The Happiest Celebration on Earth.
The new "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion begins on October 1, 2006. The castle facade is being removed and Cinderellabration is ending. The other attractions will remain.
The Happiest Celebration On Earth is a global tribute to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. All of the Disney theme parks world wide are be participating in this 17 month long celebration. From Paris to Tokyo, from Florida to California, each park has unveiled new attractions and entertainment to mark this occassion.
NOTE: This facade has been removed.
Click Here for pictures of what the castle looked like.
WDW Imagineers have put together a special updated look to coincide with the celebration. The last time that the Castle underwent a transformation was for the 25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. The Castle was made into a giant pink birthday cake. This time, Imagineering is going Rennaissance-style.
The Castle has been given a Della Robbia overlay with polished gold trim. Banners, bunting and tapestries adorn the walls and golden statues of Disney Characters have been added, including a flying Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Wendy swirling atop the highest turret.
There is also be an impressive 76 foot long statue of Kaa, the snake from The Jungle Book along with King Louie, Simba, Pumbaa and Timon from the Lion King, Sebastian and Flounder from the Little Mermaid, the Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and Victor, Hugo and Laverne from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Just above the front archway of the Castle, facing out across the hub towards Main Street, USA, there is an enormous "Mickey Mirror," modeled after the one in Snow White. In the "mirror" is a changing image showing each of the five Disney Theme Park Castles, including the one from Hong Kong Disneyland.
Cinderellabration - NOTE: The last performance is September 16, 2006
At the Magic Kingdom the forecourt of the castle will be the stage for Cinderellabration. This popular musical is from Tokyo Disneyland. It features ornate costumes and elaborate sets as the cast of Disney Princesses celebrate the coronation of Cinderella.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Over at Epcot, California Adventure's extremely popular attraction, Soarin' will treat guests to a simulated hangliding flight over the Golden State. As sweeping vistas are projected on a huge IMAX screen, the scent of pine trees and orange groves add to the effect.
Visitors to Epcot will also view the next generation of Disney theme parks at the Hong Kong Disneyland preview center. Through the use of models and design renderings, this latest Disney venture opening in December of 2005 is showcased.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Click Here for the Dedication Ceremony
The opening of MGM’s newest attraction “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” sponsored by Brawny paper towels draws near. The official opening date was May 5, 2005, the start of the “Happiest Celebration on Earth.” As with all of Disney's new attractions, previews are anticipated.
This fast paced action adventure uses specially designed cars, jet skis and motorcycles in a high speed pursuit. Some vehicles are designed to drive in reverse, while one splits in half. You’ll know which car is the “hero” and which is the “villain” by color coding.
The 177,000 square foot, 5000 seat stadium which is home to the “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is one of the largest venues in WDW. Set in a Mediterranean village, a “spy thriller” is filmed live with explosions, jumps, spins and death defying stunts.
Guests first pass through the garage (atelier). There are six large windows where you can watch the technicians’ fine tune the customized vehicles used in this attraction.
Segments of this energetic attraction are taped and shown on oversized screens, highlighting how the different camera angles enhance the special effects.
The cast of professional drivers, stunt managers, production crew, director and assistant director will invite a select few audience members to participate in the fun.
The “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is based on the popular “Stunt Show Spectacular” enjoyed by visitors to Disneyland Paris.
Expedition Everest has opened at the Animal Kingdom. This thrill ride features a high-speed train that transports guests in pursuit of the Yeti (Abominable Snowman.)
Click Her for more information and photos.
From the tip of his nose to the end of his tail, Lucky is 12 feet long and a svelte 450 pounds. He pulls his cart throughout the park and loves to meet new people.
Lucky has also appeared at Disney's California Adventure. This incredible figure walks, talks, laughs, jokes and sneezes. He can even sign an autograph. Being that he is "Lucky" his signature is a four leaf clover. Hopefully, this won't be the last time we see Lucky in Orlando.
The Happiest Celebration on Earth concludes in September of 2006. Click Here for our coverage of Disney's 2005 Press Event that celebrated the 50th anniversary of Disneyland.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Harambe Nights sold out this weekend - Harambe Nights is sold out for the weekend of July 19. Tickets are still available for the remaining weekends.
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Registration now open for Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Registration is already filling up. Prices are listed here and will go up after a certain date.
- Seats still remaining for Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - Sample food's from this year's Festival and hear speakers discussing the new marketplaces, special events and more!
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom Turnstiles - Main St. Station - Wish you were at Disney today? Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Magic Kingdom Turnstiles - Main St. Station.
- Less than a month left to book a Disney vacation with free dining! - Guests can book a Walt Disney World room and ticket vacation package that includes a stay at a Walt Disney World resort, and receive the Dining Plan for free!
- Backstage package begins today Cirque du Soleil - Package is available for 6:00 performances on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Create a personalized Coca-Cola label at Club Cool - Guests at Walt Disney World will be able to create a personalized label for a 7.5 oz Coca-Cola can.
- Blog - Like This at Walt Disney World? Try That at Universal Orlando.
- Viewing locations for final World Cup games - The final three games will be shown in multiple locations.
- Blog - Some Dos and Don'ts of Frozen Summer Fun
- Candlelight Processional dining package info released - Information includes list of restaurants and approximate prices. Reserved fireworks viewing is not included this year.
- Minor changes to menu at Harambe Nights party - The lamb chops with tamarind pomegranate sauce will no longer be served. A Moroccan beef kefta dish will be served at the buffet after the show instead of the pre-show reception.
- Blog - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You?
- It's Tough to be a Bug closes for refurb - The Animal Kingdom attraction will be closed from 7/7/14 - 8/11/14.
- Photos of Oaken's Trading Post and merchandise available at Frozen Summer Fun - We've added merchandise photos and photos of Oaken's Trading Post to our blog on this event.
- VIDEO: Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome featuring Kristoff at Frozen Summer Fun - Frozen Summer Fun has come to Disney's Hollywood Studios and the first daily event is a Royal Welcome parade for Anna and Elsa with a special appearance by Kristoff. At the end of the parade, the two princesses appear on the Sorcerer Mickey hat stage for a sing-along of "Let It Go" with Olaf!
- New backstage package offered at Cirque du Soleil - This $250 package includes ticket, snacks, gift bag and backstage meet and greet.
- Minimum age lowered to travel solo on Magical Express - The minimum age to travel alone on Magical Express has been lowered to age 12 from age 16.
- Flying Fish Cafe to serve breakfast this fall - Reservations are now being accepted for 10/1 - 12/7/14.
- Florida residents can save 35% on a Room Only reservation - Florida residents can save when booking a room-only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for stays most nights July 2014 - September 2014.
- Premium Package added for Frozen Summer Fun Live - Package will include reserved seating and viewing for three of the day's events.
- Changes to PhotoPass print packages at restaurants - Beginning 7/27/14, PhotoPass print packages will no longer be offered table-side at Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Time schedule announced for Frozen Summer Fun Live at Hollywood Studios - The world of Frozen is taking over Hollywood Studios this summer. Spend the day enjoying these brand-new interactive experiences.
- Extended operating hours for monorail for 4th of July holiday - The monorail will have extended operating hours on July 3-5.
- Garden View Tea Room at Grand Floridian to undergo refurb - Garden View Tea Room closed 6/30/14 - 8/29/14. Perfectly Princess Tea Party will take place at Citricos.
- Partial list of Candlelight Processional narrators announced - Sharon Stone and Ana Gasteyer are new additions this year.
- Blog - Making the Most Out of a Summer Trip to Walt Disney World
- 4th of July Craft beer event at the Swan and Dolphin Hotel - Eight different brews will be on tap as the hotel partners with Cigar City Brewing of Tampa.
- July merchandise events and signings at the Walt Disney World Resort - Disney artists will sign their work at locations around Walt Disney World.
- Two new VIP tours added at Walt Disney World - The Ultimate Day of Thrills - A VIP Tour Experience and The Ultimate Day for Young Families - A VIP Tour Experience will both take guests to three parks, giving them VIP access to several attractions.
- Cinderella's Royal Table to be closed for 2 months - The character dining restaurant will be closed for refurbishment 1/5/2015 - 3/6/2015.
- Blog - FROZEN Summer Fun LIVE! Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Several dates sold out for Animal Kingdom's Harambe Nights - Premium seating is sold out for all dates. General seating is sold out for 6/28 and 7/5.
- Several changes made to park hours for rest of 2014 - Many changes have been made to Extra Magic Hours, as well as park hours extended and more Fantasmic and Main Street Electrical performances added.
- Several refurb dates planned for Winter Summerland mini golf course - The summer course will be closed for several dates throughout the summer.
- Parking lot construction at Animal Kingdom through September - The lot will be expanded in anticipation of larger crowds with the additions coming to the park.
- Agent P World Showcase Adventure to utilize smartphones - Beginning 6/27/14, the current flip phones will be replaced with smartphones.
- Another new meet and greet location for Snow White - She can now be seen on the front porch of Town Square Theater.
- Blog - Downtown Disney - Land of construction walls and cranes
- Blog - Disney Park Favorites in New Vinylmation Park Starz 3
- Rock Your Summer Side Dance Party at Hollywood Studios - This dance party will take place nightly from 6:00-10:00pm.
- Details for 4th of July at Walt Disney World - The parks will have special fireworks shows and Disney characters dressed in patriotic costumes.
- Ticket discounts for Cirque du Soleil - Discounted tickets are available for performances July 1-19, July 14, July 23-Sept 13, Sept 23-27, 2014.
- Summer discounts available for Walt Disney World golf courses - Play early in the day and save on a round of golf.
- Partial character list scheduled for Villains Unleashed event - Villains can be seen in stage shows, character greetings, and more.
- Price increases to $15/hour at Disney's Children's Activity Centers - This is at Club Disney at the Polynesian, Simba's Cubhouse at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Sandcastle Club at the Beach Club, and Cub's Den at the Wilderness Lodge.
- Tables in Wonderland hosts Epcot Food & Wine Festival Preview Event - Sample food's from this year's Festival and hear speakers discussing the new marketplaces, special events and more.
- Wilderness Lodge main pool closing from 9/3-11/27/14 - Main Pool closed 9/3/2014- 11/27/2014. Guests may use the pool at Fort Wilderness or the Contemporary. Transportation will be provided.
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 12:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW