Magic Kingdom - TomorrowlandTomorrowland Attractions
|Shops and Restaurants|
Opened: November 1994
Closed: February 26, 2006
The Circle-Vision 360 theatre is home to the popular 20-minute time travel journey with the Timekeeper. The voice of the Audio-animatronic host Timekeeper is supplied by Robin Williams, and fans of the hit TV series Cheers, may recognize Rhea Perlman as his camera-droid sidekick, 9-Eyes. 9-Eyes is aptly named because of the nine cameras that provide guests with the sights on the nine screens that surround them in the circular theatre.
The premise here is that 9_Eye is the time machine test pilot and we accompany her on her journey that begins in pre-historic Europe, and continues on into the future. There is an encounter with Jules Verne and H. G. Wells. You get to observe geniuses like Mozart and da Vinci at work, as well as see incredible views such as that from a hot air balloon over Red Square and fly down 1200 meter bobsled run at 60 miles per hour.
The ride is most popular with adults as children may not appreciate the history and camera work involved.
Handicapped Accessibility: This attraction is wheelchair accessible. For hearing impaired guests, assistive listening devices are available at Guest Services. For guests who are deaf, Reflective Captioning is available, ask the Cast Member at the outside entrance for assistance.
Fun Facts: The Circle-Vision 360 Theater first hosted “America the Beautiful” from November ‘71 thru March ‘74 and from March ’75 thru September ‘84. In between was “Magic Carpet Round the World” from March ‘74 thru March ‘85. Next came “American Journeys” from September ‘84 thru January ‘94 and finally Timekeeper opened in ‘94, going seasonal from 4/01 on.
The Timekeeper originally debuted at Disneyland Paris.
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios