Epcot - Journey Into Imagination With Figment
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Journey Into Imagination With Figment Overview
Opened: March 5, 1983
Ride Length: 11 minutes
The side by side glistening glass pyramids are home to the Imagination Pavilion hosted by Kodak.
This pavilion features "Journey Into Imagination With Figment", "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" and "Imageworks - The Kodak 'What If' Labs".
"Journey Into Imagination With Figment" is one of those often overlooked gems. You board a car and you're on your way through a journey of sight, sound and smell. It's hosted by the lovable Figment (a character created from the saying "figment of your imagination") and Dr. Nigel Channing, portrayed by Eric Idle of Monty Python fame (he also appears in Honey I Shrunk the Audience.)
Much to Dr. Channing's dismay, Figment likes to break all of the rules. There are some zany special effects and the smell sequence is quite a surprise. A finale highlight is the song "One Little Spark" written by the Sherman Brothers, legendary Disney composers.
You'll rarely find much if any line at "Journey Into Imagination With Figment" which makes it a perfect choice when you're looking for something that's quick and easy to do.
At "Imageworks - The Kodak 'What If' Labs" there are plenty of interactive activities to test your imagination. You can send a free photo email of yourself to family/friends, there's a giant digital camera, you can be an orchestra leader, jump on sound activated stepping stones, etc. There are all sorts of fun things for kids of all ages to enjoy.
Imageworks is also a retail center. One of the best souvenirs can be found here. You can have your picture taken with a ton of background choices such as Disney characters, Disney movies or Disney theme park settings.
They're a bit pricey, but if you're looking for a one of a kind souvenir, they have acrylic blocks that can be laser cut with your image inside. If the price tag is a bit much, you can watch as they're created.
Finally, if you'd like a Figment memento, look no further as there's a wide variety of merchandise featuring this adorable character.
Handicapped Accessibility: ?Guests may remain in their wheelchairs/ECVs. Audio descriptions and handheld captioning are available.
- njchris412 - "This is a favorite of mine and I like the way they themed it and tied it in with the Honey I shrunk the audience attraction next door, This is a must see I love it."
- cyberbox2 - "We rode this once, we all enjoyed it but have not been itching to get back. This is a very cute ride that will certainly appeal to the younger audience."
More Journey into Imagination Reviews
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW