Disney World is one of the top ranking Honeymoon destinations for newly married couples.
Disney offers a Honeymoon Registry. Once you've registered, friends and family can contribute towards your Disney Honeymoon.
This complimentary service is offered to all, even if you aren't having a Disney Wedding and you didn't book one the Honeymoon packages that Disney offers. Whether you book a "room only" or regular package, or if you use a Travel Agent, Disney Vacation Club points, or plan a Disney Cruise, you can register your Honeymoon.
In order to register, you must have your Disney Honeymoon booked and it must be registered at least 15 days prior to arrival. (You can call a Disney Honeymoon Registry Counselor if you are within 15 days of arrival, or contact them via the link on the website.)
Honeymooners can choose their gifts from a "wish list." Spa treatments, evening entertainment, recreation, dining, as well as "Magic Money" that can be used at their discretion are among the options.
The "Magic Money" Disney Honeymoon Gift Card will have a special logo and a maximum balance of $3,000. (This can be replenished at any time throughout the registry.)
The Honeymoon has certain restrictions. While it can be used onboard the Disney Cruise Line ships, it cannot be used to book a Disney Cruise. It also cannot be used at:
- Swan/Dolphin Resorts
- Downtown Disney Area Resort Hotels
- Richard Petty Driving Experience
- Disney on Ice
- Disney Theatrical
- Rainforest Cafe**
The Rainforest Cafe does not accept the Gift Card, but they do allow you to charge to your room when staying at a Disney Resort. Once back at your resort, you can have your Gift Card applied. (This is the same policy for any restaurant that cannot take the Gift Card but will let you charge to the room.)
When friends or family members make their selection, they will be able to print out a card which can be presented to the happy couple.
Should the Honeymoon be postponed or canceled, gift funds bought through the registry will be applied to the Disney Gift Card for Honeymoons and is non-refundable. The Gift Card does not expire.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando