Disney Cruise Line - Stateroom 9170 Report*Please Note - The information contained in these stateroom reports represent the opinion of the author, and not necessarily the opinion of the DIS.
|Ship: Disney Fantasy||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 9||Category: 5A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 08/03/13|
Notes: It was a wonderful room. Very large for a cruise cabin with a very large verandah wich wrapped around the back left of the ship. The verandah is much larger than the regular verandah rooms and being at the rear of the ship allowed for great views of every port as well as sunrises/sunsets. The ship backed in to port at Castaway Cay, which gave us a front row seat viewing of the island. It was also very nice to view Cuba from our verandah as we passed by. The only down side to being at the rear of the boat is that soot tends to accumulate on the verandah from the smokestacks when the boat is moving. The room steward was wonderful and, being aware of this, went out of his way to sweep our verandah during the cruise. There was not much foot traffic in this area so it was a fairly quiet room.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 3|
|Deck: 9||Category: 6||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 11/23/11|
Notes: Handicap accessible room. Huge room, huge balcony. Aft port corner wrap around balcony. Balcony door opens out (rather than sliding) so hard to leave open for ventilation. Very loud banging noise til about 2 am but could never figure out where the noise was coming from. staterooms above and below. No split bath, shower w/ no tub. No curtain room divider. sleeps 4 with pull down bed from ceiling over sofa.
|Ship: Disney Dream||Stateroom: 9170||Condition: 5|
|Deck: 9||Category: 6A||Location: Aft|
|Sail Date: 03/03/11|
Notes: Noisy when boat was backing in to port, otherwise it was peaceful. Handicap accessible so plenty of room if it gets assigned to you. Huge veranda due to it being an aft corner room.
- Great military rates available on Disney Cruise Line - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail to the Southern Caribbean for just $120/night! - Other discounted cruises are available as well.
- DVC members can sail on Disney Cruise Line for $119/night - DVC members can save 30% on Deluxe Oceanview staterooms on select 7-night Caribbean cruises on the Disney Magic!
- Disney Cruise Line discounts for the U.S. Military - Disney Cruise Line's Military discounts are available for all branches of active and retired members (or spouse) of the Military.
- Florida residents can sail for as low as $135 per night - New Florida Resident discounts are released weekly.
- Changes to minimum age to cruise on Disney Cruise Line - Effective for 2015 sailings, the minimum age to cruise is now 6 months old. Previously, the minimum age was 12 weeks.
- Disney Cruise Line releases photo of Halloween Pumpkin Tree onboard ships - Each of the four ships will have a different version of The Pumpkin Tree.
- Florida residents can save on Disney Cruise Line - Discounts are available on a variety of sailings.
- Disney Cruise Line discounts available for members of the U.S. military - Rates start at $130 per night per person.
- Disney Cruise Line and Aulani honored by Travel + Leisure
Results are part of the World's Best Awards 2014.
- Disney Cruise Line releases remainder of 2015 schedule
Sail dates for the remainder of 2015 have been announced.
- Disney Wonder to return to Hawaii in 2015?
Itineraries aren't released yet, but a suspicious entry on the Hawaii port calendars is fueling the rumors.
- runDisney announces Inaugural Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Runners must complete an event at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, as well as the Castaway 5K.
- Fourth Oasis-class ship planned for Royal Caribbean
The new ship will set sail in 2018.