Disney World Dining Overview
Disney changed all that. Gone are the days where you have to drive around unfamiliar areas trying to find a place to eat while listening to the kids whine “why did we have to leave?” Virtually any type of cuisine can be found at Disney World. Just take a look at the menus and you'll see what we mean.
Dress code? That’s the best part. The majority of restaurants are casual so go ahead, wear those Mickey shorts and flip flops with pride. You can enjoy crisp white linens and great service without the suit and tie.
At the Magic Kingdom there are several full serve restaurants and tons of counter serve options. You can dine in Cinderella's Castle, or share a plate of pasta a la Lady and the Tramp at Tony's . At the counter serves you can enjoy hearty New England fare, taco salad, rotisserie chicken, fresh salads, noodle bowls, sandwiches and those oversize smoked turkey legs that everyone seems to be nibbling on. (The one thing you can't get at the Magic Kingdom is alcohol.)
Epcot is an epicure’s delight. All of the countries at the World Showcase feature fabulous menus. Watch a belly dancer perform while you're dining at Marrakesh, marvel at the skill of your chef at Teppanyaki's, dine under the evening sky at the San Angel Inn or sing along at the Oktoberfest at Das Biergarten in Germany. There's wonderful Italian cuisine at Tutto Italia and France offers two dining options, the elegant Monsieur Paul and Chefs de France. Satisfy you're craving for Chinese fare at Nine Dragons. Steak lovers should head to Le Cellier while fish and chips are featured at the Rose & Crown.
If you'd rather grab something quick, most of the World Showcase countries have carts or counter serve venues. At the America Pavilion traditional fare is counter serve. Over at Future World there are plenty of food carts as well as counter serve restaurants. For full serve, at the Coral Reef you'll dine on fresh seafood while watching the wall of windows of the Living Seas aquarium.
You can't beat the theming (and food) at the Disney's Hollywood Studios restaurants. You'll be transported back in time to Mom's kitchen at 50's Prime Time. You can almost imagine Elizabeth Taylor dining at the next table at the Hollywood Brown Derby and at the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater you'll park under the stars while watching clips of some of the cheesiest horror movies ever made. At Mama Melrose's you're transported to Little Italy. As at the other theme parks, there are endless choices of counter serve restaurants.
The Animal Kingdom is mostly counter serve, but oh what choices you'll have. There's the Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, delicious rotisserie at Tusker House, Restaurantosaurus and plenty of food carts. If you want full serve, then head to the Rainforest Cafe.
Kids haven't been forgotten. Almost all of the restaurants have kid menus and for the ultimate experience, schedule a Character Meal. From Princesses to Chipmunks to Mickey himself, create a lasting memory for your family when you dine with the “Disney Stars.” The kids will love it (and you.)
Still hungry? All of the Disney Value Resorts have food courts as do the Moderate Resorts with the addition of a full serve restaurant. The Deluxe resorts have it all, full serve, counter serve, lounges etc. When you're staying at a Disney resort, you have the option of adding Disney Dining to your package.
What? A rumbly in your tumbly still? Head to Downtown Disney. Chocoholics will make a beeline to Ghirardelli’s while that sushi craving can be satisfied at Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. There's even Cuban, Italian, Irish, Seafood, or Cajun cuisine to choose from.
There you have it. No matter what you crave, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Disney World. Bon Apetit!
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando