Epcot World Showcase - France
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Italy||United Kingdom|
The France Pavilion is a bit deceptive at first glance. Tucked away behind the Monsieur Paul restaurant (one of Epcot's best), is an alleyway where the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie is found. This is a fancy way of saying "bakery" and is not to be missed.
When you approach France from the United Kingdom, you stroll over the Pont des Arts inspired footbridge. This spot is reminiscent of the the Seine waterfront, complete with flower carts and streetside artists.
The center fountain is a great place to sit, relax and people watch. Throughout the day the "Serveur Amusant" acrobats perform. It's a fun show where the the two talented performers build a tower out of chairs and balance on top.
The 'streets' are lined in cobblestones and as you explore the pavilion, you'll hear romantic tunes being played. Speaking of romance, there's no greater love than the Beauty and the Beast. You'll often find Belle and her fur-covered man meeting and greeting guests in the gardens. (Check the park schedule for appearances.)
When you think of France, two things come to mind, wine and perfume. You won't be disappointed as both are well represented. When you sit at one of the bistro tables tucked into the passageways while sipping a glass of champagne with a freshly baked croissant, you'll truly feel as if you've been transported to Paris.
There are several carts scattered around. You can shop for souvenirs, get a made to order crepe or visit the wine kiosk which has fantastic Grey Goose vodka and Grand Marnier slushies.
Adding to the authenticity is the "Eiffel Tower". This much photographed landmark is 1/10th the size of the actual tower and was built following the blueprints of Gustave Eiffel.
There is one "attraction" so to speak. The "Impressions de France" film is shown throughout the day in the Palais du Cinema. The best thing about this movie is that you actually get to sit. (A nice departure from the Circle Vision movies in China and Canada.)
This film is an 18-minute trip through France, giving guests a glimpse into the beauty of both the French countryside and the densely-populated cities. See the palace of Versailles, winemakers, hot air balloons and the celebration of Bastille Day, all set to a beautiful soundtrack of French composers. In other words, it's very relaxing and your kids will most likely be bored.
The France Pavilion has a lot to offer, and when it comes to eating, whether a meal or a snack, it can't be beat.
Les Chefs de France - This is one of Epcot's overlooked gems. Many of the tables overlook the 'streets' of France and give you a bird's eye view of the comings and goings while you enjoy your delicious meal. The tables are covered in crisp white linens, the interior is light and airy and the service is always top notch.
Monsieur Paul - This is an upscale restaurant that is only open for dinner. If 'elegance' is something you seek, this gourmet spot is one to consider. (There is a dress code.)
At the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie, You'll find croissants, eclairs, mousse, quiche, souffles, tarts, cheese platters and sandwiches accompanied by French roast coffee.
L'Artisan des Glaces, is an Artisan Ice Cream and Sorbet shop. 16 different flavors are made on the premises, all with fresh ingredients - 10 ice creams (chocolate, vanilla, mint chocolate, pistachio, hazelnut, caramel fleur de sel, cherry, coconute-white chocolate, coffee and profiterole) and six sorbets (strawberry, mango, lemon, pomegranate, and mixed berry). Desserts are sold by the scoop either in cups or cones. Adults may also add a liqueur to their ice cream, giving guests the option of hundreds of flavor combinations.
DIS Unplugged Web Radio Show Podcast
Listen as Julie Martin takes you on a tour of the shops in France.
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
There are an abundance of shops, and merchandise, to choose from in the pavilion of France. Perfumes and colognes are the featured items in the "Plume et Palette". Chanel, Escada, Givenchy, and Lacoste can be found as well as two Parisian perfumiers, Jean Patou and Annick Goutal. The "Guerlain" signature store not only features fragrances but has their full line of cosmetics.
At "La Maison du Vin", guests can sample wines (for a fee) and purchase their favorite French wines along with a variety of wine accessories. Maxim’s de Paris chocolates, cookies, Marat D’Avignon kitchen linens, soaps by E.Barret & Co., and Emile Henry cookware are other items offered in this store.
“Souvenirs de France” carries the typical type of French souvenir like the beret, miniature Eiffel Tower, t-shirt, and the Paris purse. The more interesting items are the many books on French artists, cities, and the language itself, and the infant toys by Latitude Enfant. All areas of the France pavilion are wheelchair accessible.
FUN FACTS: Say "hello" in French by saying "bonjour" (bohn-ZHOOR).
HIDDEN MICKEYS: Check out the grates at the base of the trees.
- Blog - Preview: “Saving Mr. Banks”
- Beaches and Cream will begin accepting reservations December 18 - This small soda fountain restaurant serves burgers, sandwiches and their signature ice cream desserts.
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Joan Jett tells SeaWorld to stop using her song
- Disney produces animated "it's a small world" web series
- Heart is the third musical group to cancel SeaWorld performance
- Willie Nelson backs out of SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ event
- Disney obtains distrbution rights to future Indiana Jones films
- Family sues Disney when woman dies from complications after a fall
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom