WHEN DID IT OPEN?
Ever wonder when your favorite attraction or resort opened? Here's where to find out:
1/07/1992 - Voyage of the Little Mermaid
1/15/1975 - Carousel of Progress
1/15/1975 - Space Mountain
1/15/1986 - Living Seas (Now Seas with Nemo & Friends)
1/15/1999 - All Star Movies
1/16/1997 - Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats
1/21/1995 - Circle of Life
1/23/1995 - Galaxy Palace Theater in Tomorrowland
3/01/1996 - Disney's Hilton Head Resort
3/17/1999 - Test Track
3/18/1999 - Kali River Rapids
3/28/1997 - Wide World of Sports
3/31/1999 - Maharajah Jungle Trek
4/01/1995 - Blizzard Beach
4/01/2002 - Disney Pin Traders Shop
4/01/2002 - Primeval Whirl
4/02/2007 - Monster's Inc Laugh Floor Comedy Club
4/05/2006 - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
4/07/2005 - Expedition Everest
4/16/2001 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
4/22/1998 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
4/22/1998 - Boneyard
4/22/1998 - Conservation Station
4/22/1998 - Dinosaur
4/22/1998 - Discovery Island Trails
4/22/1998 - Festival of the Lion King
4/22/1998 - It's Tough to be a Bug
4/22/1998 - Kilimanjaro Safari
4/22/1998 - Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
4/22/1998 - Pocahontas and her Forest Friends
4/22/1998 - Wildlife Express Train
4/22/1999 - Sounds Dangerous Starring Drew Carey
4/23/2005 - Mickey's Pantry
4/28/1998 - Flights of Wonder
4/29/1994 - All Star Sports
4/30/1994 - Astro Orbiter
5/01/1989 - Disney MGM Studios
5/01/1989 - Disney MGM Studios Backlot Tour
5/01/1989 - Great Movie Ride
5/01/1989 - Magic of Disney Animation
5/05/2005 - Soarin'
5/05/2005 - Lights, Motor, Action Extreme Stunt Show
5/06/1998 - Norway
5/16/1991 - Muppet Vision 3-D
5/17/1991 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
5/17/2004 - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
5/20/1973 - Liberty Square Riverboat
5/20/1973 - Tom Sawyer Island
5/22/2003 - Reflections of China
5/23/2001 - Magic Carpets of Aladdin
5/28/1994 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge
6/09/1989 - Typhoon Lagoon
6/01/2002 - Journey into Imagination with Figment
6/05/1999 - The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
6/11/1994 - Tomorrowland Transit Authority
6/18/1998 - Mickey's Country House
6/19/1998 - Disney Quest
6/21/1996 - Judge's Tent
6/29/1996 - Donald's Boat
6/29/1996 - Minnie's Country House
6/30/2003 - Toontown Hall of Fame Tent
7/01/1994 - Innoventions East & West
7/01/1996 - Disney's Boardwalk Inn
7/01/1996 - Disney's Boardwalk Villas
7/01/1998 - Disney's Grand Floridan Resort & Spa
7/01/2002 - Disney's Beach Club Villas
7/02/1992 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
7/02/1999 - Fairytale Garden
7/05/1988 - Maelstrom
7/17/1992 - Splash Mountain
7/22/1994 - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
7/30/1998 - Disney Magic Maiden Voyage from Port Canaveral
7/30/1999 - Rock 'N Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
8/01/1997 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
8/01/2002 - Once Upon a Toy
8/06/1996 - Downtown Disney Rainforest Cafe
8/15/1999 - Disney Wonder Maiden Voyage from Port Canaveral
8/15/2003 - Mission: Space
8/25/1989 - Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
9/01/1980 - Days of Christmas Shop
9/01/2005 - Pooh's Playful Spot
9/07/1984 - Morocco
9/15/1996 - Ellen's Energy Adventure
9/23/1980 - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
9/28/1996 - First International Food & Wine Festival
10/01/1971 - Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
10/01/1971 - Contemporary Resort
10/01/1971 - Country Bear Jamboree
10/01/1971 - Dumbo
10/01/1971 - Enchanted Tiki Room
10/01/1971 - Frontierland Shootin' Arcade
10/01/1971 - Hall of Presidents
10/01/1971 - Haunted Mansion
10/01/1971 - it's a small world
10/01/1971 - Jungle Cruise
10/01/1971 - Mad Tea Party
10/01/1971 - Magic Kingdom
10/01/1971 - Main Street Vehicles
10/01/1971 - Peter Pan's Flight
10/01/1971 - Polynesian Resort
10/01/1971 - Snow White's Scary Adventure
10/01/1971 - Swiss Family Treehouse
10/01/1971 - Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
10/01/1971 - Walt Disney World Railroad
10/01/1982 - American Adventure
10/01/1982 - El Rio Del Tiempo
10/01/1982 - Epcot
10/01/1982 - World Showcase
10/01/1982 - Canada
10/01/1982 - France
10/01/1982 - Germany
10/01/1982 - Italy
10/01/1982 - Japan
10/01/1982 - Mexico
10/01/1982 - Spaceship Earth
10/01/1982 - United Kingdom
10/01/1995 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort
10/01/1996 - Ariel's Grotto
10/01/1996 - Goofy's Barnstormer
10/01/1998 - Caribbean Beach Resort
10/01/1999 - Imageworks
10/01/1999 - Kidcot stations open
10/01/1999 - Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
10/01/2001 - Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage
10/01/2001 - Pizza Planet Arcade
10/01/2001 - Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
10/03/1996 - World of Disney Store
10/03/2003 - Mickey's PhilharMagic
10/07/1998 - Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
10/13/1997 - LEGO Imagination Center
10/16/2006 - The Seas with Nemo and Friends
10/19/1989 - Wonders of Life
11/01/2001 - Affection Section
11/01/2001 - TriceraTop Spin
11/05/1990 - Disney's Yacht Club
11/11/2004 - Mickey's Mart: Everything $10 & Under store
11/11/2004 - Turtle Talk with Crush
11/15/2000 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
11/16/2004 - Bruce's Shark World
11/16/2004 - Stitch's Great Escape
11/19/1971 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
11/19/1990 - Disney's Beach Club Resort
11/22/1991 - Beauty and the Beast Stage Show
11/21/1994 - Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
11/22/1994 - All Star Music
11/22/1998 - Tree of Life
11/30/2006 - Finding Nemo - The Musical
12/09/2005 - MGM's Journey into Narnia
12/14/2003 - Disney's Pop Century Resort - Classic Years
12/15/1973 - Pirates of the Caribbean
12/15/1989 - Star Tours
12/17/1990 - Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground
12/20/1991 - Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of “Toy Story of TERROR!” on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios