Epcot - Wonders of Life
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
This pavilion was closed January 1, 2007.
Wonders of Life
The Wonders of Life pavilion is a sparkling gold geodesic dome. The 72' DNA molecule out front acts as a landmark for the pavilion.
Accompany a novice brain pilot as he pulls the physiological team together in a 12 year old boy in "Cranium Command". The thrills at the Wonders of Life are provided by the simulator ride, "Body Wars".
In Body Wars, visitors are shrunk to the size of a single cell and taken on a microscopic journey through a body in the Wonders of Life's thrill ride, Body Wars. If the premise sounds familiar, it is because this ride was fashioned after the 1966 sci-fi film, "Fantastic Voyage". As you're seated (and securely buckled) in the 44 seat theatre, you are taken on a rescue mission to retrieve a scientist already in the body studying the effects of a splinter. As various mishaps occur, visitors are taken on a very bumpy simulator ride, in addition to learning about the human immune system. The combination of visual effects and the simulator ride can make even the strongest stomach feel queasy. TIP: Don't go on this ride too soon after eating. This 5 minute ride is popular with all age groups but especially teens and is a major attraction so long lines are the norm. There is a height restriction of 40" in effect here and parents may choose the "switch off" option. There is a warning that visitors who have back or neck problems, and pregnant women should not ride this. Guests using ECVs must be able to transfer to a wheelchair.
TIP: Don't go on this ride too soon after eating. This 5- minute ride is popular with all age groups but especially teens and is a major attraction so long lines are the norm. There is a height restriction of 40" in effect here and parents may choose the "switch off" option. There is a warning that visitors who have back or neck problems, and pregnant women should not ride this. Guests using ECVs must be able to transfer to a wheelchair.
FUN FACT:The pilot of the “aircraft” is played by actor Tim Matheson, and the female scientist who is swimming outside the aircraft at the beginning of the film is played by actress Elizabeth Shue.
HIDDEN MICKEYS:Check the mural above Body Wars.
The Making of Me:
A funny, poignant look at the facts of life is presented in a 14 minute long show at "The Making of Me." This film is a tastefully done introduction to the stages of pregnancy from conception to delivery and is light and humorous. Martin Short stars as a man curious about his "beginnings" and goes back in time to watch his parents meet, date, fall in love, marry, conceive and give birth. While touching, it does include some graphic shots such as an actual delivery. Parents need to decide for themselves whether it will be suitable for younger children. Shown every 15 minutes, the theatre is small so it may appear that there is a long wait. This attraction is wheelchair accessible. Assistive listening devices are available from Guest Services for guests who are hearing impaired. For deaf guests, reflective captioning is available, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance.Cranium Command: In Cranium Command, visitors get to accompany Buzzy, a novice brain pilot as he barely makes it through basic training and is unfortunately assigned to an adolescent boy. The pre-show is an animated film that introduces "General" Knowledge as he trains recruits to be brain pilots. Following the pre-show, you move into a 200 seat theatre where the Audio-Animatronic Buzzy stumbles through his first day on the job working with other organs played by popular actors and comedians. Hans and Franz from Saturday Night Live (Dana Carvey and Kevin Nealon) work the heart, Jon Lovitz is the emotional right side of the brain, Charles Grodin the logical left side of the brain, George Wendt the stomach and Bobcat Goldthwait as the adrenal gland. We see the film through the eyes of this 12 year old boy as he meets a cute, new girl at school, defends her against bullies, is sent to the principal's office and then finally, his first kiss! This very popular attraction is entertaining to guests of all ages. The show is 17 minutes long and a new show begins every 18 minutes. Cranium Command is wheelchair accessible. For hearing impaired guests, assistive listening devices are available from Guest Services. Reflective captioning is offered to deaf guests, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom