Epcot - Wonders of Life
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||SOARIN'|
|Captain EO||Test Track|
|Innoventions||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Shows and Events|
This pavilion was closed January 1, 2007.
Wonders of Life
The Wonders of Life pavilion is a sparkling gold geodesic dome. The 72' DNA molecule out front acts as a landmark for the pavilion.
Accompany a novice brain pilot as he pulls the physiological team together in a 12 year old boy in "Cranium Command". The thrills at the Wonders of Life are provided by the simulator ride, "Body Wars".
In Body Wars, visitors are shrunk to the size of a single cell and taken on a microscopic journey through a body in the Wonders of Life's thrill ride, Body Wars. If the premise sounds familiar, it is because this ride was fashioned after the 1966 sci-fi film, "Fantastic Voyage". As you're seated (and securely buckled) in the 44 seat theatre, you are taken on a rescue mission to retrieve a scientist already in the body studying the effects of a splinter. As various mishaps occur, visitors are taken on a very bumpy simulator ride, in addition to learning about the human immune system. The combination of visual effects and the simulator ride can make even the strongest stomach feel queasy. TIP: Don't go on this ride too soon after eating. This 5 minute ride is popular with all age groups but especially teens and is a major attraction so long lines are the norm. There is a height restriction of 40" in effect here and parents may choose the "switch off" option. There is a warning that visitors who have back or neck problems, and pregnant women should not ride this. Guests using ECVs must be able to transfer to a wheelchair.
TIP: Don't go on this ride too soon after eating. This 5- minute ride is popular with all age groups but especially teens and is a major attraction so long lines are the norm. There is a height restriction of 40" in effect here and parents may choose the "switch off" option. There is a warning that visitors who have back or neck problems, and pregnant women should not ride this. Guests using ECVs must be able to transfer to a wheelchair.
FUN FACT:The pilot of the “aircraft” is played by actor Tim Matheson, and the female scientist who is swimming outside the aircraft at the beginning of the film is played by actress Elizabeth Shue.
HIDDEN MICKEYS:Check the mural above Body Wars.
The Making of Me:
A funny, poignant look at the facts of life is presented in a 14 minute long show at "The Making of Me." This film is a tastefully done introduction to the stages of pregnancy from conception to delivery and is light and humorous. Martin Short stars as a man curious about his "beginnings" and goes back in time to watch his parents meet, date, fall in love, marry, conceive and give birth. While touching, it does include some graphic shots such as an actual delivery. Parents need to decide for themselves whether it will be suitable for younger children. Shown every 15 minutes, the theatre is small so it may appear that there is a long wait. This attraction is wheelchair accessible. Assistive listening devices are available from Guest Services for guests who are hearing impaired. For deaf guests, reflective captioning is available, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance.Cranium Command: In Cranium Command, visitors get to accompany Buzzy, a novice brain pilot as he barely makes it through basic training and is unfortunately assigned to an adolescent boy. The pre-show is an animated film that introduces "General" Knowledge as he trains recruits to be brain pilots. Following the pre-show, you move into a 200 seat theatre where the Audio-Animatronic Buzzy stumbles through his first day on the job working with other organs played by popular actors and comedians. Hans and Franz from Saturday Night Live (Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon) work the heart, Jon Lovitz is the emotional right side of the brain, Charles Grodin the logical left side of the brain, George Wendt the stomach and Bobcat Goldthwait as the adrenal gland. We see the film through the eyes of this 12 year old boy as he meets a cute, new girl at school, defends her against bullies, is sent to the principal's office and then finally, his first kiss! This very popular attraction is entertaining to guests of all ages. The show is 17 minutes long and a new show begins every 18 minutes. Cranium Command is wheelchair accessible. For hearing impaired guests, assistive listening devices are available from Guest Services. Reflective captioning is offered to deaf guests, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance.
- VIDEO: DIS Unplugged - Live From Aulani - 05/21/13 - Follow along with us as we go beyond the parks!
- Blog - 7 in 7: Art of Animation Resort
- VIDEO: Disney Beyond The Parks - Producing the Aulani Live Show - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/beyondtheparks/#hawaii to view the full DIS Unplugged show from Aulani in Hawaii. For the latest updates on our trip to Aulani and Hawaii, visit http://new.livestream.com/TheDIS/aulani Join the DIS Team as we explore Disney beyond the parks, starting with Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- "The Simpsons" area officially announced for Universal Orlando
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
- Disney and Lucasfilm announce new animated Star Wars series
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|6:00 - 6:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW