Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6534 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6534||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 5D||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 08/10/12|
Notes: Despite being located across the hall from a maintenance room and very close to the forward elevators, this room was very quiet and we didn't really seem to have a lot of hallway traffic. No mechanical noises or anything like that. There is a connecting door in this room, but we didn't hear a peep from our neighbors and used the connecting door handle as a hanger for our beach bag. The verandah overlooks an oversized deck 5 verandah, so you will lose some privacy in that regard (and you may have a tough time getting your own kids to stop staring at the people below!!!). It was a pretty convenient area in terms of location ... not too far from the midship elevators (which we used more than the forward elevators) and a pretty easy walk down a couple flights of stairs to the formal restuarants, theaters, and kids clubs. We had one issue that drove me nuts - it's pretty minor, but I was really looking forward to the dual clotheslines in the bathroom and one of ours was broken (no string). We called and lodged a complaint on our first night and were told it would be fixed ... on the 3rd night, we mentioned it to our room host. So, hopefully, it will be fixed by the time the next cruiser gets onboard. Other than the clothesline and some pretty large dust bunnies hiding under the bed and along the baseboards (I lost an earring and spent some time crawling around on the floor!), everything appeared to be in great shape. I would have no problem staying in this room again.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6534||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 5||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 04/10/11|
Notes: We loved this room. We are a 5D but have a clear view down of the ocean (actually you look down on extended verandahs but more midship you look down on the protruding yellow lifeboats). We were convenient to the theaters and the kids club was down one floor and around the corner down the hall (read: not much traffic but easy to find). The forward elevators do deposit you in the adult area on 11 but I believe if you keep moving it is no big deal.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6534||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 04/04/09|
Notes: Excellent location mid to fore with just seconds to reach Oceaneer's or the theater. Very quiet. Having a verandah enhanced the cruise in every way. In the late afternoons, we often enjoyed our leftover wine from the night before with cheese platters from room service.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.