Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Getting to grips with MyMagic+ - This is my experience of using MyDisneyExperience & MyMagic+: my likes, dislikes, what I found useful when booking and tips I would like to pass on to help you plan your next Walt Disney World vacation.
- What is Your Family's Ideal Number of Days at Disney? - Do you prefer to take more frequent shorter trips or long trips less often?
- Be Our Guest breakfast test extended through July 18 - This was originally scheduled to end June 18.
- Expedition Everest Challenge will end after this year - This Animal Kingdom race will be held May 1-2, 2015.
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney today - Waterfront margarita bar, themed like a Florida fruit stand from the 1960s and serving handcrafted margaritas and authentic Florida brews.
- Family Dining at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for $100 a Day - Dining at Walt Disney World can be an enjoyable experience. It can also empty your wallet faster than you can lick your lips. What can you do?
- Teen Beach 2 Beach Party coming to Typhoon Lagoon - This will take place daily from May 22-July 5, 2015.
- Happy 17th Birthday to Disney's Animal Kingdom! - Animal Kingdom opened on Earth Day - April 22, 1998.
- Mother's Day dining at Walt Disney World - Celebrate your mom with a special dinner at the Walt Disney World Resort on May 10.
- Dead Men Tell No Tales this Summer - It's sad, but our favorite Buccaneers will be taking a break from pillaging and plundering this summer whilst the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction will be undergoing a much needed extensive rehab before it sets sail again in September.
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab moved back to June 8 - This was originally scheduled to begin May 11.
- DISAPALOOZA Diagon Alley Party - December 05, 2015 - Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc, The DIS and the DISUnplugged are proud to announce details of this year's DISapalooza Event. We will be renting out all of Diagon Alley for the enjoyment of our guests! December 05, 2015 (9:00 p.m. - midnight) Price: $75/person
- What are your favorite souvenirs from Disney? - Souvenirs can be a great way to remember a special moment you had at the parks or even just a way to bring Disney into your everyday life.
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within EPCOT - Combine the heat and humidity with walking, and possibly pushing strollers, and your day at the park can be down right exhausting.
- Coronado Springs Business Class, Worth it or Not? - What are the perks and are they worth it?
- Why You Should Plan To Divert From Your "Plan" - Some of the greatest experiences we had were totally unexpected and not where you'd think they'd occur.
- Innoventions West exhibits closing April 29 - This is a change from the previously announced April 30.
- Sounds Like Summer Concert Series performers and dates announced - This year's concerts will be June 7-July 25, 2015.
- Blog - Downtown Disney Construction Update
- Creating A Theme Park Adventure - Indulge me in releasing our nostalgia for what Hollywood Studios once was or was meant to be.
- The Great Reveal Debate: When to tell the kids about your Disney vacation - Do you like to surprise your kids at the last minute or let them know well in advance of the trip? We’ve done both and there are definitely advantages and disadvantages to both.
- Dockside Margaritas opening at Downtown Disney April 23 - Waterfront margarita bar, themed like a Florida fruit stand from the 1960s and serving handcrafted margaritas and authentic Florida brews.
- Walt Disney World for Teens - Walt Disney World often has a reputation of being for young kids or families and not necessarily for teens.
- Disney Springs' "World Showcase of Flavors" - As new residents of Orlando we were excited to try the new food truck area at Disney Springs.
- A Few Obscure Things That Could Ruin Your Disney Vacation
- Spending the afternoon at a hidden gem: Tom Sawyer Island
- The Whole World and Beyond - In 27 Square Miles!
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium Packages now available - Cost is $69 adults, $39 children (ages 3-9).
- it's a small world closes for rehab - The attraction will reopen later this week.
- Be Our Guest breakfast can now be pre-ordered - Pre-ordering is available from 30 days to 5 minutes prior to the reservation time.
- Menu for The BOATHOUSE at Downtown Disney - This restaurants is located on the water in the Pleasure Island area of Downtown Disney.
- Walt Disney World's Jungle Cruise closes for refurb - This Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed through May 18.
- The BOATHOUSE opens today at Downtown Disney - This upscale, waterfront restaurant is one of the newest restaurants to join the Disney Springs area.
- 4 Reasons Why Disney Should Consider Bringing Back 3 Of The Original Hotel Concepts
- Five Things You Should Know Before Visiting Disneyland Paris
- Dooney & Bourke release at Downtown Disney - The Runway Princess collection and the Beach collection will be released on April 25 at Cherry Tree Lane at Marketplace Co-Op.
- Disney Myth buster: A Disney Vacation is Too Expensive - Let's break down the numbers and compare exactly how Disney stacks up against other common vacation destinations.
- This Dad's Disney "Duh" Moments - In order to help my fellow Disney fan dads, I decided to put together a short list in hopes that you will have fewer "duh" moments on your trip.
- Sleeper Pick, Best Resort for Tots: Bay Lake Tower - When choosing which resort in Walt Disney World to stay at with young children, many parents take into consideration how "kid-friendly" the resort appears to be.
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party tickets now on sale - The Party will be held select nights November 8-December 18, 2015.
- Night of Joy tickets now available - Night of Joy will be held this year on September 11-12.
- Tickets now on sale for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party will be held on select nights September 15-November 1, 2015.
- What's in your Disney park bag?
- Premium packages and VIP tour details for Star Wars Weekends - The packages offer reserved viewing for several of the weekend's events.
- Main pool reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - The pool has been closed for several months for a remodel.
- Main pool at Contemporary Resort to be closed in September - The pool will be closed for maintenance September 8-10, 2015.
- Convenient dining options near the Disney World parks - Sometimes on a Walt Disney World vacation, you find yourselves looking for dining options out of the parks, but still not too far away.
- Tables in Wonderland special dining events announced - Jiko wine dinners will be held April 18 and 19.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released