Magic Kingdom - Country Bear Jamboree
|Big Thunder Mountain||Tom Sawyer Island|
|Country Bear Jamboree||Restaurants and Shops|
|Splash Mountain||Shows and Events|
Country Bear Jamboree
Opened: October 1, 1971
Attraction length: 12 minutes
Based on a suggestion by Walt Disney himself, the Country Bear Jamboree has all the makings of an old-fashioned hoe-down. This entertaining knee-slapping fun is held in Grizzly Hall and features 20 Audio-animatronic bears. Starring the 7 foot tall Henry as the Master of Ceremonies, the show offers corny humor and the singing talents of entertainers such as the Five Bear Rugs, Teddi Barra the Tampa Temptation and hear the harmony of Bubbles, Bunny and Beulah.
Although more popular with the older and younger folks, this is a popular attraction and long lines are not uncommon. However don't be disheartened by this; the theatre is large and once the doors open, large groups will go in at one time. During the holiday season, a Christmas version is offered.
Handicapped Accessibility: This show is wheelchair accessible and guests with hearing difficulties will note that assistive listening devices can be used here and are available at Guest Services. Reflective Captioning is also provided for the deaf, ask a Cast Member at the entrance for assistance.
Fun fact: This was the first major attraction to be debuted at Walt Disney World, then moved to other Disney parks world wide.
- cathie1327 - "This is an attraction I'd suggest for maybe once a trip. People who have been around Disney a long time may appreciate the nostalgia, but it's really not all that exciting and can be a bit boring. Nice place to get into some air-conditioning for a while though."
- gemini2727 - "I remember it being more exciting when I was a kid, but my kids did enjoy it and it gave us a bit of a rest."
More Country Bear Jamboree Reviews
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW