Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 7138 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 5B||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/10/12|
Notes: We really loved Cabin 7138, an aft HA balcony. The room is rectangular with the queen bed (or 2 twins if you prefer), a sofa sleeper, pullman bed in the ceiling, and murphy bed in the wall to sleep 5.
There is a large balcony with two chairs, a small table, and two loungers. The ramped doorway was wide enough for a scooter or wheelchair to make it onto the verandah. We loved standing out there at sunrise!
The closet is HUGE with shelves, plenty of hanging space, and the footlocker-type shelf unit, too. You can take a wheelchair or scooter in there easily.
There is room to maneuver a scooter or wheelchair around either side of the main bed with ease if the beds are together. We had both in the cabin at the same time and still had plenty of room to walk around even with the Murphy bed down.
One small TV. One small beverage cooler. Two power outlets near TV. More shelves. We had 3 adults and didn't use them all.
Large rectangular roll-in bathroom / roll-in shower with fold-down shower seat and adjustable shower head. You can request a potty handles/seat if you need the extra support & stability for the toilet. There are a lot of grab bars in shower, near toilet, and on door. Thought the bathroom could use a robe/clothes hook.
No electronic door openers, but the cabin steward (if you're lucky, it will be Cheffy!) will give you a doorstop.
You can feel some vibrations at times, but it wasn't bothersome to us. Movement to me felt like being in a moving car or RV. Not bad.
Loved being close to the "secret" staircase that takes you directly into the buffet and near the aft elevators, which is very convenient to all the ship's dining rooms.
We would book this cabin again.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 4C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 05/26/12|
Notes: Great stateroom, not a bad walk to aft elevators. We took stairs mostly. Good walk up to 11 or down to 4. A bit of a walk to mid but that was okay b/c then less traffic past our door. Room had plenty of space for the three of us. Good views portside (including rescue of stranded Cubans during our day at sea) We did not use top bunk. We had two other options for our child -bottom bunk and Murphy bed. Daughter said Murphy bed mattress was too hard but that may be b/c we let her sleep in the comfy queen bed one night. Under bed storage is perfect for luggage, plus steamer trunk and lots of dresser space. Separate bathrooms also worked well. Room in great condition - only 8th sailing.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 7||Category: 7||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/13/11|
Notes: Quiet. At the very rear of the boat. Very large deck as the room is on the back "curve" of the boat. This is a handicap room and as such there are pluses and minuses. On the plus side the room is very wide and navigable with a huge walk-in closet. The minus side is the layout of the bathroom (no split and there is a flat area in the bathroom for your shower where a curtain pulls around. Not all the shower water is caught the in-floor drain). The aft viewing deck is right next door so there are people looking over the wall onto your deck all day but since this was an upgrade for us (we booked a category 9) we didn't mind. Excellent views on this Alaska trip. Long walk to forward but straight up to Beach Blanket Buffet and straight down to Animator's Palate and Parrot Cay.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 5||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/20/05|
Notes: Very nice....and quiet
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.