Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Van stolen from Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- World Showcase to offer special treats for the holidays - These are available beginning November 30.
- The Ganachery will open December 15 at Disney Springs - This new chocolate shop will feature a custom blend of freshly made ganache, a mixture of chocolate and cream.
- Character dance parties at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the holidays - A DJ character dance party and Club Disney will both be available.
- Time schedule for Epcot's Holiday Storytellers - Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- Acoustical group Quickstep to begin in Epcot's UK Pavilion - This group replaces the Paul McKenna Band.
- 4 Insanely Dangerous Things Parents do at Walt Disney World - Walt Disney World offers such an idealized version of the real world that parents often forget that their children can still get seriously hurt in the parks.
- Picking the Right Park for Each Day of Your Disney World Vacation - Four great parks, but what order do you visit them in and does it matter?
- Epcot's Canadian Lumberjack Show ending 11/24 - This will temporarily be replaced by the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
- 3 Reasons to Appreciate Classic Disney World Attractions - Since opening in 1971 Walt Disney World has seen many changes. Attractions have come and go, but some proved that they could withstand the test of time.
- How does a Magic Kingdom haircut sound? - The Harmony Barber Shop is an experience not to be missed.
- Data breach reported at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel - Affected dates at the Dolphin were November 5, 2014-April 13, 2015.
- Sunday brunch is now available at Narcoossee's - The price is $69 for adults and $41 for kids ages 3-9.
- 3 Reasons Why Construction at Walt Disney World is Good
- A new exhibit, Colortopia, opens in Epcot - Colortopia is located in Innoventions East.
- Fastpass added for Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom - These 25-minute shows feature more than 20 species of free-flying exotic birds.
- Typhoon Lagoon to be closed 11/23 - This is due to projected low temps in the area.
- 10 Reasons Why the Disney Parks Still Make Us Smile
- December 18 sold out for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Other dates are still available for the party.
- Tiffins restaurant coming to Animal Kingdom in 2016 - Tiffins will have waterfront views, indoor and outdoor seating and will be open for both lunch and dinner.
- Aulani to offer Christmas Dinner in the Kaiona Ballroom - This traditional holiday feast will feature live local entertainment and Disney characters available for photo ops.
- 2016's Flower & Garden Festival dates to be extended - The dates will be March 2 - May 30, 2016.
- 3 Best Ways to Save Time in Walt Disney World - A few tips on saving time can make for a much more relaxing trip to Walt Disney World.
- Great Wolf Lodge may be coming to Disney World area - They are still in negotiations to buy the property.
- 3 Healthy and Delicious Quick Service Meals at Walt Disney World - While a little culinary indulgence is a pleasure of any Disney trip, the good news is that there are plenty of meals – even quick service ones – that can fit into a healthy diet.
- UberBlack now allowed to pick up from Orlando International Airport - UberBlack is now allowed to transport passengers both to and from the Orlando International Airport.
- Why We Keep Coming Back to Walt Disney World - Hardcore Disney fans probably perplex clinical psychologists. This group of seemingly normal people has a compulsory need to return to Walt Disney World as often as possible.
- Monorail crash at Walt Disney World; no guests on board
- Do you want to spend the Ultimate day at the Beach? - More and more people are choosing to take a rest day from the parks and head for a relaxing day at the beach.
- New activities added at Sandcastle Club and Lilo's Playhouse Child Care Centers - Price is $55 per child from 4:30-midnight. 407-WDW-DINE for reservations.
- All-Star Movies Resort lobby briefly evacuated - A sheriff's spokeswoman said that nothing was found and the lobby was reopened, but she didn’t make it clear why the evacuation took place.
- A Delicious Journey Down Spice Road - There are more than 135 restaurants on property catering to basically everyone's palate, if not their wallets.
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - Book a 4 night stay at Aulani and get a 25% discount; book 5+ nights at Aulani and get a 30% discount.
- Lost Christmas Celebrations at Walt Disney World - The park and resort decorations make this the most magical time of the year to be in Walt Disney World.
- Osborne Lights to be live streamed on Nov. 18 - A live stream of the light display will be shown on the Disney Parks Blog Wednesday, November 18 at 10:30pm EST.
- Disneyland Paris to reopen Wednesday after Paris tragedy - In the wake of the tragic attacks in Paris that left nearly 130 people dead, Disneyland Paris will remained closed until Wednesday.
- Walt Disney World to accept digital Disney gift cards - Walt Disney World will begin accepting digital Disney gift cards as of November 16 at their merchandise stores and quick service restaurants.
- Is there value in a ticket for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? - It’s that magical time of year where one day you can be enjoying Halloween and then just a few days later, Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World is decorated for Christmas.
- Epcot's Captain EO to end December 6 and be replaced with Pixar short films - No opening date for the new attraction has been announced.
- Glidden opens Colortopia exhibit in Innoventions East - An interactive experience designed to teach about the different uses for color.
- Exclusive Star Wars Imperial Meet 'n' Greet for Disney Visa cardholders - Beginning December 1, this will be available from 11am-4pm at the Star Wars Launch Bay.
- The Misunderstood ABC Commissary - For this foodie who prefers unique sit-down meals, it’s a quiet quick service in Hollywood Studios that holds my heart: ABC Commissary.
- A Few Problems Adults Have at Walt Disney World
- Disney's Victoria & Albert's receives 16th AAA Five Diamond distinction - 30,000 restaurants are reviewed each year by the organization, but only 0.2 percent of those are honored with the AAA Five Diamond rating.
- 5 Things to Avoid at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - We've provided a list to help you decide how to get the most out of your visit to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
- 4 Things To Know While Planning Your First Trip To Walt Disney World - This article will provide some preliminary information for the Walt Disney World rookie who needs help planning his or her first trip.
- May 2016 Walt Disney World Park Hours
- Dinosaur Dance Party comes to Disney Springs to celebrate "The Good Dinosaur" - This event will take place November 21 and 22, 2015.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Photos
- Why Rides Stop At Walt Disney World - When working an attraction at Walt Disney World you learn that it's not a matter of if a ride will stop, or slow down, but how many times it will happen.
- Holiday Minnie package available at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - This will be available through 1/3/16.
- VIDEO: VoicePlay | Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 - VoicePlay brings their music to the Tomorrowland stage during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
- Orlando-area Westgate Resort honoring veterans with chance for free vacation - Westgate Resorts, who has several properties in Orlando as well as others across the U.S., are giving away 2,500 free vacations to former and current members of the U.S. military.
- Highlights of the 2015 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- New Finding Dory trailer released - The film is due out on June 17, 2016.
- Additional resort pool rehabs scheduled - Full list of rehabs for the Walt Disney World Resort.
- VIDEO: Christmas Medley with Santa Stitch & Friends - When A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show is cancelled, Santa Stitch and his friends hit the stage to lead the crowd in a song!
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 - Enjoy the highlights from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015.
- Disney Springs’ Planet Hollywood announces layoffs for 468 employees - Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs will be laying off 468 employees by January 19.
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel plans "Santa's Favorite Resort" holiday festivities
- Top 5 Unwritten Rules of a Disney Park
- Garden Grill now open for character breakfast and lunch - These meals will feature Chip, Dale and their friends.
- Film shot in secret at the Magic Kingdom - - The film revolves around the urban legend that Walt Disney's head was cryogenically frozen and is hidden below the Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Springs parking lots and garages to be named after Florida fruits - The different sections will all be named after types of fruit grown in Florida; it will take a couple of weeks to get all the signage installed.
- Disney reports positive numbers in the fourth quarter
- Schedule for the Electical Water Pageant adjusted through December - This "parade" has been performed nightly since October 26, 1971.
- Na'vi River Journey coming to Pandora - The World of AVATAR - This family-friendly attraction will send guests in canoes through Pandora.
- Disney Parks Blog to live stream A Frozen Holiday Wish - This will take place during the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party of the season - November 8.
- Twenty Eight & Main opens at Marketplace Co-Op - This new store offers stylish men's clothing and accessories.
- Review: Shake Shack on International Drive - Featuring a menu of gourmet burgers, hot dogs, fries, and frozen custard, Shake Shack opened up just this past August in the I-Drive 360 complex.
- VIDEO: The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 2015 | Disney's Hollywood Studios - The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights has been entertaining families at Walt Disney World for 20 years now and is in its final season of bringing holiday cheer during Christmas. Take a look at some of the hidden details in 4K 30p high definition!
- Exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - This year's card is "Olaf's Snowgies."
- A Sneak Peek at A “Frozen” Holiday Wish at Magic Kingdom - The Holidays have come to the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
- Star Wars Launch Bay rumored to be soft-opening on November 27 - This area in the old Disney Animation building will give guests a look into the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- ESPN Club reopens with a new menu - ESPN Club reopens with a new menu that includes specialty burgers, seafood mac & cheese and more!
- Why You Need To See The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights This Year - For 20 years the lights have been on display in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but due to coming construction to build Star Wars Land this is the last year of the The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.
- Review: Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf - Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf on International Drive is themed with sunken ships, barrels, and fake pirates and it is very family friendly.
- November Walt Disney World Merchandise events and signings - List of artist appearances around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- New Resort Rapid Fill mugs available at Walt Disney World Resorts - It’s that time of the year when Walt Disney World releases a new version of their Rapid Fill Resort Drink Mug.
- Blog - Disney Asks Court to Dismiss Autism/DAS Lawsuit
- Former Disney president Meg Crofton honored with a window on Main Street U.S.A. - Meg Crofton, former president of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ U.S. and France operations, has been honored for her service to the company with a window on Main Street, U.S.A. at the Magic Kingdom.
- Making Magical Memories Without Disney's Memory Maker - If you don’t want to pay the additional price for a Memory Maker Package, here are some tips for making your own magical memories on your next Disney vacation.
- Disney Parks continue partnership with the Orlando Magic
- Treating Cast Members with Respect - Visiting Walt Disney World is a magical experience for a family. Often overlooked are the cast members who make those magical moments a reality.
- "A Grand Brunch at 1900 Park Fare" to take place over the holiday season. - This will take place from 11/22-11/28/15 and 12/20/15-1/2/16.
- Gasparilla Grill introduces a different gourmet hot dog for each day of the week - The hot dogs are inspired by cities and states across the U.S. and will rotate each day.
- Schedule for Minnie's Seasonal Dine through next Halloween - The music, decor, costumes, menus and interactive musical moments will change with each season.
- Construction permits surface for Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Club Villain coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January - Club Villain is a specially ticketed event that will be hosted by Dr. Facilier. He will be joined by Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Cruella De Vil and the Evil Queen.
- Several Thanksgiving meals planned at Aulani - There are a variety of options available to guests at Aulani on Thanksgiving.
- 5 Tips for Disney World Straight from the Mouths of Kids - Kids give better advice about the Disney experience than adults do. So here are five Disney tips straight from the mouths of kids!
- Guests who loved Disney to Death - Here are five guests who chose not to listen to cast members, and didn’t have their own happy endings.
- Splash Mountain to be closed for a few days in January - This Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 1/10-1/14/16.
- Several resort pools closed through early next year - The closures range in length of duration.
- Reservations now open for Minnie's Seasonal Dine - Reservations are now open for the next event, which will take place from January 4-March 20.
- Annual Passholders to receive 10% discount at Morimoto ASIA - Discount will start November 1.
- 4 Reasons Why EPCOT's Future World Needs To Change - The glory days of EPCOT’s Future World has come and gone, but I will never doubt the creative abilities of Disney Imagineers, and I truly believe if they have the opportunity they can bring Future World not only back to its prime, but better than it has ever been.
- Victoria & Albert's honored by TripAdvisor
- Disney security guard denied attorney's fees after suing Walt Disney World
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released