Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 6680 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 6680||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 6||Category: 7A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 04/20/13|
Notes: This room was very comfortable with lots of room for DH and I. I loved the verandah and the split bathroom. It was convenient to most everything, Cabanas, Remy, and the Adult District were a straight shot up or down the elevator or stairs.
What I didn't love was pulling into port and when we had to book it back from San Juan to CC in one night. The entire room vibrates. When coming in to port, it wasn't so bad because it woke me up and I was able to get sunrise pictures and pictures pulling into port etc, but when we were coming back from San Juan to Castaway Cay the entire room vibrated like an earthquake all.night.long. I found that it wasn't quite as bad on the pull out sofa-bed thingy than it was on the actual bed, but it was bad.
Overall, it was fine, but we won't stay in an aft room next time because of the vibration.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 6680||Condition: 2|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 04/13/13|
Notes: I hate to give this room such a low rating because it is a balcony room in the aft of the ship so this normally means a very quiet room close to all of the important areas of the ship. Upon arrival we thought the room was wonderful. It was not until we were well under way that night when we noticed that the middle of the room was vibrating. The bed was shaking bad and forth the whole time. After trying to sleep on the bed that night we reported this to housekeeping and guest services in the morning. I am not sure if something was wrong with the propellers or driveshaft but we could not sleep in this room. Some folks have reported this when pulling into port but this vibration stayed the whole time that the ship was at sea.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 6680||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 6||Category: 6B||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 09/16/12|
Notes: This was a quiet and spacious cabin. It has a verandah with a solid white wall. However, the wall was only about 24" tall and in no way affected the view. It was not too far from the aft elevators, so accessibility was not a problem. It can be an adjoining cabin if desired. We did not hear any noise from the next cabin despite the shared door. I would request this room again.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $175 per night - There are discounts available on several 3-night Bahamas sailings.
- New Disney Cruise Line discounts added for Florida residents - A discount is available for the 4/3/14 3-night Bahamas sailing.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.