Maple Glazed Salmon
oz. pecans, shelled, pieces
tsp. whole butter, unsalted
tbs. apple juice
tbs. turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- pinch kosher salt
ea. 3 oz. salmon pieces (scales removed, skin
fl. oz. canola oil
oz. cleaned watercress
tsp. extra virgin olive oil
oz. candied pecans
fl oz. maple glaze
- black pepper
fl oz. maple syrup, pure
tbs. honey, orange blossom
tbs. brown sugar, light
- pinch black pepper, fresh ground
Method of Preparation for Pecans:
Heat butter in a small saucepan over a medium high heat, until it just starts brown. Immediately add pecans stirring continuously. Stir 5-7 minutes until pecans are toasted. Once pecans have toasted, add apple juice stirring constantly. When nearly all the apple juice has been reduced add the sugar and keep stirring until the pecans have been well coated, take caution not to burn the sugar. Once pecans are well coated, turn out on to a cooling tray are all spaced apart to even cool. Allow pecans to completely cool in a low humidity environment. Reserve for salmon.
Method of Preparation for Glaze:
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan and heat over low heat. Heat just long enough to incorporate all ingredients and for sugar to liquefy. Remove from heat and reserve warm for salmon. Maple Glazed Salmon.
Method of Preparation for Salmon:
oven to 425 degrees. Place watercress
in lightly iced water, to rinse and refresh.
Remove from iced water and completely
dry in salad spinner or between paper
towels, set aside. Remove any moisture
from the salmon pieces by lightly using
one fourth of the canola oil. Season both
sides of the salmon with kosher salt and
pepper. Heat remaining 1.5 ounces canola
oil in large heavy bottomed non-stick
frying pan, large enough to accommodate
salmon pieces without over crowding, over
medium high heat. Ensure that oil is evenly
coating bottom of frying pan. Once the
oil has just began to smoke carefully
place the salmon pieces in the pan, skin
side down, and lower heat to medium. Cook
salmon on skin side until skin is evenly
golden brown, turn salmon over and repeat.
Remove salmon from pan and blot on paper
towels to remove any oil or fat. Transfer
salmon to baking pan with raised sides,
and drizzle each piece with half of the
maple glaze, place in oven and bake until
desired doneness, time will vary depending
on the thickness of salmon, average 5-10
minutes. While salmon is baking, toss
watercress with olive oil and a pinch
of salt and pepper. Arrange watercress
on four plates. When salmon is done place
two pieces on each mound of watercress,
drizzle with maple glazed and sprinkle
- Peter Pan's Flight closed 3/5 and 3/6 - This Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed for refurbishments.
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
- Blog - 2015 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
- Surviving (Or Sharing) Disney World with A Non-Disney Fan
- Celebrate the release of Cinderella with a specialty cupcake - To celebrate, the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort created this special dessert, only available until March 31.
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid reopens at Magic Kingdom after refurb - The ride was closed for a month for improvements, including new lighting in the "Under the Sea" room.
- Star Wars Weekend's Galactic Gathering merchandise event planned - Attendees will receive exclusive access to purchase merchandise a day before it opens to the public. Cost to attend is $250 per person.
- Updated events and schedules for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - The Festival runs from March 4 - May 17, 2015.
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- List of Walt Disney World smoking areas updated - The list of smoking areas in the parks, water parks and Downtown Disney has been updated.
- Outdoor Kitchen menus for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Food and beverage kiosks are set up around World Showcase. These Outdoor Kitchens are themed to reflect each nation and offer a taste of the culture.
- 3 Things We’d Been Missing at the Magic Kingdom...Until Now - “You’re going again? Don’t you get bored? How can there be anything left to do?” Our answer is always no and yes. No, we’re not bored and yes, there are still things left to do.
- Backstage Tales begins today at Animal Kingdom - Taking place at the Animal Kingdom, guests will head backstage to check out the park's Veterinary Hospital, housing for animals and the Animal Nutrition Center.
- Egg-Stravaganza Easter egg hunt back for the second year - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot. When you've completed your map, return it for a special surprise!
- March merchandise events at Walt Disney World - Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings to be held around Walt Disney World in March.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released