Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- New additions to menu at Studio Catering Company - New sandwiches and a vegetable wrap are available.
- Space Mountain to be closed for 4 days in April - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from April 20-23.
- First look: Photos of Disney's new Polynesian Villas & Bora Bora Bungalows
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom - This meet and greet will take place through April 5.
- "Kid-sized" package offer available for Walt Disney World - Available for stays select nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Save up to 30% with a Room Only offer at select Walt Disney World resorts - Valid for stays most nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Disney Visa cardholders - Save up to 30% with a Disney World Room Only offer - This offer is expected to open to the general public on Monday, March 23.
- Innoventions West undergoing changes for "a new experience" - The sponsorship agreements with the current exhibitors are ending. A Disney spokeswoman said the three current tenants are leaving and they will be replaced, but exact details about the exhibit's future are not yet known.
- 38 Special and Air Supply to perform at Eat to the Beat concerts - Disney hasn't officially released the schedule yet, but 38 Special and Air Supply have the Eat to the Beat concerts listed on their official tour pages. 38 Special: 10/10-10/11/15 and Air Supply: 10/19-10/21/15
- Breakfast test begins at Be Our Guest Restaurant today - This is a test and will last through June 18.
- Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party to become Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party - Reservations open March 20 for parties July 5 and beyond.
- Details released for Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This event will take place June 17-September 7, 2015.
- "Baseball Tonight" to broadcast live from ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - The shows will take place March 23-27, 2015.
- Five Guests who turn into Disney Villains
- 2015 Wine and Dine Half Marathon registration now open - This event will take place 11/6-11/7/15.
- Driving to Disney - do you drive overnight or during the day?
- Breakfast menu available for Be Our Guest Restaurant - A start date for breakfast has not yet been announced.
- Walt Disney World room only offer - only 2 more weeks to book! - Save up to 25% on rooms at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for stays most nights 3/2-6/15/15. Book by 3/28/15.
- Blog - Animal Kingdom Construction Update
- Doc McStuffins meet and greet added at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Doc will begin greeting guests in May in the Animation Courtyard.
- Winged Encounters - The Kingdom Takes Flight moves to location in front of Tree of Life - This show takes place several times per day and showcase six different varieties of macaws (hyacinth, green-winged, blue and gold, scarlet, blue-throated and military).
- Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace switch locations - Aloha Isle in now located behind the Magic Carpets of Aladdin. Sunshine Tree Terrace is now near the front of Adventureland.
- Blog - Review: "Cinderella" is impressive, but was it and "Frozen Fever" necessary?
- Arriving Early At Magic Kingdom
- Our family's must-do's at each Disney World theme park
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within The Magic Kingdom
- Direct bus route to be tested between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - It will run from the middle of the day until one hour after the water parks close. This will allow guests to "hop" between water parks like they do with the theme parks.
- Cinderella's Royal Table reopens after refurbishment - The popular Magic Kingdom restaurant has been closed since January.
- Sun Shades by Sunglass Hut to open at Blizzard Beach - Blizzard Beach is currently closed through March 14 for its yearly refurbishment.
- 5 Reasons Leaving a Park to Save Money on Food is a Bad Idea
- Adjusted schedule for the Express beam monorails - The Express beam (between the TTC and Magic Kingdom) will shut down on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 11:30am and 6pm from 3/10/15 - Summer 2015.
- Food Truck Takeover at Downtown Disney - The Fantasy Fare food truck will serve menu items from Shutters at Old Port Royale this weekend.
- Polynesian East Pool to be closed from 4/13 - 12/31/15 - The main pool will be reopened before this one closes.
- FREE $25 Universal Orlando Gift Card with Vacation Package! - NEW - Receive a FREE $25 Universal Orlando Gift Card with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Exclusive Vacation Package!
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released