Maple Glazed Salmon
oz. pecans, shelled, pieces
tsp. whole butter, unsalted
tbs. apple juice
tbs. turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- pinch kosher salt
ea. 3 oz. salmon pieces (scales removed, skin
fl. oz. canola oil
oz. cleaned watercress
tsp. extra virgin olive oil
oz. candied pecans
fl oz. maple glaze
- black pepper
fl oz. maple syrup, pure
tbs. honey, orange blossom
tbs. brown sugar, light
- pinch black pepper, fresh ground
Method of Preparation for Pecans:
Heat butter in a small saucepan over a medium high heat, until it just starts brown. Immediately add pecans stirring continuously. Stir 5-7 minutes until pecans are toasted. Once pecans have toasted, add apple juice stirring constantly. When nearly all the apple juice has been reduced add the sugar and keep stirring until the pecans have been well coated, take caution not to burn the sugar. Once pecans are well coated, turn out on to a cooling tray are all spaced apart to even cool. Allow pecans to completely cool in a low humidity environment. Reserve for salmon.
Method of Preparation for Glaze:
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and heat over low heat. Heat just long enough to incorporate all ingredients and for sugar to liquefy. Remove from heat and reserve warm for salmon. Maple Glazed Salmon.
Method of Preparation for Salmon:
oven to 425 degrees. Place watercress
in lightly iced water, to rinse and refresh.
Remove from iced water and completely
dry in salad spinner or between paper
towels, set aside. Remove any moisture
from the salmon pieces by lightly using
one fourth of the canola oil. Season both
sides of the salmon with kosher salt and
pepper. Heat remaining 1.5 ounces canola
oil in large heavy bottomed non-stick
frying pan, large enough to accommodate
salmon pieces without over crowding, over
medium high heat. Ensure that oil is evenly
coating bottom of frying pan. Once the
oil has just began to smoke carefully
place the salmon pieces in the pan, skin
side down, and lower heat to medium. Cook
salmon on skin side until skin is evenly
golden brown, turn salmon over and repeat.
Remove salmon from pan and blot on paper
towels to remove any oil or fat. Transfer
salmon to baking pan with raised sides,
and drizzle each piece with half of the
maple glaze, place in oven and bake until
desired doneness, time will vary depending
on the thickness of salmon, average 5-10
minutes. While salmon is baking, toss
watercress with olive oil and a pinch
of salt and pepper. Arrange watercress
on four plates. When salmon is done place
two pieces on each mound of watercress,
drizzle with maple glazed and sprinkle
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando