Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8044 Report
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 8044||Condition: 4|
|Deck: 8||Category: 5B||Location: Forward|
|Sail Date: 05/11/13|
Notes: This room is conveniently located by the elevators and stairway. The only setback is the noise of the stairway traffic and the use of the on board interactive detective game, which has a panel placed across from the stairway. When you open your door to enter or leave, you are exposed to those traveling the stairway. There is a lot of room to place your luggage under the bed and plenty of closet and drawer space for your clothing. Perfect space for a family of four. The view at Castaway Cay only offers the disembarkation area, you cannot see the island from this stateroom, but a great view of the port in Cozumel, Mexico.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 8044||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 10/12/08|
Notes: There was enough room for 5 of us, though our 3 kids are small. It was very convenient to the stairs to deck 9 aft so we could grab drinks from the self service set up for morning coffee without seeing too many people first. :) It is port side which is great for sunrises which we enjoyed every morning from the veranda. The only night there was noise was pirate night - and even that was minimal - but we were exhausted and had no problems falling asleep anyway. I noticed when heading to a family members room on deck 6 that deck 8 is in much better condition. Deck 6 doors and walls all looked a bit beat up and worn while deck 8 looked very well taken care of.
|Ship: Disney Magic||Stateroom: 8044||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 07/07/07|
Notes: We spent 11 nights cruising the Mediterranean in this port-side cabin and it was absolutely perfect for us. As you enter, the split-bath is on the right and the closet on the left. The queen bed is on the right. The desk and a large, wide steamer trunk (with 3 shelves) were on the left. The room sleeps five: a couch across from the desk that easily turns into a bed, a bunk that can be lowered from above the couch, and there is also a Murphy (wall) bed - all on the right side of the cabin. If you don't use the Murphy bed, a port-a-crib would fit nicely in that space. We especially enjoyed the veranda (the railing is protected by clear plexi-glass). Everything in the room was in working order and very clean. I'm 99% sure that our "cooler box" was actually a real electrical mini-fridge because we could hear it turn on and off as it cooled, there was a temperature guage, and everything we kept in it stayed very cold. There was very little creaking due to ship movement, unlike what we have experienced in several of our 4 previous Disney cabins. There is, however, quite a bit of noise from deck 9 above - specifically, the ping-pong table. We could also hear the various deck parties loud and clear, as well as muffled audio from the movies on the Dumbotron screen. The noise wasn't too bothersome during the day, but late at night we could clearly hear teenagers running up and down the ship overhead. There are no cabins across the hall from this room, which we initially thought would help keep down hallway noise, however, it turned out to be where our cabin steward parked her service cart in the mornings, so we heard various noises as she cleaned the rooms next to us. She was very sweet, so I'm sure she would have parked the cart in another location if we'd said something, though. Overall, we loved the cabin and were VERY comfortable in it.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.