the mattress from the sofabed from 6002 into this extra floor area in 6000 so 4 could sleep in this room. The opposite could also be done. This became the coveted spot for the children to sleep. Both this room and 6000 have the queen bed and sofa bed only and both rooms sleep only three people normally. Only possible downside is that it is all the way in the front so it's not close to any staircases or elevators.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/01/11|
Notes: Quiet room, no hall traffic, close to forward elevators and kids club. Only one neighbour in 6004 as other side is hallway for wheelchair accessible room, never heard outdoor noise. Has upper pull down bunk, and couch can be made into bed. See averystravel.ca for room pics.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 6002||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 12||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/14/07|
Notes: This room was great. The only noise issues were in the morning the last 2 days when we were pulling into port and the people in the room next to us packing. This was because they were slamming their drawers. Not far from forward elevator.
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.