Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
- Blog - 2015 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
- Surviving (Or Sharing) Disney World with A Non-Disney Fan
- Celebrate the release of Cinderella with a specialty cupcake - To celebrate, the pastry team at the Contemporary Resort created this special dessert, only available until March 31.
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid reopens at Magic Kingdom after refurb - The ride was closed for a month for improvements, including new lighting in the "Under the Sea" room.
- Star Wars Weekend's Galactic Gathering merchandise event planned - Attendees will receive exclusive access to purchase merchandise a day before it opens to the public. Cost to attend is $250 per person.
- Updated events and schedules for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - The Festival runs from March 4 - May 17, 2015.
- How Disney saved my life after my child lost hers
- List of Walt Disney World smoking areas updated - The list of smoking areas in the parks, water parks and Downtown Disney has been updated.
- Outdoor Kitchen menus for Epcot Flower and Garden Festival - Food and beverage kiosks are set up around World Showcase. These Outdoor Kitchens are themed to reflect each nation and offer a taste of the culture.
- 3 Things We’d Been Missing at the Magic Kingdom...Until Now - “You’re going again? Don’t you get bored? How can there be anything left to do?” Our answer is always no and yes. No, we’re not bored and yes, there are still things left to do.
- Backstage Tales begins today at Animal Kingdom - Taking place at the Animal Kingdom, guests will head backstage to check out the park's Veterinary Hospital, housing for animals and the Animal Nutrition Center.
- Egg-Stravaganza Easter egg hunt back for the second year - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot. When you've completed your map, return it for a special surprise!
- March merchandise events at Walt Disney World - Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings to be held around Walt Disney World in March.
- Blog - Magic Kingdom February Construction Update
- Backstage Safari tour ends today; the new Backstage Tales tour will begin March 1 - The new tour will be offered daily.
- New menu items added at Raglan Road - These have been released just in time for St. Patrick's Day.
- Dates announced for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Tickets will go on sale in April.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates announced; tickets on sale in April - Dates are available in September-November.
- Magic Kingdom resorts test direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon - As part of a test through March 28, Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary will share a direct bus to Typhoon Lagoon. The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian will do the same.
- Disney World's Pirates of the Caribbean to be closed for the summer - The ride will be closed from 5/11 - 9/25/2015.
- Why taking kids would never ruin a Disney Vacation - In response to the article Why I Wouldn’t Ruin My Disney Vacation By Taking Kids.
- Raglan Road's Mighty Festival: St Patrick's Week to be held March 13-17 - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, classic Irish food and drinks, face painting and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- WonderGround Gallery expands at Marketplace Co-Op - In early March, the WonderGround Gallery will expand into the area occupied by Beautifully Disney makeup.
- New menu items available at Downtown Disney's Fantasy Fare food truck - The food trucks are all located in Exposition Park, between Bongo's Cuban Cafe and Starbucks.
- ESPN's Mike and Mike show celebrates 15th anniversary with live broadcast - The live show will take place March 6, 2015 at the Waterside Stage, Downtown Disney Marketplace from 6:00-10:00am.
- Easy ways to stay healthy at Disney
- The Other Hawaii (Part 1): How to See the Best of the Islands from a Cruise Ship
- Blog - Have you ever wondered? A peek into the Disney details
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increased - As expected, a Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 per day.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 7: Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 6: Disney's Boardwalk Inn Resort
- List of several new drinks planned for Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 5: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Save up to 30% on a stay at Aulani - booking date extended! - Savings Include: 3-night stays: 10% off, 4-night stays: 20% off, or 5-or more night stays: 30% off
- Blog - Federal Court Dismisses Lawsuit Alleging "Frozen" is "My Life Story"
- Seven Resorts In Seven Days Part 4: Disney's Beach Club Resort
- List of sample menu items from this year's upcoming Flower and Garden Festival - This year's Festival will be held March 4-May 17, 2015.
- 2015 Star Wars Weekends info and artwork released - More info still to come.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released