Jiko - The Cooking Place
|Location:||Animal Kingdom Lodge / Near Resort pool area|
|Disney Dining Plan:||YES (Signature Restaurant Credit)|
|Tables in Wonderland:||YES|
|DISboards.com:||Discuss Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Photo Gallery||Photos of Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Reviews||Reviews of Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Menu:||Jiko - The Cooking Place Menu|
Menu is subject to change.
"Braai-Style Wahoo and Pork Belly
- arugula, mache, grisse, fire-roasted
Zellwood corn and almond crisps
Artisanal Cheese Selection - Five tasting portions with accompaniments from around the world - $15.00
Crispy Beef - With cucumber Raita, green mango atjar and honey roasted groundnuts - $9.00
Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin
- With Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle oil and micro Cilantro - $16.00
Inguday Tibs in Brik - Mushroom, spinach and cheese in crispy Tunisian Filo with curry Vinaigrette and apple - $10.00
KG's Peri Peri roasted chicken Flatbread - Lime Chakalaka, Lamb chopper cheese and Pickled Sweet Bell Pepper - $10.00
Roasted Kuri squash and Kalamata Olive Flat Bread - Cipollini onions, goat cheese and pumpkin seed duggs - $10.00
Taste of Africa - Trio of dips with assorted breads and house made Naan - $9.00
Za'atar-rubbed Lamb - cranberry pear chutney, Point Reyes Blue Cheese - $12.00
Dry Cured Ahi Tuna Biltong
- Pickled Hearts of Palm Salad, chrispy Pappadam ands Smoked Mackerel Aioli
Jiko Salad - with summer Peaches, crispy plantain, hazelnut praline, honeyed chevre and blood orange vinaigrette - $12.00
North African Beetroot Salad - toasted sunflower seeds, lamb merguez, and herb buttermilk dressing - $14.00
Spiced Autumn Squash Soup - Fig Crouton and Chestnut butter - $10.00
Chermoula-roasted Nigerian Prawns
- English pea Nage and saffron rice with
orange and olive salad
Curry-rubbed Lamb Loin - cauliflower puree, eggplant-artichoke Zaalouk and olive-walnut tapenade - $37.00
- "Doro Wot" braised leg and Berbere roasted breast, sweet potato, wilted greens and ancho jus - $34.00
Oak grilled Filet Mignon - Ancient grain pilaf, Heirloom pole beans, South African Red Wine Sauce - $44.00
Pan-seared Yellowtail Snapper - tea-smoked lentils, South African lobster, and citrus-curry beurre blan - $43.00
Seared Barbarie Duck Breast - potato and spinach masala, Royal trumpet mushrooms, and port emulsion - $39.00
West African Braised Beef Short Rib
- peanuts, roasted vegetables and spicy tomato demi-glace - $41.00
Amarula Creme Brulee
- With spiced chocolate layered bottom and white chocolate, cranberry and pistachio biscotti
Coconut bread pudding - Warm bread pudding with caramel rum sauce, toasted coconut and caramel ice cream - $9.00
Madagascar Cheesecake - Creamy Madagascar vanilla cheesecake layered with Blueberry and lemon cream with blueberry compote, sour cream and graham cookie - $9.00
One last cup - Tanzanian chocolate and kenya coffee mousse with cinnamon mascarpone nutty chocolates and hot chocolate - $10.00
Warm peach torte - Almond Frangipane, plum coulis and cream cheese ice cream - $10.00
After Dinner Drinks
- Choose from Chocolate Covered Cherry, Zebratini, Keoke Coffee, Cape Town Coffee, or Nutty African. Priced $8.50 to $9.50
Jiko Specialty Cocktails - Choose from the Apula-tini, Hangin' Out in Cape Town, and the Mount Kilimarita. Priced $7.00 - $10.00
Jiko Tea Selection - Choose from Green, Chai, and African Black Tea. - $6.00
Selection of Red Wines - Choose from Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Pinotage, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Various Blends of red wine, and other great reds that are extremely versatile when pairing with food. There are 44 different red wines to choose from, prices vary with each bottle or glass.
Selection of South African Dessert Wines - There are five different dessert wines to choose from, prices vary with each bottle or glass.
Selection of White Wines - Choose from Cap Classic South African sparkling wine, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and other great white wines that are extremely versatile when pairing with food. There are 33 different wines to choose from, prices vary for each bottle or glass.
Carrot & Celery Sticks - Served with peanut butter. - $3.00
Fruit Salad - Mixed fruit salad. - $3.00
Jiko Puzzle - Served with an ice-cream sundae - $8.00
Vanilla Ice Cream - Kid's Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. - $4.00
If you have menu discrepancies or corrections, please email@example.com
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando