The Happiest Celebration on Earth.
The new "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion begins on October 1, 2006. The castle facade is being removed and Cinderellabration is ending. The other attractions will remain.
The Happiest Celebration On Earth is a global tribute to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Disneyland. All of the Disney theme parks world wide are be participating in this 17 month long celebration. From Paris to Tokyo, from Florida to California, each park has unveiled new attractions and entertainment to mark this occassion.
NOTE: This facade has been removed.
Click Here for pictures of what the castle looked like.
WDW Imagineers have put together a special updated look to coincide with the celebration. The last time that the Castle underwent a transformation was for the 25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. The Castle was made into a giant pink birthday cake. This time, Imagineering is going Rennaissance-style.
The Castle has been given a Della Robbia overlay with polished gold trim. Banners, bunting and tapestries adorn the walls and golden statues of Disney Characters have been added, including a flying Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and Wendy swirling atop the highest turret.
There is also be an impressive 76 foot long statue of Kaa, the snake from The Jungle Book along with King Louie, Simba, Pumbaa and Timon from the Lion King, Sebastian and Flounder from the Little Mermaid, the Cheshire Cat and White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland and Victor, Hugo and Laverne from the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Just above the front archway of the Castle, facing out across the hub towards Main Street, USA, there is an enormous "Mickey Mirror," modeled after the one in Snow White. In the "mirror" is a changing image showing each of the five Disney Theme Park Castles, including the one from Hong Kong Disneyland.
Cinderellabration - NOTE: The last performance is September 16, 2006
At the Magic Kingdom the forecourt of the castle will be the stage for Cinderellabration. This popular musical is from Tokyo Disneyland. It features ornate costumes and elaborate sets as the cast of Disney Princesses celebrate the coronation of Cinderella.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Over at Epcot, California Adventure's extremely popular attraction, Soarin' will treat guests to a simulated hangliding flight over the Golden State. As sweeping vistas are projected on a huge IMAX screen, the scent of pine trees and orange groves add to the effect.
Visitors to Epcot will also view the next generation of Disney theme parks at the Hong Kong Disneyland preview center. Through the use of models and design renderings, this latest Disney venture opening in December of 2005 is showcased.
Click Here for a Review
Click Here for Pictures
Click Here for the Dedication Ceremony
The opening of MGM’s newest attraction “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” sponsored by Brawny paper towels draws near. The official opening date was May 5, 2005, the start of the “Happiest Celebration on Earth.” As with all of Disney's new attractions, previews are anticipated.
This fast paced action adventure uses specially designed cars, jet skis and motorcycles in a high speed pursuit. Some vehicles are designed to drive in reverse, while one splits in half. You’ll know which car is the “hero” and which is the “villain” by color coding.
The 177,000 square foot, 5000 seat stadium which is home to the “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is one of the largest venues in WDW. Set in a Mediterranean village, a “spy thriller” is filmed live with explosions, jumps, spins and death defying stunts.
Guests first pass through the garage (atelier). There are six large windows where you can watch the technicians’ fine tune the customized vehicles used in this attraction.
Segments of this energetic attraction are taped and shown on oversized screens, highlighting how the different camera angles enhance the special effects.
The cast of professional drivers, stunt managers, production crew, director and assistant director will invite a select few audience members to participate in the fun.
The “Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show” is based on the popular “Stunt Show Spectacular” enjoyed by visitors to Disneyland Paris.
Expedition Everest has opened at the Animal Kingdom. This thrill ride features a high-speed train that transports guests in pursuit of the Yeti (Abominable Snowman.)
Click Her for more information and photos.
From the tip of his nose to the end of his tail, Lucky is 12 feet long and a svelte 450 pounds. He pulls his cart throughout the park and loves to meet new people.
Lucky has also appeared at Disney's California Adventure. This incredible figure walks, talks, laughs, jokes and sneezes. He can even sign an autograph. Being that he is "Lucky" his signature is a four leaf clover. Hopefully, this won't be the last time we see Lucky in Orlando.
The Happiest Celebration on Earth concludes in September of 2006. Click Here for our coverage of Disney's 2005 Press Event that celebrated the 50th anniversary of Disneyland.
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of “Toy Story of TERROR!” on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios