Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8172 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 8172||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 8C||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/18/12|
Notes: This cabin was awesome! We also had the adjoining 8172. This cabin slept 5 - queen bed, convertible sofa to twin, murphy bed (twin) and upper pull down berth (twin). Window was great and huge! Plenty of room here. Love the curtain that separated the sleeping quarters. Tons of storage. We had 3 adults and 2 kids between the two rooms (8174 slept 4 - no upper berth). Felt like a huge suite. Even though it was aft, it was close to the elevators, not far from the laundry and very quiet. No running kids around us. Couldn't hear anyone outside the room. Never had to wait long for the elevators. Very convenient to Cabanas on deck 11. Kids slept late so I'd go up and bring food to the room (more variety than room service). I had to write because there are no reviews anywhere about this cabin and I was happy to see it slept 5 (though we never needed it to). Hair dryer works great AS LONG AS you plug in the correct outlet at the desk (mirror in front of it). There are two plugs - if you put in wrong one, it doesn't have much power. Other is terrific. Don't bring your shampoo/conditioner. There products are amazing. Better than WDW H20 products. This was spa line. You can buy it on the ship in the gift shop.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.