Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8044 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 8044||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 8||Category: 5B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 05/11/13|
Notes: This room is conveniently located by the elevators and stairway. The only setback is the noise of the stairway traffic and the use of the on board interactive detective game, which has a panel placed across from the stairway. When you open your door to enter or leave, you are exposed to those traveling the stairway. There is a lot of room to place your luggage under the bed and plenty of closet and drawer space for your clothing. Perfect space for a family of four. The view at Castaway Cay only offers the disembarkation area, you cannot see the island from this stateroom, but a great view of the port in Cozumel, Mexico.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 8044||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 10/12/08|
Notes: There was enough room for 5 of us, though our 3 kids are small. It was very convenient to the stairs to deck 9 aft so we could grab drinks from the self service set up for morning coffee without seeing too many people first. :) It is port side which is great for sunrises which we enjoyed every morning from the veranda. The only night there was noise was pirate night - and even that was minimal - but we were exhausted and had no problems falling asleep anyway. I noticed when heading to a family members room on deck 6 that deck 8 is in much better condition. Deck 6 doors and walls all looked a bit beat up and worn while deck 8 looked very well taken care of.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 8044||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 07/07/07|
Notes: We spent 11 nights cruising the Mediterranean in this port-side cabin and it was absolutely perfect for us. As you enter, the split-bath is on the right and the closet on the left. The queen bed is on the right. The desk and a large, wide steamer trunk (with 3 shelves) were on the left. The room sleeps five: a couch across from the desk that easily turns into a bed, a bunk that can be lowered from above the couch, and there is also a Murphy (wall) bed - all on the right side of the cabin. If you don't use the Murphy bed, a port-a-crib would fit nicely in that space. We especially enjoyed the veranda (the railing is protected by clear plexi-glass). Everything in the room was in working order and very clean. I'm 99% sure that our "cooler box" was actually a real electrical mini-fridge because we could hear it turn on and off as it cooled, there was a temperature guage, and everything we kept in it stayed very cold. There was very little creaking due to ship movement, unlike what we have experienced in several of our 4 previous Disney cabins. There is, however, quite a bit of noise from deck 9 above - specifically, the ping-pong table. We could also hear the various deck parties loud and clear, as well as muffled audio from the movies on the Dumbotron screen. The noise wasn't too bothersome during the day, but late at night we could clearly hear teenagers running up and down the ship overhead. There are no cabins across the hall from this room, which we initially thought would help keep down hallway noise, however, it turned out to be where our cabin steward parked her service cart in the mornings, so we heard various noises as she cleaned the rooms next to us. She was very sweet, so I'm sure she would have parked the cart in another location if we'd said something, though. Overall, we loved the cabin and were VERY comfortable in it.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.