Jiko - The Cooking Place
|Location:||Animal Kingdom Lodge / Near Resort pool area|
|Disney Dining Plan:||YES (Signature Restaurant Credit)|
|Tables in Wonderland:||YES|
|DISboards.com:||Discuss Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Photo Gallery||Photos of Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Reviews||Reviews of Jiko - The Cooking Place|
|Menu:||Jiko - The Cooking Place Menu|
Menu is subject to change.
"Braai-Style Wahoo and Pork Belly
- arugula, mache, grisse, fire-roasted
Zellwood corn and almond crisps
Artisanal Cheese Selection - Five tasting portions with accompaniments from around the world - $15.00
Crispy Beef - With cucumber Raita, green mango atjar and honey roasted groundnuts - $9.00
Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin
- With Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle oil and micro Cilantro - $16.00
Inguday Tibs in Brik - Mushroom, spinach and cheese in crispy Tunisian Filo with curry Vinaigrette and apple - $10.00
KG's Peri Peri roasted chicken Flatbread - Lime Chakalaka, Lamb chopper cheese and Pickled Sweet Bell Pepper - $10.00
Roasted Kuri squash and Kalamata Olive Flat Bread - Cipollini onions, goat cheese and pumpkin seed duggs - $10.00
Taste of Africa - Trio of dips with assorted breads and house made Naan - $9.00
Za'atar-rubbed Lamb - cranberry pear chutney, Point Reyes Blue Cheese - $12.00
Dry Cured Ahi Tuna Biltong
- Pickled Hearts of Palm Salad, chrispy Pappadam ands Smoked Mackerel Aioli
Jiko Salad - with summer Peaches, crispy plantain, hazelnut praline, honeyed chevre and blood orange vinaigrette - $12.00
North African Beetroot Salad - toasted sunflower seeds, lamb merguez, and herb buttermilk dressing - $14.00
Spiced Autumn Squash Soup - Fig Crouton and Chestnut butter - $10.00
Chermoula-roasted Nigerian Prawns
- English pea Nage and saffron rice with
orange and olive salad
Curry-rubbed Lamb Loin - cauliflower puree, eggplant-artichoke Zaalouk and olive-walnut tapenade - $37.00
- "Doro Wot" braised leg and Berbere roasted breast, sweet potato, wilted greens and ancho jus - $34.00
Oak grilled Filet Mignon - Ancient grain pilaf, Heirloom pole beans, South African Red Wine Sauce - $44.00
Pan-seared Yellowtail Snapper - tea-smoked lentils, South African lobster, and citrus-curry beurre blan - $43.00
Seared Barbarie Duck Breast - potato and spinach masala, Royal trumpet mushrooms, and port emulsion - $39.00
West African Braised Beef Short Rib
- peanuts, roasted vegetables and spicy tomato demi-glace - $41.00
Amarula Creme Brulee
- With spiced chocolate layered bottom and white chocolate, cranberry and pistachio biscotti
Coconut bread pudding - Warm bread pudding with caramel rum sauce, toasted coconut and caramel ice cream - $9.00
Madagascar Cheesecake - Creamy Madagascar vanilla cheesecake layered with Blueberry and lemon cream with blueberry compote, sour cream and graham cookie - $9.00
One last cup - Tanzanian chocolate and kenya coffee mousse with cinnamon mascarpone nutty chocolates and hot chocolate - $10.00
Warm peach torte - Almond Frangipane, plum coulis and cream cheese ice cream - $10.00
After Dinner Drinks
- Choose from Chocolate Covered Cherry, Zebratini, Keoke Coffee, Cape Town Coffee, or Nutty African. Priced $8.50 to $9.50
Jiko Specialty Cocktails - Choose from the Apula-tini, Hangin' Out in Cape Town, and the Mount Kilimarita. Priced $7.00 - $10.00
Jiko Tea Selection - Choose from Green, Chai, and African Black Tea. - $6.00
Selection of Red Wines - Choose from Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Pinotage, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Various Blends of red wine, and other great reds that are extremely versatile when pairing with food. There are 44 different red wines to choose from, prices vary with each bottle or glass.
Selection of South African Dessert Wines - There are five different dessert wines to choose from, prices vary with each bottle or glass.
Selection of White Wines - Choose from Cap Classic South African sparkling wine, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and other great white wines that are extremely versatile when pairing with food. There are 33 different wines to choose from, prices vary for each bottle or glass.
Carrot & Celery Sticks - Served with peanut butter. - $3.00
Fruit Salad - Mixed fruit salad. - $3.00
Jiko Puzzle - Served with an ice-cream sundae - $8.00
Vanilla Ice Cream - Kid's Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. - $4.00
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time