Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 7138 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 5B||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/10/12|
Notes: We really loved Cabin 7138, an aft HA balcony. The room is rectangular with the queen bed (or 2 twins if you prefer), a sofa sleeper, pullman bed in the ceiling, and murphy bed in the wall to sleep 5.
There is a large balcony with two chairs, a small table, and two loungers. The ramped doorway was wide enough for a scooter or wheelchair to make it onto the verandah. We loved standing out there at sunrise!
The closet is HUGE with shelves, plenty of hanging space, and the footlocker-type shelf unit, too. You can take a wheelchair or scooter in there easily.
There is room to maneuver a scooter or wheelchair around either side of the main bed with ease if the beds are together. We had both in the cabin at the same time and still had plenty of room to walk around even with the Murphy bed down.
One small TV. One small beverage cooler. Two power outlets near TV. More shelves. We had 3 adults and didn't use them all.
Large rectangular roll-in bathroom / roll-in shower with fold-down shower seat and adjustable shower head. You can request a potty handles/seat if you need the extra support & stability for the toilet. There are a lot of grab bars in shower, near toilet, and on door. Thought the bathroom could use a robe/clothes hook.
No electronic door openers, but the cabin steward (if you're lucky, it will be Cheffy!) will give you a doorstop.
You can feel some vibrations at times, but it wasn't bothersome to us. Movement to me felt like being in a moving car or RV. Not bad.
Loved being close to the "secret" staircase that takes you directly into the buffet and near the aft elevators, which is very convenient to all the ship's dining rooms.
We would book this cabin again.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 4C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 05/26/12|
Notes: Great stateroom, not a bad walk to aft elevators. We took stairs mostly. Good walk up to 11 or down to 4. A bit of a walk to mid but that was okay b/c then less traffic past our door. Room had plenty of space for the three of us. Good views portside (including rescue of stranded Cubans during our day at sea) We did not use top bunk. We had two other options for our child -bottom bunk and Murphy bed. Daughter said Murphy bed mattress was too hard but that may be b/c we let her sleep in the comfy queen bed one night. Under bed storage is perfect for luggage, plus steamer trunk and lots of dresser space. Separate bathrooms also worked well. Room in great condition - only 8th sailing.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 7||Category: 7||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/13/11|
Notes: Quiet. At the very rear of the boat. Very large deck as the room is on the back "curve" of the boat. This is a handicap room and as such there are pluses and minuses. On the plus side the room is very wide and navigable with a huge walk-in closet. The minus side is the layout of the bathroom (no split and there is a flat area in the bathroom for your shower where a curtain pulls around. Not all the shower water is caught the in-floor drain). The aft viewing deck is right next door so there are people looking over the wall onto your deck all day but since this was an upgrade for us (we booked a category 9) we didn't mind. Excellent views on this Alaska trip. Long walk to forward but straight up to Beach Blanket Buffet and straight down to Animator's Palate and Parrot Cay.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 7138||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 7||Category: 5||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/20/05|
Notes: Very nice....and quiet
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.