Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 9170 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 9||Category: 5A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/03/13|
Notes: It was a wonderful room. Very large for a cruise cabin with a very large verandah wich wrapped around the back left of the ship. The verandah is much larger than the regular verandah rooms and being at the rear of the ship allowed for great views of every port as well as sunrises/sunsets. The ship backed in to port at Castaway Cay, which gave us a front row seat viewing of the island. It was also very nice to view Cuba from our verandah as we passed by. The only down side to being at the rear of the boat is that soot tends to accumulate on the verandah from the smokestacks when the boat is moving. The room steward was wonderful and, being aware of this, went out of his way to sweep our verandah during the cruise. There was not much foot traffic in this area so it was a fairly quiet room.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 9||Category: 6||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/23/11|
Notes: Handicap accessible room. Huge room, huge balcony. Aft port corner wrap around balcony. Balcony door opens out (rather than sliding) so hard to leave open for ventilation. Very loud banging noise til about 2 am but could never figure out where the noise was coming from. staterooms above and below. No split bath, shower w/ no tub. No curtain room divider. sleeps 4 with pull down bed from ceiling over sofa.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 9||Category: 6A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 03/03/11|
Notes: Noisy when boat was backing in to port, otherwise it was peaceful. Handicap accessible so plenty of room if it gets assigned to you. Huge veranda due to it being an aft corner room.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Discounts available on several 4-night sailings for Florida residents and U.S. Military - Florida residents and members of the U.S. Military are eligible for several discounted sailings.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 3
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Discounted rates offered by Disney Cruise Line - Once every month, Disney Cruise Line releases a list of discounted sailings. These rates are only available for a short time.
- Members of the U.S. Military can sail for as little as $120 per night - Disney Cruise Line offers new military discounts weekly.
- Disney Cruise Line pricing for Florida residents released - Florida residents can save when booking a variety of sailings on Disney Cruise Line.
- Several Florida resident discounts available for 3-night Bahamian cruises - Prices start at $160 per night, per person.
- June 2 Alaska cruise added to Canadian resident 20% off discount - Discount is valid for the 5/24/14 9-night and the 6/2/14 7-night Alaska sailing out of Vancouver, Canada.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part I
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
A Disney Cruise Line crew member has been terminated for the alleged molestation of a 13-year-old girl onboard the Disney Dream.
- Parents of missing crew member sue Disney Cruise Line
Rebecca Coriam went missing at sea in 2011.
- Norway among Disney Cruise Line's new 2015 destinations
Disney Cruise Line will be sailing to several new ports in summer 2015.
- Car-rental complex to be built at Port Canaveral
The $2 million complex will hold three car-rental agencies.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.