Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8038 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 6B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/06/14|
Notes: We absolutely loved our stateroom and had no problems with noise despite it being located next to the staff room/luggage storage. The room was very clean (thanks to our stateroom host Jorge) and in great condition. Our only complaint is that we couldn't use the verandah at night due to cigar smoke coming from a cigar bar above us. The smell was too strong for us every night. We did spend each morning on our verandah though.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 8||Category: 5B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 02/02/11|
Notes: I found this room very noisy. On the ship deck plan it looks far enough away from the fwd stairs that noise wouldn't be an issue but we heard noise from the stairs and above as well as through the connecting room. Also, this room is directly across from the staff door to the luggage storage so you'll hear a good deal of noise from that area too. We would never stay in this room again. Also, the coffee/storage table was very scratched up and in pretty bad shape.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 03/21/10|
Notes: Great room and very convenient to mid-ship elevators. Unfortunately, it was a bit noisy on the verandah (constant scraping and other noises at all times). These noises could occasionally be heard in the room itself especially when getting ready for Pirates Night.
The Cat 4's are very tight for a family of 5, but it's doable for a short cruise.
This is a port side room, so you don't have a view of the family beach at Castaway Cay. That's okay as it's better to be on the island itself!
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 8038||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 08/17/08|
Notes: Midship location is perfect for transit throughout the ship. Queen bed was a little soft so we requested that bedboards be added, request was taken care of within 1 hour. Mainly quiet throughout the day with some noticeable noise from the 9th deck during heavy activity time.
Would definitely book Stateroom again!!
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Changes to parking procedure at Port Canaveral - You will pay as you enter the lot. Booth 1 will be manned and the others will be automated. Cash or credit card is accepted and guests will receive a printed ticket and receipt. If you would like, you can make a reservation and pre-pay on the Port Canaveral website.
- Anna and Elsa will be on Alaska sailings and select Mediterranean sailings - The characters will be on Alaskan sailings this summer, as well as Mediterranean cruises 7 nights or longer.
- Military cruise discounts offered on a variety of sailings - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - These Florida Resident discounts come and go quickly and must be booked by 7/6/2014.
- Disney Cruise Line Navigator app now available on Disney Wonder - Guests with upcoming cruises will get an email explaining how the app works. The app can be downloaded before your cruise from the Apple App Store or the Google Play store.
- Tasting menu debuts at Palo on Disney Cruise Line - This dinner features six courses that have been paired with wines.
- Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line cruise enhancements released - Combining ABD's personal service and expertise in guided travel across the world with the enchantment of a Disney cruise, you will have a selection of unique onboard activities and premium shore experiences designed to immerse you and your family in the history and sights of your destination.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.