Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 8660 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 8660||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 8||Category: 5B||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 06/09/12|
Notes: Great room. Very quiet. No issues with engine vibrations. Everything was in tip top shape, of course, since the ship is so new.
The room is one door away from the entrance to the aft stair/elevator landing so it has privacy from the landing (8662 opens directly to that entrance). Even so, there is no mid-ship detective agency stop in the deck 8 aft landing, hence no continuous crowd/noise from that game.
8660 has a connecting door to 8658, though not in use for our booking since we didn't know our neighbors. No noise issues with that connecting door.
This location has really great access to Cabanas for that morning breakfast run to bring back to the verandah. Very close to Palo, Oceaneer's Lab/Club, Goofy's Sports Deck & mini-golf, the Arr-cade, Animator's Palate, and the adult district (The Tube, etc).
Fantastic view of Castaway Cay in port!
A little hike to the mid-ship stairs/elevator (which are more forward than the middle of the ship). Also a hike to all the Forward locales - the theaters, the spa, Cove Cafe, and the adult pool. But these are not really a problem unless you are in a hurry to get between these areas (like to go back for something you forgot in your room).
We would book this room again!
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.