Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales