Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8050 Report
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 8050||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 5D||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 04/11/13|
Notes: We had three staterooms all next to each other and together for our family (thanks CVP!) and we could open up the verandas all together and visit. I have never seen two separate bath areas on a cruise before, what a great idea! I have also never seen a tub on a cruise. (Other lines are famous for comedians joking about soaping the shower walls and spinning around, that's how small the showers are.) There were two sinks and vanities, and that was a big plus since my sister stayed in with us. The privacy curtain was also ideal. The convertible beds weren't great. I don't recommend sleeping on the couch convertible if you don't have to. The Pull down bunk was more comfortable. Closet space was good. Storage under the bed was great. We even had our own 'liquor cabinet' with a ice bucket. That is a first for us (because DCL doesn't take your stuff if you are over 21 and know how to behave! Unlike other lines...) The down comforter was odd. It felt cold and then sweaty hot at the same time. I'm sure others liked it though. Without a doubt, the best stateroom I have ever stayed in.
|Ship: Disney Wonder||Stateroom: 8050||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 4||Location: Mid|
|Sail Date: 11/18/09|
Notes: The room was located mid-ship in the middle of the hallway. We heard no noise in the hallway. Once or twice you could hear a deck chair being moved on Deck 9, but that was all. Very convenient to the mid-ship elevators and stairs up to Deck 9. The room had plenty of storage space, the closet had lots of hangers, a standing steamer truck with shelves, several drawers and three small shelves in one section of the split bath. Suitcases fit easily under the bed or standing in the closet. There were five of us in the room. If wall bed was open, had to climb over it to get out to the verandah at night and in the morning. The person in that bed was an early riser, so we closed it up first thing each day. View was of the port at Castaway Cay and the port at Nassau. The verandah was larger than I expected and we loved having our room service delivered coffee out there every morning. On our last night, we saw a pod of dolphins swimming along side the ship! My kids loved the flat screen t.v. that swiveled. Safe was an easy 4 punch code safe, similar to Disney World resort safes. Plenty of hot water in the shower in the a.m. and p.m. Housekeeping supplied plenty of fresh towels each day. Towel animals and chocolates every night at turn down. Beverage cooler kept bottles of soda just cold enough. Would happily book this room again.
- Bookings for Royal Caribbean's new Quantam of the Seas open June 4! - Royal Caribbean introduces its newest, most innovative ship yet. Bookings for Crown and Anchor Members begin May 27th and general bookings begin June 4!
- Military discount on Panama Canal cruise - Members of the U.S. military can save on a 14-night Panama Canal Disney Cruise.
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Onboard credit and half-off deposit for Disney Cruise Line extended - Select 7-night cruises sailing out of Galveston are eligible for an extra onboard credit and a half-off deposit offer.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates! - Deep discounts offered for Disney cruises for a variety of sail dates and destinations.
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
An 11-year-old girl was allegedly molested while onboard the Disney Dream in August.
- Enhancements coming to Disney Cruise Line's Magic ship
A complete remodel of the Disney Magic will take place this fall.
- Carnival Ecstasy loses power at sea; Carnival Corp announces enhancements to emergency power systems
After another ship experiences a brief power loss, Carnival Corp. will implement a new program enhancing emergency power capabilities.
- Carnival Triumph breaks loose and sustains more damage
The Carnival Triumph has been docked for repairs and broke loose today, causing damage to the ship's stern.
- Child nearly drowns in pool on Disney Fantasy
Earlier this afternoon, a 4-year-old boy was found "in distress" in the family pool on the Disney Fantasy.