Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6534 Report
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6534||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 5D||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 08/10/12|
Notes: Despite being located across the hall from a maintenance room and very close to the forward elevators, this room was very quiet and we didn't really seem to have a lot of hallway traffic. No mechanical noises or anything like that. There is a connecting door in this room, but we didn't hear a peep from our neighbors and used the connecting door handle as a hanger for our beach bag. The verandah overlooks an oversized deck 5 verandah, so you will lose some privacy in that regard (and you may have a tough time getting your own kids to stop staring at the people below!!!). It was a pretty convenient area in terms of location ... not too far from the midship elevators (which we used more than the forward elevators) and a pretty easy walk down a couple flights of stairs to the formal restuarants, theaters, and kids clubs. We had one issue that drove me nuts - it's pretty minor, but I was really looking forward to the dual clotheslines in the bathroom and one of ours was broken (no string). We called and lodged a complaint on our first night and were told it would be fixed ... on the 3rd night, we mentioned it to our room host. So, hopefully, it will be fixed by the time the next cruiser gets onboard. Other than the clothesline and some pretty large dust bunnies hiding under the bed and along the baseboards (I lost an earring and spent some time crawling around on the floor!), everything appeared to be in great shape. I would have no problem staying in this room again.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6534||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 5||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 04/10/11|
Notes: We loved this room. We are a 5D but have a clear view down of the ocean (actually you look down on extended verandahs but more midship you look down on the protruding yellow lifeboats). We were convenient to the theaters and the kids club was down one floor and around the corner down the hall (read: not much traffic but easy to find). The forward elevators do deposit you in the adult area on 11 but I believe if you keep moving it is no big deal.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6534||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 04/04/09|
Notes: Excellent location mid to fore with just seconds to reach Oceaneer's or the theater. Very quiet. Having a verandah enhanced the cruise in every way. In the late afternoons, we often enjoyed our leftover wine from the night before with cheese platters from room service.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.