Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 9170 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 9||Category: 5A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/03/13|
Notes: It was a wonderful room. Very large for a cruise cabin with a very large verandah wich wrapped around the back left of the ship. The verandah is much larger than the regular verandah rooms and being at the rear of the ship allowed for great views of every port as well as sunrises/sunsets. The ship backed in to port at Castaway Cay, which gave us a front row seat viewing of the island. It was also very nice to view Cuba from our verandah as we passed by. The only down side to being at the rear of the boat is that soot tends to accumulate on the verandah from the smokestacks when the boat is moving. The room steward was wonderful and, being aware of this, went out of his way to sweep our verandah during the cruise. There was not much foot traffic in this area so it was a fairly quiet room.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 9||Category: 6||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/23/11|
Notes: Handicap accessible room. Huge room, huge balcony. Aft port corner wrap around balcony. Balcony door opens out (rather than sliding) so hard to leave open for ventilation. Very loud banging noise til about 2 am but could never figure out where the noise was coming from. staterooms above and below. No split bath, shower w/ no tub. No curtain room divider. sleeps 4 with pull down bed from ceiling over sofa.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 9||Category: 6A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 03/03/11|
Notes: Noisy when boat was backing in to port, otherwise it was peaceful. Handicap accessible so plenty of room if it gets assigned to you. Huge veranda due to it being an aft corner room.
- Disney Cruise Line offers discounted rates - These rates come out once a month and must be booked before the deadline.
- Disney Cruise Line changes policy on power strips and extension cords in staterooms - These items are no longer allowed to be brought on board, but may be borrowed from Guest Services.
- Disney Cruise Line adds military discount - There is a newly added discount for the 4-night Bahamian sailing on 3/10/14.
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
Disney Cruise Line received 13 first-place awards.
- Disney Cruise Line tops Conde Nast 2014 Readers Poll
Disney Cruise Line takes 4 of the top 5 spots.
- Disney Cruise Line to dock in the British Virgin Islands in 2015
Disney Cruise Line signed a berthing agreement with the British Virgin Islands.
- Disney Magic makes u-turn back to Miami
On Friday, November 8, the Disney Magic returned to Port Miami to pick up "critical technical supplies."
- Lifeguards now stationed at family pools on Disney Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line becomes the first major cruise line to have lifeguards at their family pools.