Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8172 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 8172||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 8C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/18/12|
Notes: This cabin was awesome! We also had the adjoining 8172. This cabin slept 5 - queen bed, convertible sofa to twin, murphy bed (twin) and upper pull down berth (twin). Window was great and huge! Plenty of room here. Love the curtain that separated the sleeping quarters. Tons of storage. We had 3 adults and 2 kids between the two rooms (8174 slept 4 - no upper berth). Felt like a huge suite. Even though it was aft, it was close to the elevators, not far from the laundry and very quiet. No running kids around us. Couldn't hear anyone outside the room. Never had to wait long for the elevators. Very convenient to Cabanas on deck 11. Kids slept late so I'd go up and bring food to the room (more variety than room service). I had to write because there are no reviews anywhere about this cabin and I was happy to see it slept 5 (though we never needed it to). Hair dryer works great AS LONG AS you plug in the correct outlet at the desk (mirror in front of it). There are two plugs - if you put in wrong one, it doesn't have much power. Other is terrific. Don't bring your shampoo/conditioner. There products are amazing. Better than WDW H20 products. This was spa line. You can buy it on the ship in the gift shop.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.