Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6504 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 9A||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 03/06/11|
Notes: This cabin has its advantages and disadvantages - that average out to "Average" in our ranking opinion. The room is HUGE, but there is no curtain to make a quiet area for the kids sleeping. The porthole is smaller than most, and at an angle. Plus, given the ship's nose cover at deck 5, I am not sure how it's called an "ocean view" - there is no ocean to see (or anything else for that matter). There is noise that comes in from below - sounded like pressure washing about midnight from the running track round deck 4. We also experiences a horrible fish smell from the bathroom that would go away if we ran the shower for a few minutes. But, if you are looking for size, this is the room.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 9A||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 01/26/11|
Notes: I don't think this should be classified as an 'Oceanview' as there is no real view to be had, only of the sky. The porthole is at an angle and you look out at the bright white steel, blinding at times. The room was big and did sleep 4. No problem with smells from the bathroom. Major problem with the crew power-washing the exterior steel walls at 4 a.m.!!! Complained to guest services and they didn't know what I was talking about. Noise could be heard from Vibe below, but quieted down around midnight. Pros: Nice size room; fantastic stateroom host! Con: No view, small porthole, noise from crew and Vibe. TV remote wouldn't work from the bed, as it was too far from the TV. Wouldn't stay in this room again...should be down-
graded in my opinion.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 12/10/05|
Notes: Room 6504 was in pretty good condition. No obvious wear in the carpet, cabinets, bathroom. Everything was in working order. Because it is so far forward, we definitely felt the boat rocking more than usual. It is also a small room. It seems smaller than other cat 11 rooms, but I could be mistaken. My sister stayed in room 6511 just a couple doors down, and it seemed larger. That room had a side entrance, which may have made it seem larger. We also did not have a trunk to put clothing in. There is very little room to put clothing. The room will hold 4 people (pull down bunk bed) but there is definitely not enough room for 4 people's clothing. I would be surprised if there was room for 2 people's clothing. We basically lived out of suitcases, which was very inconvenient. It seemed like we were always stepping over or around people or suitcases. Even though this room is on the exterior of the boat, there is not window. It is a true cat 11 room without the split bath. I did enjoy being on deck 6 as we were within 3 decks of anything going on.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 09/13/03|
Notes: Room was in need of repairs. Water damage to crown molding, carpet and furniture stains.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.