Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 7138 Report
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 5B||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/10/12|
Notes: We really loved Cabin 7138, an aft HA balcony. The room is rectangular with the queen bed (or 2 twins if you prefer), a sofa sleeper, pullman bed in the ceiling, and murphy bed in the wall to sleep 5.
There is a large balcony with two chairs, a small table, and two loungers. The ramped doorway was wide enough for a scooter or wheelchair to make it onto the verandah. We loved standing out there at sunrise!
The closet is HUGE with shelves, plenty of hanging space, and the footlocker-type shelf unit, too. You can take a wheelchair or scooter in there easily.
There is room to maneuver a scooter or wheelchair around either side of the main bed with ease if the beds are together. We had both in the cabin at the same time and still had plenty of room to walk around even with the Murphy bed down.
One small TV. One small beverage cooler. Two power outlets near TV. More shelves. We had 3 adults and didn't use them all.
Large rectangular roll-in bathroom / roll-in shower with fold-down shower seat and adjustable shower head. You can request a potty handles/seat if you need the extra support & stability for the toilet. There are a lot of grab bars in shower, near toilet, and on door. Thought the bathroom could use a robe/clothes hook.
No electronic door openers, but the cabin steward (if you're lucky, it will be Cheffy!) will give you a doorstop.
You can feel some vibrations at times, but it wasn't bothersome to us. Movement to me felt like being in a moving car or RV. Not bad.
Loved being close to the "secret" staircase that takes you directly into the buffet and near the aft elevators, which is very convenient to all the ship's dining rooms.
We would book this cabin again.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 4C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 05/26/12|
Notes: Great stateroom, not a bad walk to aft elevators. We took stairs mostly. Good walk up to 11 or down to 4. A bit of a walk to mid but that was okay b/c then less traffic past our door. Room had plenty of space for the three of us. Good views portside (including rescue of stranded Cubans during our day at sea) We did not use top bunk. We had two other options for our child -bottom bunk and Murphy bed. Daughter said Murphy bed mattress was too hard but that may be b/c we let her sleep in the comfy queen bed one night. Under bed storage is perfect for luggage, plus steamer trunk and lots of dresser space. Separate bathrooms also worked well. Room in great condition - only 8th sailing.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 7||Category: 7||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/13/11|
Notes: Quiet. At the very rear of the boat. Very large deck as the room is on the back "curve" of the boat. This is a handicap room and as such there are pluses and minuses. On the plus side the room is very wide and navigable with a huge walk-in closet. The minus side is the layout of the bathroom (no split and there is a flat area in the bathroom for your shower where a curtain pulls around. Not all the shower water is caught the in-floor drain). The aft viewing deck is right next door so there are people looking over the wall onto your deck all day but since this was an upgrade for us (we booked a category 9) we didn't mind. Excellent views on this Alaska trip. Long walk to forward but straight up to Beach Blanket Buffet and straight down to Animator's Palate and Parrot Cay.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 5||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/20/05|
Notes: Very nice....and quiet
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.