|Location:||Contemporary / Top Floor|
|Disney Dining Plan:||YES (Signature Restaurant Credit)|
|Tables in Wonderland:||YES|
|DISboards.com:||Discuss California Grill|
|Photo Gallery||Photos of California Grill|
|Reviews||Reviews of California Grill|
|Menu:||California Grill Menu|
Known for its stellar wine list, the restaurant now boasts about 250 wine selections, 80 by the glass, an expanded sake list, eight kinds of craft beers and ciders and signature cocktails created by staff mixologists. A new wine display can be seen from the first moment guests get off the elevator, housing 1,600 bottles in a climate-controlled showcase.
There is an observation deck where restaurant patrons can enjoy the nightly fireworks.
Part of the dining experience is the onstage kitchen where you can watch the talented staff prepare the meals. A new wood-burning oven has been added in the redesign. The creative menu is based on the freshest seasonal ingredients and changes frequently.
California Wines are featured and 20 sommeliers are on hand to help with your selections. There's a lounge and full service bar available.
Menu is subject to change.
Baked Local Prawns
- Charred Lemon, Blistered Baby Tomato and Cippolini Onion Relish, Watercress
Duck in all its Glory
- House-made Sausage, Rillettes, Prosciutto, Duck Liver Pâté, Cranberry Compote - $17.00
Oven-dried Tomato Flatbread
- Beefsteak Tomatoes, Mozzarella di Bufala, Aged Balsamic - $13.00
Pork Pâte Flatbread - Roasted Garlic, Mascarpone Cheese, Royal Trumpet Mushroom Chips - $14.00
Roasted "Surf & Turf" - New Smyrna Clams, Saffron-infused Fennel and Chorizo Butter, Bone Marrow - $16.00
Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli - Tomato-Fennel Broth, crispy Mushrooms, Tiny Basil, Benziger Estate Olive Oil - $14.00
Three-Meat Signature Meatballs
- Picholene Olives, Herbed Orzo, Chimichurri, Lavender Mint - $15.00
- Roasted Garlic Dressing, Boquerones, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Brioche Croutons
Carrot and Cilantro Soup
- Spiced Paprika Oil, Lime-blackened Halibut, Citrus- Coriander Bloom - $12.00
Crispy Rock Shrimp Salad - Baby Greens, Asian Pear, Red Onions, Soy Reduction, Wasabi Cream - $17.00
Farmers Salad - Season's Peak Vegetables, Soft-poached Organic Egg, Honey-Sherry Vinaigrette - $16.00
Heirloom Tomatoes - Daily Variety with Grilled Bread, Baby Basil, ricotta, Blistered Shisito Vinaigrette - $17.00
24-Hour Short Rib Filet
- Caramelized Root Vegetables, Olive Oil Potato Puree, Red Wine Butter - $49.00
Bell & Evans Chicken - Teriyaki Barbecue Glaze, Truffle Macaroni & Cheese, Glazed Vegetables, Chicken Sausage - $35.00
California Combination Roll
- Jumbo Lump Crab, Avocado, Cucumber, Shrimp Tempura - $24.00
- Spicy and Tataki Tuna, Shrimp Tempura, Bell Pepper, Avocado, Chili-Soy Glaze - $29.00
Georges Bank Scallops
- Homemade Potato Gnocchi, Smoked Pork, Grilled Onions, Rapini, Parmesan Foam - $43.00
Oak-fired Filet of Beef - Heirloom Tomato Risotto, Marinted Baby Vine Tomatoes, Basil, Tomato Butter - $49.00
- Parsnip Silk, Roasted Heirloom Beets, Arugula, Macadamia Vinaigrette, Beet Syrup - $42.00
Pork Belly Nigri
- House-cured Pork, Bacon and Yuzu Rice, Spicy Teriyaki - $22.00
Pork Two Ways - Grilled Tenderloin, Goat Cheese Polenta, Mushrooms, Lacquered Belly, Applesauce - $37.00
Roasted Squash Ravioli
- Root Spinach, Salsify, Petite Herb Salad, Sage Brown Butter, 15 year Balsamic - $32.00
Spicy Kazan Roll
- Crab, Shrimp, Scallops, Tuna, Fireball Sauce - $26.00
Tuna Four Ways
- Poke, Tartare, Maki, Nigiri - $26.00
Wild Columbia River Salmon
- Zellwood Sweet Corn Pudding, crispy Salmon Cakes, spiced Saffron Broth - $42.00
- Yellowfin Tuna, Salmon, Hamachi, Snapper, Wasabi Oil - $24.00
Chef's Selection Cheese Board
- Selection of Five unique Cheeses with Accompaniments
Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Cake with Nutella Filling, Meringue Kisses, and Mint Chantilly - $13.00
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Meyer Lemon-Mascarpone Cheesecake, Ctirus Cookie, and Charred Meringue Clouds - $12.00
Seasonal Tasting - Heirloom Apple - Apple Cupcake with Cream Cheese and Streusel, Warm-spiced Cider, Peanut Butter Caramel Apple, and Apple Cheddar Turnover with Compote and Caradom Glaze - $12.00
- Unique and playful Sundaes with a nostalgic twist: Caramel Corn, Coke® Float, and Strawberry and Basil - $12.00
Warm Homemade Fritters
- Banana-stuffed, Cinnamon-dusted Fritters with Toasted Caramel Marshmallows complemented with a Trio of Dipping Sauces - $12.00
Baby Iceberg Wedge Salad - with curled Carrots, Baby Tomatoes, and Fat-free Ranch Dressing - $5.00
Grilled Seasonal Vegetable Lettuce Wraps - with Hummus Dip - $5.00
Mickey Check Meals: Grilled Beef Tenderloin - Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Baby Carrots, crushed Sweet Potatoes and Ketchup Sauce, and Seasonal Fruit Kabobs with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip. Choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small Dasani® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitution - $18.00
Mickey Check Meals: Grilled Chicken Breast - Citrus-glazed Grilled Chicken Breast with Baby Steamed Carrots, crushed Sweet Potatoes, and Sesaonal Fruit Kabobs with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip. Choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small Dasani® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guildelines for Complete Meals without substitution - $15.00
Mickey Check Meals: Pasta - Whole-Grain Macaroni Pasta with Oven-fired Tomato Sauce served with Seasonal Fruit Kabobs with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip. Choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small Dasani® Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guildelines for Complete Meals without substitution - $14.00
Provolone and Fresh Tomato Pizza - served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small Dasani® Water, or Small Minute Maid® Apple Juice - $9.00
California Grill Signature Puffed Rice Sushi - . - $6.00
Cookies and Cream - Fresh-baked Petite Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla and Chocolate Pop Rocks Ice Cream - $6.00
Seasonal Fruit Kabobs - with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip - $5.00
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions