Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6680 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 6680||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 7A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 04/20/13|
Notes: This room was very comfortable with lots of room for DH and I. I loved the verandah and the split bathroom. It was convenient to most everything, Cabanas, Remy, and the Adult District were a straight shot up or down the elevator or stairs.
What I didn't love was pulling into port and when we had to book it back from San Juan to CC in one night. The entire room vibrates. When coming in to port, it wasn't so bad because it woke me up and I was able to get sunrise pictures and pictures pulling into port etc, but when we were coming back from San Juan to Castaway Cay the entire room vibrated like an earthquake all.night.long. I found that it wasn't quite as bad on the pull out sofa-bed thingy than it was on the actual bed, but it was bad.
Overall, it was fine, but we won't stay in an aft room next time because of the vibration.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 6680||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 04/13/13|
Notes: I hate to give this room such a low rating because it is a balcony room in the aft of the ship so this normally means a very quiet room close to all of the important areas of the ship. Upon arrival we thought the room was wonderful. It was not until we were well under way that night when we noticed that the middle of the room was vibrating. The bed was shaking bad and forth the whole time. After trying to sleep on the bed that night we reported this to housekeeping and guest services in the morning. I am not sure if something was wrong with the propellers or driveshaft but we could not sleep in this room. Some folks have reported this when pulling into port but this vibration stayed the whole time that the ship was at sea.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6680||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6B||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 09/16/12|
Notes: This was a quiet and spacious cabin. It has a verandah with a solid white wall. However, the wall was only about 24" tall and in no way affected the view. It was not too far from the aft elevators, so accessibility was not a problem. It can be an adjoining cabin if desired. We did not hear any noise from the next cabin despite the shared door. I would request this room again.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.