Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- VIDEO: Saturday Stroll around World Showcase - Take a walk around Epcot's World Showcase in this week's Saturday Stroll around Walt Disney World - 05/28/16.
- Disney Vacation Club - Buy Direct, Resale, or not all?
- Soarin' and Toy Story Mania debut new expansions
- How I Saved $1,000 with a Disney Vacation Planner - There are a variety of companies out there that will help you book and plan your Disney vacation, and they're approved by Disney.
- Review: 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' bombs at box office despite not being terrible - I walked into Alice Through The Looking Glass with some bias, but I actually walked away surprised.
- Full menu available for Tiffins at Animal Kingdom - Tiffins has waterfront views, indoor and outdoor seating for 252 people and is open for both lunch and dinner.
- VIDEO: NEW The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic Show - Watch the full, new show debuting at Disney's Animal Kingdom, The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic. This new nighttime show brings Discovery River to life at the park telling the story of the hit film The Jungle Book, while bringing more nighttime offerings to Walt Disney World!
- New bus routes for Walt Disney World water parks
- Tiffins at Animal Kingdom is now open - Tiffins has waterfront views, indoor and outdoor seating for 252 people and is open for both lunch and dinner.
- VIDEO: The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic Highlights | Disney's Animal Kingdom - Check out some highlights from the new show debuting at Disney's Animal Kingdom, The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic. This new nighttime show brings Discovery River to life at the park telling the story of the hit film The Jungle Book, while bringing more nighttime offerings to Walt Disney World!
- FastPass+ and show time info for Disney's new Jungle Book: Alive with Magic show
- VIDEO: Yak and Yeti Quick Service Dining Review | Disney's Animal Kingdom - Join Craig and Steve as they sample some food from the quick service Yak and Yeti location at Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World!
- Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando both saw increase in 2015 attendance
- Disney Parks to celebrate Speak Like a Whale Day
- Dining at Disney World on a Budget - When we go to Walt Disney World, our food spending typically averages under $25/person/day, so about $70-75 daily for the 3 of us. How do we do it? Can you do it too?
- VIDEO: Frozen Norway Construction Update including New Bathrooms | Epcot - Take a look at the construction for the new Frozen experiences being added to Norway at the World Showcase at Epcot!
- Epcot for Teens
- New park maps coming for Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom
- NETFLIX to exclusively stream Disney films
- Unconventional Things to Pack for Disney - As you begin to pack your bags, you may want to consider some (or all) of these unconventional items that can make your trip more pleasant.
- Construction walls moved in Norway Pavilion; new restrooms open
- Marcus Jordan's "Trophy Room" to open at Disney Springs May 23 - Marcus Jordan, Michael's son, wants to use the space to bring visitors behind the scenes and into the life of his famous father. The store will sell athletic footwear and apparel, but also showcase items from Jordan's home.
- Pizza Planet restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios to be renamed "Pizza Rizzo" - The location will remain a counter-service pizza restaurant, but will have a new theme to better fit with its location in Muppets Courtyard.
- Preferred parking opens at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Preferred parking is now available at Disney's Hollywood Studios, located near the front of the Stage lot. Regular parking fees are $20 and preferred parking will be an additional $15.
- Getting the Celebrity Treatment at Hollywood Scoops Ice Cream - From Mickey Ice cream bars to funnel cakes dripping in cold vanilla goodness, Disney knows exactly what cold treat you need on a hot August day.
- Stay Plugged In During a Disney Trip - In today's world with all of our technological advances, lots of people will give you the advice to 'unplug', or turn off electronic devices, while at Disney. I'm going to go the other way and advise you to stay plugged in.
- Menus for new food kiosks at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- FastPasses now available for The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic - FastPasses are now available for The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic at Animal Kingdom, which opens May 28.
- FastPasses now available for Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World - Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World opens June 21 in Epcot.
- Menus for Tiffins and Nomad Lounge at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Dining Packages announced for Animal Kingdom nighttime entertainment
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular will be lighting up the skies on June 17
- Frozen Ever After & Royal Sommerhus will open June 21
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire makes its debut on June 17
- Soarin' returns to Epcot for a limited time
- Walt Disney World to host Grad Nite at Typhoon Lagoon
- Disney Vacation Club Member Lounge to open June 6
- Highlights for the 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - This year's Festival will run from September 14-November 14!
- Disney's cafeteria workers fight to join union
- New weekend brunch offered at Trail's End at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Florida tourism is up in the first quarter
- Extended rehab planned for DINOSAUR at Disney's Animal Kingdom
- MuppetVision 3D closing for 1 week in August - The attraction is expected to be closed for rehab from 8/15-8/22/16.
- Disney moves FastPass booking time to 7:00am instead of midnight
- Review: Wild Africa Trek at Disney's Animal Kingdom - As a part of our honeymoon, my adventurous new husband and I decided to forego a 20+ hour flight and rounds of immunizations needed for an expedition in Kenya, and instead booked the Wild Africa Trek at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom.
- VIDEO: Town Center Overview | Disney Springs - Disney Springs' all new Town Center is now open to the public. Offering luxury shopping experiences in Spanish style architecture. Come have a look at Disney Springs all new 'neighborhood' Town Center.
- Ample Hills Creamery now open on Disney's Boardwalk - This new shop offers 16 flavors of specialty ice cream.
- VIDEO: New Dining at The Daily Poutine at Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Ryno and Oliver try out the new Daily Poutine kiosk at Town Center at Disney Springs. This brand new Walt Disney World food kiosk offers Disney's take on the classic Canadian dish - poutine. They also offer a gourmet take on fries with an Italian, French and Latin version!
- VIDEO: New Dining at Sprinkles at Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Oliver, and Ryno see what all the fuss is about at Sprinkles' newest location in Town Center at Disney Springs. Will this cupcakery live up to the hype or be a delicatessen disaster?!
- VIDEO: New Dining at Amorette's Patisserie at Town Center | Disney Springs - Amorette's Patisserie is run by two sisters that pour love and affection into each of their pastries, which include different takes on classic desserts by the best Disney pastry chefs around.
- Disney Springs Town Center Photo Gallery
- VIDEO: Opening Day Impressions of Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver offer their first impressions of the newly opened Town Center at Disney Springs. Imagineering feat or fail? watch and see what they thought!
- Town Center opens at Disney Springs with conflicted results - Sunday, May 15th was the grand opening of Town Center at Disney Springs, which introduced 28 new shopping and dining locations along with new Lime Garage offering 2,000 more parking spaces.
- Beware the "Move Over Law" and other tips for driving to WDW - Driving to Disney can be pleasant and extremely convenient. Here are some handy tips for taking a road trip to see the Mouse.
- Flying Fish Cafe gets a new name and new interior design
- Pros and Cons to the Disney Dining Plan - My wife and I have used the Dining Plan on 4 different occasions now, sometimes even paying for it to be included and here I will outline what our Pros and Cons are and maybe some helpful tips for first timers.
- Charter bus and SUV collide near Disney's Animal Kingdom - Both vehicles caught fire and 11 people were taken to nearby hospitals.
- VIDEO: Take a walk around the newly opened Town Center at Disney Springs - Take a walk around the newly opened Town Center at Disney Springs
- VIDEO: New Dining at D-LUXE BURGER at Town Center | Disney Springs - Craig, Ryno and Oliver try out the new D-LUXE BURGER at Town Center at Disney Springs. This brand new Walt Disney World gourmet burger joint offers unique food and another chapter to the story of Disney Springs!
- New food stands coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios
- VIDEO: Best Attractions at Disney World | DIS Unplugged Minisode - Steve Porter, Oliver Green and Ryno Clavin list their personal top 3 favorite attractions at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Adventures in Solitude: An Introduction to My DIS Journeys as a Solo Traveler - I can say that traveling solo can be fun and fulfilling.
- Disney to eliminate Disney Dollars
- Walt Disney World Golf adds Golf Getaway Packages - These packages include rounds of golf, a hotel stay, pro shop credit, and theme park tickets.
- New designs available at Disney's MagicBand on Demand stations
- First-timers: Quick and Dirty Tips for Choosing Your Disney World Resort - You want to pick the perfect resort for your family...a hotel you will be excited to return to at the end of a long day. But how do you make that choice?
- Disney Visa offer available at Aulani - This offer is the same as is available to the general public (Save up to 30%), with the addition of a complimentary PhotoPass CD.
- Celebrate Your Birthday the Right Way at Disney! - I've decided to create a little guide to let you know just what you should do to make it your most magical birthday ever!
- Disney earnings call reports failure to meet revenue expectations
- Disney announces end of Disney Infinity franchise
- WDW for adults: the best bars and lounges - Besides signature restaurants and quick service dining, Walt Disney World is home to many bars and lounges that are ideal places for grown-up guests to take a break or have a light meal.
- Captain America: Civil War helps push Disney box office past $3 billion worldwide
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Save 30% on stays of 5 or more nights or 25% on 4-night stays! Book an Ocean or Partial Ocean View room and each person will receive a free meal at Ulu Cafe, per night of your stay. Book by 6/27/16 and get a $150 resort credit!
- Disney Springs' STK Steakhouse to open May 25
- The Scoop on the Disney Vacation Club Tour - When we were walking in the Asia section of Disney's Animal Kingdom and a Disney Vacation Club cast member waved us down, we decided to see what she had to say.
- Shanghai Disneyland TRON Lightcycles Power Run
- VIDEO: Disney Infinity 3.0: Marvel Battlegrounds Overview - An overview of the latest Disney Infinity 3.0 play set: Marvel Battlegrounds.
- 4 Best Ways to Stay Cool in a Disney Park - Working as a cast member in the Magic Kingdom I witnessed guests suffering from heat exhaustion often, and it was one of the most common reasons that guests had to leave the park to go to the hospital.
- Magic Kingdom's Diamond Horseshoe Restaurant to remain open through July 4
- Invictus Games begin at ESPN Wide World of Sports - The games will run through May 12.
- VIDEO: Giraffes on Mother's Day | Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Did you know there is a giraffe family at Kidani Village of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge? See how this giraffe family celebrates Mother's Day 2016!
- Disney Vacation Club tours to be offered through My Disney Experience
- Gown for Disney's new Latina princess created by Brazilian designer
- Crowds trash entrance to Shanghai Disneyland ahead of park opening
- Alden Ehrenreich to play young Han Solo
- Price increase for Disney's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - These prices will take effect May 10.
- 5 Planning differences between Walt Disney World & Disneyland - Beyond the different attractions and park layouts, there are things you might expect would be the same that are not.
- Premium Dessert Party to be offered during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - This package will include a reserved viewing location on Main Street, U.S.A. for the Mickey's "Boo-To-You" Halloween Parade, followed by desserts at the Tomorrowland Terrace and viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Nighttime Spectacular.
- Olaf meet and greet now open at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Tickets now on sale for Invictus Games' Closing Ceremonies - The Games are being held May 8-12 at ESPN Wide World of Sports.
- Tickets on sale for Walt Disney World's Halloween and Christmas parties
- VIDEO: Town Center Construction Walls Down | Disney Springs - Construction walls have come down around Town Center at Disney Springs and gives a better view of the new area opening soon!
- A Picky Eater's Experience at Disney Fine Dining, aka Signatures & Steak - It all seemed so fancy and definitely not my style. It seemed kind of intimating. Would a picky eater like me find anything to eat?
- Disney's Grand Floridian Villas now offering Grab and Go breakfast items
- Valet parking lot at Disney's Wilderness Lodge to be relocated
- VIDEO: Magic Kingdom Wedding | Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings - Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons now offers a 9:30 am wedding at the East Garden Plaza inside Disney's Magic Kingdom and it looks amazing!
- 10 Telltale signs you have Disney DNA - Some people just seem to exude Disney from the...inside out. Here is a list of 10 telltale signs that may help confirm your Disney DNA.
- Cirque du Soleil offers half-price child's tickets - Purchase a full-price adult ticket for shows May 31-July 23, 2016 and get a child's ticket for half off! Category 4 child's tickets will start as low as $24.
- Blizzard Beach to host "Frozen Games" at the end of May - Kristoff and Olaf have been invited by the Winter Games Committee to host a full day of "Frozen" activities, taking advantage of the "freak snowstorm over Central Florida".
- Official Disney Virtual 5k! - Anyone who has trained for a distance race in this internet age has likely seen various "Virtual Races" where you complete a distance at your own time and place, but still get the coveted bling at the end.
- Going Behind the Seeds at Epcot - This tour is offered in the Land pavilion at Epcot and takes you into the greenhouses of the Living with the Land boat ride.
- VIDEO: Town Center Construction Walls Down - Construction walls have come down around Town Center at Disney Springs.
- Registration now open for Food & Wine Festival preview event - The event will be held June 26, 2016 from 12:00-2:00pm and is open to Tables in Wonderland members.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes opening May 15 in Disney Springs' Town Center - Sprinkles Cupcakes will serve cupcakes, cookies, and slow-churned ice cream. They will also operate a nearby "cupcake ATM."
- What we love about the Disney Resorts - Deluxe edition - Members from The DIS team and Dreams Unlimited Travel share their favorite things about 4 specific Disney resorts - the Contemporary Resort, Beach Club Resort, Polynesian Village and Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Vintage Character Meet and Greets: 1990s edition - Back in the day (the 1900s!) you could find yourself meeting characters all over the parks just by your routine wanderings.
- Walt Disney World merchandise events and artist signings for May - List of artist signings and events held in the month of May around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- VIDEO: Arts & Crafts & Drinks: A Star Wars Story - Ryno and his craft padawan Steve set out to create a delicious beverage and a fun Star Wars themed craft for all. When hunger strikes, it's up to Ryno to come up with a fun themed food item as well!
- Disney Vacation Club planning Independence Day Dessert Party
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge DVC project to be named Copper Creek Cabins and Villas? - WDW News Today is reporting that the Disney Vacation Club project at Wilderness Lodge now has a name - Copper Creek Cabins and Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
- "TAG" Yourself with New Travel Accessories from Disney's Marketplace Co-Op - Thanks to the new TAG (Travel-Accessories-Gear) collection landing at the Marketplace Co-Op in Disney Springs, you can now travel in true Mickey fashion with pixie dust embellished goodies perfect for the busy traveler.
- Federal Court Rules for Disney in Lead DAS/Autism Lawsuit
- VIDEO: Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom with Ryno, Steve, and Oliver - Ryno, Steve, Oliver, and special guest Spencer try to play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. See how far they got and what they thought!
- Details on Disney's Pixar Party Pin Celebration 2016 - This event will be held August 26.
- VIDEO: Pecos Bill Lunch Date with Ryno & Steve | Magic Kingdom - Ryno & Steve are starving in Adventureland! Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe provides the sustenance and service they need to carry on with their magical day. See what they ate and what they thought about their lunch date!
- Majoring in Disney: One Student's Path To Becoming An Imagineer - Kristine Sanders is majoring in Disney at University of California, Berkeley.
- Leave the Phones Alone! Disney without the Devices. - There is a whole Disney World happening around me that I am missing out on.
- Discounted Disney After Hours tickets available for Annual Passholders and DVC members
- Disney puts out casting call for performers for new Jungle Book: Alive with Magic show
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa plans retro beach party
- VIDEO: Steve & Ryno Build Lightsabers | Hollywood Studios - Steve and Ryno set out to the now defunct Watto's Grotto to build their very own lightsabers at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Who stood on the side of light and who succumbed to the path of the dark side?
- 2016 First quarter injury report for Orlando theme parks - Walt Disney World reported seven injuries, Universal Orlando reported two, and SeaWorld reported none.
- New menu coming to Magic Kingdom's Skipper Canteen restaurant?
- Alberta Bound replacing TradNation at Epcot's Canada Pavilion
- The Evolution of a Family's Disney Vacation - I am raising my two kids in the ways of Disney.
- Discount on Cirque du Soleil tickets for Annual Passholders - Discounted ticket prices start at $59.
- Fulton's Crab House at Disney Springs to be renamed "Paddlefish"
- Late Summer Package offer at Walt Disney World - Discount available for stays most nights 8/1-11/5/16. Get a 4-night, 4-day stay at one of the All-Star Resorts with theme park tickets for a family of 4 for just $1,850!
- Kid-Sized Packages available at Walt Disney World - Get a 3-night, 2-day stay at one of the All-Star Resorts with theme park tickets for a family of 3 for just $998!
- Save up to 30% when booking a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 8/26-11/5/16.
- Free Dining Plan Offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Book a room and ticket package for select Walt Disney World resorts and get the Disney Dining Plan for free! Discount available for stays most nights 8/23-12/21/16.
- INTERVIEW: Former Disney Imagineer Hugh Darley
- Walt Disney World releases Free Dining promotion
- Walt Disney World PhotoPass offering Zootopia Animated Magic Shot
- Three new food kiosks coming to Disney Springs' Town Center
- Disney's Blizzard Beach water slides closed due to broken water pipe
- "Kawaii: Japan's Cute Culture" exhibit in Epcot's Japan Pavilion - Kawaii means "cute" and according to one of the signs, is basically a way of life to "make everyday life in Japan just a little cuter." The kawaii culture finds a way to make everything cute, even mundane objects and places like construction sites and supermarkets.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released