Epcot - Wonders of Life
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
This pavilion was closed January 1, 2007.
Wonders of Life
The Wonders of Life pavilion is a sparkling gold geodesic dome. The 72' DNA molecule out front acts as a landmark for the pavilion.
Accompany a novice brain pilot as he pulls the physiological team together in a 12 year old boy in "Cranium Command". The thrills at the Wonders of Life are provided by the simulator ride, "Body Wars".
In Body Wars, visitors are shrunk to the size of a single cell and taken on a microscopic journey through a body in the Wonders of Life's thrill ride, Body Wars. If the premise sounds familiar, it is because this ride was fashioned after the 1966 sci-fi film, "Fantastic Voyage". As you're seated (and securely buckled) in the 44 seat theatre, you are taken on a rescue mission to retrieve a scientist already in the body studying the effects of a splinter. As various mishaps occur, visitors are taken on a very bumpy simulator ride, in addition to learning about the human immune system. The combination of visual effects and the simulator ride can make even the strongest stomach feel queasy. TIP: Don't go on this ride too soon after eating. This 5 minute ride is popular with all age groups but especially teens and is a major attraction so long lines are the norm. There is a height restriction of 40" in effect here and parents may choose the "switch off" option. There is a warning that visitors who have back or neck problems, and pregnant women should not ride this. Guests using ECVs must be able to transfer to a wheelchair.
TIP: Don't go on this ride too soon after eating. This 5- minute ride is popular with all age groups but especially teens and is a major attraction so long lines are the norm. There is a height restriction of 40" in effect here and parents may choose the "switch off" option. There is a warning that visitors who have back or neck problems, and pregnant women should not ride this. Guests using ECVs must be able to transfer to a wheelchair.
FUN FACT:The pilot of the “aircraft” is played by actor Tim Matheson, and the female scientist who is swimming outside the aircraft at the beginning of the film is played by actress Elizabeth Shue.
HIDDEN MICKEYS:Check the mural above Body Wars.
The Making of Me:
A funny, poignant look at the facts of life is presented in a 14 minute long show at "The Making of Me." This film is a tastefully done introduction to the stages of pregnancy from conception to delivery and is light and humorous. Martin Short stars as a man curious about his "beginnings" and goes back in time to watch his parents meet, date, fall in love, marry, conceive and give birth. While touching, it does include some graphic shots such as an actual delivery. Parents need to decide for themselves whether it will be suitable for younger children. Shown every 15 minutes, the theatre is small so it may appear that there is a long wait. This attraction is wheelchair accessible. Assistive listening devices are available from Guest Services for guests who are hearing impaired. For deaf guests, reflective captioning is available, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance.Cranium Command: In Cranium Command, visitors get to accompany Buzzy, a novice brain pilot as he barely makes it through basic training and is unfortunately assigned to an adolescent boy. The pre-show is an animated film that introduces "General" Knowledge as he trains recruits to be brain pilots. Following the pre-show, you move into a 200 seat theatre where the Audio-Animatronic Buzzy stumbles through his first day on the job working with other organs played by popular actors and comedians. Hans and Franz from Saturday Night Live (Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon) work the heart, Jon Lovitz is the emotional right side of the brain, Charles Grodin the logical left side of the brain, George Wendt the stomach and Bobcat Goldthwait as the adrenal gland. We see the film through the eyes of this 12 year old boy as he meets a cute, new girl at school, defends her against bullies, is sent to the principal's office and then finally, his first kiss! This very popular attraction is entertaining to guests of all ages. The show is 17 minutes long and a new show begins every 18 minutes. Cranium Command is wheelchair accessible. For hearing impaired guests, assistive listening devices are available from Guest Services. Reflective captioning is offered to deaf guests, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom