Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8038 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 6B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/06/14|
Notes: We absolutely loved our stateroom and had no problems with noise despite it being located next to the staff room/luggage storage. The room was very clean (thanks to our stateroom host Jorge) and in great condition. Our only complaint is that we couldn't use the verandah at night due to cigar smoke coming from a cigar bar above us. The smell was too strong for us every night. We did spend each morning on our verandah though.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 8||Category: 5B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/02/11|
Notes: I found this room very noisy. On the ship deck plan it looks far enough away from the fwd stairs that noise wouldn't be an issue but we heard noise from the stairs and above as well as through the connecting room. Also, this room is directly across from the staff door to the luggage storage so you'll hear a good deal of noise from that area too. We would never stay in this room again. Also, the coffee/storage table was very scratched up and in pretty bad shape.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 03/21/10|
Notes: Great room and very convenient to mid-ship elevators. Unfortunately, it was a bit noisy on the verandah (constant scraping and other noises at all times). These noises could occasionally be heard in the room itself especially when getting ready for Pirates Night.
The Cat 4's are very tight for a family of 5, but it's doable for a short cruise.
This is a port side room, so you don't have a view of the family beach at Castaway Cay. That's okay as it's better to be on the island itself!
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 08/17/08|
Notes: Midship location is perfect for transit throughout the ship. Queen bed was a little soft so we requested that bedboards be added, request was taken care of within 1 hour. Mainly quiet throughout the day with some noticeable noise from the 9th deck during heavy activity time.
Would definitely book Stateroom again!!
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.