Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Spooky Adventures: THREE New Haunted Mansion Books Set for Release - The books are geared towards different age levels and each have their own unique spin on the attraction itself.
- VIDEO: Saturday Stroll around Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail | Disney's Animal Kingdom - Take a walk around the Gorilla Falls Expedition Trail in Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom in this week's Saturday Stroll around Walt Disney World - 06/25/16.
- VIDEO: Les Parfaits Inconnus in Canada | Epcot - Stop and take a moment to watch the new entertainment at the Canada Pavilion in World Showcase - Les Parfaits Inconnus. A strange street circus band mash-up that seems to be impressing audiences.
- Frontera Cocina now open at Disney Springs - The menu offers fresh Mexican cuisine.
- What Types Of People Hate the Disney Parks? - As a lifelong enthusiast of the Disney Parks and former cast member I was curious what the criticizers had to say about the Disney Parks.
- VIDEO: Princess Meet & Greets | Epcot - Get a chance to meet your favorite Disney characters like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Mulan from Mulan, and Anna from Frozen ALL at the World Showcase in Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort!
- New Food & Wine experiences at the Walt Disney Resort Hotels
- Release party scheduled for new Dooney & Bourke handbags and MagicBands
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2016 Preview
- VIDEO: Lunch at La Cantina de San Angel | Epcot - Join Oliver as he reviews the nachos at La Cantina de San Angel located in the Mexico pavilion in Epcot at Walt Disney Wold.
- Is Disney Pricing Out the Middle Class? - I wanted to see how much of a difference there actually is from the 1990s to today in the percentage of income the middle class spends on tickets for a week's vacation.
- Hosts of ABC's "The Chew" return to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Kiosks at Walt Disney World to sell portable chargers for mobile devices
- Disney releases first "Moana" trailer
- 2016 Holiday Wishes Dessert Premium Package - The party will feature holiday-themed cupcakes and desserts, as well as reserved viewing for the parade and fireworks.
- Journey to the Northern Lights with New Frozen Book Series - Disney announced this week a new extension to the Frozen universe: Frozen Northern Lights, an original story set in the kingdom of Arendelle including a collection of books, animated shorts from LEGO and a full compilation set to air on Disney Channel this fall, and even digital extensions.
- Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's? - If you are new to the character dining experience, I offer my opinion on two popular breakfast character dining experiences located outside of the theme parks - 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's.
- Preview of Pete's Dragon coming to Disney Parks
- Slate of Pixar films set through 2020
- Updated pricing for Disney's golf courses - Resort Guest & Day Visitor Rates are per person and include greens fee, use of electric cart and pre-round practice balls.
- Why The Disney Stores Need To Make A Comeback - Regardless of the Disney Store's weird history, I am hoping now that the United States' economy is getting better, that The Walt Disney Company will beginning opening back up the stores that were closed.
- Disney Vacation Club to build at Caribbean Beach?
- FastPass+ for Pirates of the Caribbean being awarded during interactive Pirates Adventure game
- Walt Disney World reopens resort beaches and watercraft
- New menu items and Frozen-themed desserts at Epcot's Kringla Bakeri og Kafe
- Search suspended for alligator responsible for deadly attack at Disney hotel
- Epcot Is Crumbling And Disney Doesn't Seem To Care - When Walt Disney wanted to build Disney World in Orlando, Florida, Epcot was going to be the crowning jewel. After Walt Disney's death the entire concept of Epcot changed from being a futuristic city to a theme park.
- Frozen Ever After opens to long lines in the Norway Pavilion
- Refillable popcorn buckets coming to Walt Disney World
- Pull Your Dress Down, Your Jealousy is Showing: Why I Will No Longer Feel Guilty About Going to Disney - My family and I travel to Disney at least once a year, and most of the time, twice a year. When I mention that I will be off from work, I get the usual question of "Where are you going?"
- Two Walt Disney World Experts Discuss Disneyland - Based on our level of WDW knowledge, we sought to discuss Disneyland and what is different or unique about Walt's original park and the planning that goes into visiting the west coast.
- VIDEO: NEW Frozen Ever After 4K POV | Epcot - Take a ride through Arendelle with Olaf and Sven to meet-up with friends like Kristoff, Anna, Elsa, and more in Epcot's newest attraction, Frozen Ever After!
- VIDEO: NEW Anna & Elsa Royal Sommerhus Meet & Greet | Epcot - Head into Anna & Elsa's Royal Sommerhus to meet everyone's favorite Frozen characters. Take in all of the details along the way!
- Disney's Animal Kingdom expanding bus loading area
- VIDEO: Best Disneyland Attractions NOT AT Walt Disney World | Celebrating Disneyland - Join the members from the Disney World and Disneyland Editions of The DIS Unplugged as they discuss the best attractions at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure that you won't find at Walt Disney World!
- VIDEO: NEW "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire" Castle Stage Show | Magic Kingdom - Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire replaces Dream Along With Mickey, the long running Cinderella Castle stage show, and brings with it new Disney characters including Tiana, Naveen, Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Anna, Elsa and Olaf, along with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy!
- 3 Disney Dining Experiences You Should Try At Least Once - One of my favorite times in planning my trips to Disney is the day I make my dining reservations.
- The Pros and Cons of Working in Walt Disney World - List of pros and cons from a former Walt Disney World cast member.
- Walt Disney World releases 2017 packages
- Photos of the new Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet at the Norway Pavilion
- List of 2017 Disney Dining Plan Participating Restaurants - More restaurants will be added as the year goes on and we get closer to 2017. Many restaurants, particularly at Disney Springs and Epcot, are not owned and operated by Disney, so it takes longer to finalize details with them.
- 2017 Disney Dining Plan - Most Character Meals Will Be One Credit
- Epcot's Gran Fiesta Tour and La Cantina de San Angel to open early
- Walt Disney World Character Meet-And-Greet Guide: Epcot - I saved Epcot for last because it's my favourite place to meet the characters in Walt Disney World.
- Details on 2017 Disney Dining Plans at Walt Disney World
- Update on water-related activities at Walt Disney World
- Changes in character locations at the Magic Kingdom
- New experiences debut at Walt Disney World
- Updates to Magic Kingdom Smoking Areas
- Legal experts discuss possibility of lawsuit in deadly alligator attack at Disney
- 3 Big Concerns To Have About The Future Of Walt Disney World - Disney still delivers the best guest experience in the theme park industry, but in the foreseeable future they are about to have a couple of big problems that could turn the guest experience sour.
- Fence under construction at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Children's Pool at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort to close
- Alligator warning signs to be added on Disney resort beaches
- Walt Disney World ferry boats back in service; all other watercraft suspended
- How To Use Disney World's Fastpass+ System Effectively - Here are 10 tips that will hopefully help you and your family to use the FastPass+ system more effectively and really make it enhance your theme park experiences.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released