Magic Kingdom - Liberty Square
|The Hall of Presidents||Restaurants|
|Liberty Square Riverboat||Shops|
Liberty Square is best described as "low key" in comparison to the other "lands" at the Magic Kingdom.
There are only three attractions here, but among them is the Haunted Mansion, one of Disney's best.
As you enter Liberty Square, you're stepping into the colonial era of America. The brick covered buildings are reminiscent of Williamsburg, Virginia and there's a replica of the Liberty Bell. It's no wonder why Liberty Square was chosen as the home of the Hall of Presidents attraction. A little history about the Liberty Bell: In 1976, 50 replicas were cast and molded in honor of our country’s 200th birthday. Each state would receive one and place it in a spot of their choice. However, the state of Pennsylvania had a problem. They already had the original Liberty Bell in Philadelphia. Why would they want a replica? Years later, Walt Disney World realized Pennsylvania had the replica and asked if they could have it for Liberty Square. Pennsylvania agreed and on July 4th, 1989 the replica Liberty Bell was hoisted and lowered into its permanent spot inside Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom where it still sits today. Florida remains the only state with two of the 50 replica Liberty Bells.
There's an actual Liberty Tree in front of the Liberty Tree Tavern. Its name is from the 1957 Disney movie "Johnny Tremain". Among its branches are 13 lanterns representing the original 13 colonies of the United States. At a hefty 38 tons, this tree is the largest living thing in the Magic Kingdom.
One of the most relaxing attractions is located here. The Liberty Belle paddlewheel boat takes guests on a cruise around the Rivers of America. It was originally the Richard F. Irvine riverboat until the Liberty Belle was built from its hull in 1996.
A very popular photo spot is the wooden pillory found in Liberty Square. Stick your head and hands through and smile! Getting your picture taken sure beats what used to happen - in the days when this was used as punishment, you'd be locked in and have food thrown at you. (Getting pelted with one of those mammoth Disney turkey legs could be painful!)
There are some fun souvenirs that are unique to Liberty Square. Little girls love the umbrellas that can be personalized with their names. At the Silhouette cart you can have a memorable keepsake created.
Shoppers will find antiques, historical treasures, tea sets, silver and kitchenware in such shops as Heritage House, Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, The Yankee Trader, Olde World Antiques and the Silversmith Shop. Madame Leota's cart has some cute items based on the Haunted Mansion.
If you're hungry, the Liberty Tree Tavern takes reservations for a meal of delicious American fare. If you want a quick New England style meal, then Columbia Harbor House is the place to go.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW