Jiko - The Cooking Place
|Location:||Animal Kingdom Lodge / Near Resort pool area|
|Disney Dining Plan:||YES (Signature Restaurant Credit)|
|Tables in Wonderland:||YES|
|DISboards.com:||Discuss Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Photo Gallery||Photos of Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Reviews||Reviews of Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Menu:||Jiko - The Cooking Place Menu|
Menu is subject to change.
"Braai-Style Wahoo and Pork Belly
- arugula, mache, grisse, fire-roasted
Zellwood corn and almond crisps
Artisanal Cheese Selection - Five tasting portions with accompaniments from around the world - $15.00
Crispy Beef - With cucumber Raita, green mango atjar and honey roasted groundnuts - $9.00
Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin (Picture)
- With Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle oil and micro Cilantro - $16.00
Inguday Tibs in Brik - Mushroom, spinach and cheese in crispy Tunisian Filo with curry Vinaigrette and apple - $10.00
KG's Peri Peri roasted chicken Flatbread - Lime Chakalaka, Lamb chopper cheese and Pickled Sweet Bell Pepper - $10.00
Roasted Kuri squash and Kalamata Olive Flat Bread - Cipollini onions, goat cheese and pumpkin seed duggs - $10.00
Taste of Africa - Trio of dips with assorted breads and house made Naan - $9.00
Za'atar-rubbed Lamb - cranberry pear chutney, Point Reyes Blue Cheese - $12.99
Dry Cured Ahi Tuna Biltong
- Pickled Hearts of Palm Salad, chrispy Pappadam ands Smoked Mackerel Aioli
Jiko Salad - with summer Peaches, crispy plantain, hazelnut praline, honeyed chevre and blood orange vinaigrette - $12.00
North African Beetroot Salad - toasted sunflower seeds, lamb merguez, and herb buttermilk dressing - $14.00
Spiced Autumn Squash Soup - Fig Crouton and Chestnut butter - $10.00
Chermoula-roasted Nigerian Prawns
- English pea Nage and saffron rice with
orange and olive salad
Curry-rubbed Lamb Loin - cauliflower puree, eggplant-artichoke Zaalouk and olive-walnut tapenade - $37.00
Guinea Hen (Picture)
- "Doro Wot" braised leg and Berbere roasted breast, sweet potato, wilted greens and ancho jus - $34.00
Oak grilled Filet Mignon - Ancient grain pilaf, Heirloom pole beans, South African Red Wine Sauce - $44.00
Pan-seared Yellowtail Snapper - tea-smoked lentils, South African lobster, and citrus-curry beurre blan - $43.00
Seared Barbarie Duck Breast - potato and spinach masala, Royal trumpet mushrooms, and port emulsion - $39.00
West African Braised Beef Short Rib (Picture)
- peanuts, roasted vegetables and spicy tomato demi-glace - $41.00
Amarula Creme Brulee
- With spiced chocolate layered bottom and white chocolate, cranberry and pistachio biscotti
Coconut bread pudding - Warm bread pudding with caramel rum sauce, toasted coconut and caramel ice cream - $9.00
Madagascar Cheesecake - Creamy Madagascar vanilla cheesecake layered with Blueberry and lemon cream with blueberry compote, sour cream and graham cookie - $9.00
One last cup - Tanzanian chocolate and kenya coffee mousse with cinnamon mascarpone nutty chocolates and hot chocolate - $10.00
Warm peach torte - Almond Frangipane, plum coulis and cream cheese ice cream - $10.00
After Dinner Drinks
- Choose from Chocolate Covered Cherry, Zebratini, Keoke Coffee, Cape Town Coffee, or Nutty African. Priced $8.50 to $9.50
Jiko Specialty Cocktails - Choose from the Apula-tini, Hangin' Out in Cape Town, and the Mount Kilimarita. Priced $7.00 - $10.00
Jiko Tea Selection - Choose from Green, Chai, and African Black Tea. - $6.00
Selection of Red Wines - Choose from Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Pinotage, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Various Blends of red wine, and other great reds that are extremely versatile when pairing with food. There are 44 different red wines to choose from, prices vary with each bottle or glass.
Selection of South African Dessert Wines - There are five different dessert wines to choose from, prices vary with each bottle or glass.
Selection of White Wines - Choose from Cap Classic South African sparkling wine, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and other great white wines that are extremely versatile when pairing with food. There are 33 different wines to choose from, prices vary for each bottle or glass.
Carrot & Celery Sticks - Served with peanut butter. - $3.00
Fruit Salad - Mixed fruit salad. - $3.00
Jiko Puzzle - Served with an ice-cream sundae - $8.00
Vanilla Ice Cream - Kid's Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. - $4.00
If you have menu discrepancies or corrections, please email@example.com
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
- Disney and Lucasfilm announce new animated Star Wars series
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix