Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6504 Report
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 9A||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 03/06/11|
Notes: This cabin has its advantages and disadvantages - that average out to "Average" in our ranking opinion. The room is HUGE, but there is no curtain to make a quiet area for the kids sleeping. The porthole is smaller than most, and at an angle. Plus, given the ship's nose cover at deck 5, I am not sure how it's called an "ocean view" - there is no ocean to see (or anything else for that matter). There is noise that comes in from below - sounded like pressure washing about midnight from the running track round deck 4. We also experiences a horrible fish smell from the bathroom that would go away if we ran the shower for a few minutes. But, if you are looking for size, this is the room.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 9A||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 01/26/11|
Notes: I don't think this should be classified as an 'Oceanview' as there is no real view to be had, only of the sky. The porthole is at an angle and you look out at the bright white steel, blinding at times. The room was big and did sleep 4. No problem with smells from the bathroom. Major problem with the crew power-washing the exterior steel walls at 4 a.m.!!! Complained to guest services and they didn't know what I was talking about. Noise could be heard from Vibe below, but quieted down around midnight. Pros: Nice size room; fantastic stateroom host! Con: No view, small porthole, noise from crew and Vibe. TV remote wouldn't work from the bed, as it was too far from the TV. Wouldn't stay in this room again...should be down-
graded in my opinion.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 12/10/05|
Notes: Room 6504 was in pretty good condition. No obvious wear in the carpet, cabinets, bathroom. Everything was in working order. Because it is so far forward, we definitely felt the boat rocking more than usual. It is also a small room. It seems smaller than other cat 11 rooms, but I could be mistaken. My sister stayed in room 6511 just a couple doors down, and it seemed larger. That room had a side entrance, which may have made it seem larger. We also did not have a trunk to put clothing in. There is very little room to put clothing. The room will hold 4 people (pull down bunk bed) but there is definitely not enough room for 4 people's clothing. I would be surprised if there was room for 2 people's clothing. We basically lived out of suitcases, which was very inconvenient. It seemed like we were always stepping over or around people or suitcases. Even though this room is on the exterior of the boat, there is not window. It is a true cat 11 room without the split bath. I did enjoy being on deck 6 as we were within 3 decks of anything going on.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6504||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 11||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 09/13/03|
Notes: Room was in need of repairs. Water damage to crown molding, carpet and furniture stains.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit offer for Galveston cruises extended through 12/7/13 - Book a 7-night Bahamian or Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Wonder and get a great onboard credit, plus only pay half of the deposit amount!
- Changes made to several upcoming sailings - Several sail dates have been changed to accommodate the Disney Dream's new Monday and Friday departure schedule. Some sailings on the Disney Magic will now take place on the Disney Wonder.
- Disney Cruise discounts offered for Florida residents - Florida residents can take advantage of several discounts offered by Disney Cruise Line.
- Military discount offered on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. Military can get a great rate on a Panama Canal cruise with Disney Cruise Line!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Inside Passage - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Midship - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Skagway - Disney Wonder Deck 10 Forward - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney Cruise Line - Skagway Pier - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Disney Cruise Line.
- Disney Cruise Line offers multiple discounted rates - Disney Cruise Line offers lead rates on several of their sail dates.
- VIDEO: Chocolate Tasting on the Disney Wonder - Visit http://www.disunplugged.com for more episodes of the DIS Unplugged.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Contact Dreams Unlimited Travel for more information! RCCL@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com
- Sail out of Miami for as little as $125 per person, per day! - Book a 5-night Western Caribbean sailing on the Disney Magic out of Miami and get a great rate, starting at only $125 per person, per day!
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- New sail dates added for the Disney Magic
The Disney Magic will begin sailing 7-night Caribbean itineraries out of Port Canaveral.
- Changes to sail dates for the Disney Magic
Sail dates have been been changed for several sailings on the Disney Magic. Some sailings will now take place on the Disney Wonder instead.
- Disney Cruise Line holds first AquaDucky fundraiser
Disney Cruise Line hosts a unique fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish organization.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Catches Fire
A fire aboard Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas interrupts a seven-night Bahamian cruise.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.