Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6536 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6536||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6A||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 12/19/13|
Notes: The room itself wasn't noisy on either side of us but we could hear kids running up and down on the deck above. Not any different than any other hotel i've stayed at. We were pleasantly surprised at this room. It was pretty small, but it was just my wife and I on our first cruise. Didnt take the kids with us this time. As far as room goes, it was pretty tight for the 2 of us, but it was ok for a 3 day cruise. We didn�t unpack our luggage, and just left them on the couch, but next time, we�ll probably do that. The beds were also pretty comfortable. We were also able to keep the room fairly cool, which we like, but traveling in December, it was a bit too cool sometimes, but we like it that way. The shower and the toilet are separated, both with a sink so that made it easier for my wife and I to get ready easier. The shower was fairly small, but it did what we needed it to do. We loved the ability to open the door to the outside and go out and look at the ocean. Beautiful views when we were pulling into port, and leaving. We also like the fact that this room in particular was right next to the elevator. We were all over the ship, so access to the elevator and stairs was beneficial for us. As far as motion goes, we had pretty stiff winds, but being forward and in the middle of the ship made the motion seem not very bad at all, if not a bit relaxing when trying to go to sleep. Overall, we had a great experience on the cruise, and in room 6536.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6536||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 6||Category: 5D||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 02/20/13|
Notes: This was our very first cruise and we loved it. But we do not plan on staying in a room like this again. Call us spoiled, but 246sq' including verandah was just a touch too tight for the 2 of us.
� Service was Excellent!
� Sleep was heavenly! Kept Verandah door open for the breeze and sound :)
� Daily noise from the deck above us was horrific! This was due to the obnoxious, rude family above us. I found myself wishing I had a broom so I could pound on the ceiling. Every morning and every night they would set their kids loose to run wild. It was so terrible that the people below us could even hear them! They also had no clue what inside voices are. We could hear EVERY WORD!! I called staff for help, but that was worthless, I was even given an attitude of 'really, what do you expect?�. On day 3 of our 4 day cruise, after one especially offensive conversation regarding bodily functions, I went up to let them know that we could hear EVERY word, but alas, they were gone when I got there... so I left a note, yes I did!! Even quoted their conversations, explaining how loud they really were. TBH � I am sure they were just totally
clueless. From now on, I will stand up for myself and my family more quickly, that's for sure!
If staff had done their job and helped the people above us realize how loud they were, I would have rated a 5.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6536||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/18/08|
Notes: This room was VERY noisy, from early morning pressure washing on deck below. Also there was a broken pipe on the deck below which had them working on it all day long. View was great! Room was in great condition and very comfortable. Convenient to kids club which is right below room, but did not hear any noise from it. Room connects to 6538.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 6536||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 10/27/07|
Notes: very quiet..nice room..we had 2 adults and 2 teens and it was big enough..we also had adjoining cabin 6538 with our parents there..very nice and clean
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.