Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8660 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 8660||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 5B||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/09/12|
Notes: Great room. Very quiet. No issues with engine vibrations. Everything was in tip top shape, of course, since the ship is so new.
The room is one door away from the entrance to the aft stair/elevator landing so it has privacy from the landing (8662 opens directly to that entrance). Even so, there is no mid-ship detective agency stop in the deck 8 aft landing, hence no continuous crowd/noise from that game.
8660 has a connecting door to 8658, though not in use for our booking since we didn't know our neighbors. No noise issues with that connecting door.
This location has really great access to Cabanas for that morning breakfast run to bring back to the verandah. Very close to Palo, Oceaneer's Lab/Club, Goofy's Sports Deck & mini-golf, the Arr-cade, Animator's Palate, and the adult district (The Tube, etc).
Fantastic view of Castaway Cay in port!
A little hike to the mid-ship stairs/elevator (which are more forward than the middle of the ship). Also a hike to all the Forward locales - the theaters, the spa, Cove Cafe, and the adult pool. But these are not really a problem unless you are in a hurry to get between these areas (like to go back for something you forgot in your room).
We would book this room again!
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.