Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century dťcor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Cafť is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Walking in Waltís Footsteps: Marceline Edition Part 1 - It is often said that Walt drew upon his time in Marceline for the inspiration for Disneylandís Main Street, U.S.A. We visited Marceline late on a Saturday afternoon.
- Updated menu for Gardens Kiosk at Animal Kingdom - A new menu is available now that Flame Tree Barbecue Restaurant has reopened.
- Flame Tree Barbecue Restaurant reopens with a few menu changes - A Jamaican Jerk Salad and a Watermelon Salad have been added to the menu. Jalepeno cornbread replaces coleslaw as a side.
- Disney Visa cardholders can save 35% at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Disney Visa cardholders can save 35% on Deluxe Studio-Standard View rooms when staying most nights 7/5/15-10/3/15.
- When you are shaped more like Buzz or Woody than Snow White - For people like myself, of size, visiting a theme park comes with some concerns.
- Confirmed: The Magic of Disney Animation will close July 12 - A Disney spokeswoman said, "Work is underway on a new experience, and we look forward to sharing more information in the future."
- Walt Disney World merchandise events for July 2015 - List of artist appearances and signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- D-Zone relaxation area to be added to Innoventions West - Guests will be able to find food carts, seating and charging stations here.
- Captain EO to return to Epcot July 19 - It has been on hiatus for a few months for sneak previews of Tomorrowland and Inside Out.
- Animal Kingdom Updates - Two new shops have opened since my last update and I highly recommend you check them out.
- Flame Tree BBQ restaurant rehab extended through June 29 - The restaurant should reopen July 1.
- 2016 Disney Dining Plan pricing - Price list for the Quick-Service, Regular and Deluxe Dining Plans.
- Classic Shows Breathe New Life Thanks to FastPass+ - OK, Iím a nostalgic kind of person. For me, what keeps me coming back are the classic attractions and shows.
- List of 2016 Disney Dining Plan participating restaurants - More restaurants are generally added toward the end of the year as contracts with non-Disney owned and operated restaurants are finalized.
- What Souvenirs Are Worth The Money At A Disney Park? - In my opinion souvenirs are crucial in bringing the Disney memories home with you, but how many of them end up in the back of your closet?
- Walking in Walt's Footsteps: Kansas City Edition - We decided to visit a couple of landmarks important to the history of the Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney himself.
- Animal Kingdom to test opening the Oasis area 30 minutes early - This will only take place on mornings that do not have Extra Magic Hours.
- Hot Cheese Sauce removed from Disney World counter service restaurants - It may be available behind the counter if guests request it, but there's no indication if this is a permanent possibility or if that supply will go away too.
- Registration details for Tables in Wonderland's Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - The event will be held Sunday, July 12, 2015 from 12:00-2:00pm.
- Walt Disney World plans 4th of July festivities - There are special fireworks planned for Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
- Living with the Land will be closed for a week in September - The Epcot ride will be closed for refurbishment 9/8/2015 - 9/17/2015.
- Annual passholder and DVC discounts added to World Showcase DestiNations Discovered tour - Annual passholders will receive a 10% discount and DVC members will receive a 15% discount.
- Candlelight Processional dates and dining package prices - This year's event will be held November 27 - December 30, 2015. Narrators will be announced at a later date.
- Splash Mountain added to evening Extra Magic Hours
- Coronado Springs fitness center and Casitas pool to be closed for 3 months - Fitness Center and Casitas Leisure Pool closed 7/5/2015 - 10/12/2015. The main pool and other leisure pools will be open during this time. There will be a temporary fitness center in the Casitas area.
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages released - Information for 2016 packages has been released and these are now available for booking.
- Great Movie Ride offers new photo op - Guests can take part in a new photo op outside the Chinese Theater, allowing them to walk the red carpet and put their hands in "cement" just like the stars.
- Disney resort pools hosting Disney Jr. Pool Parties - Music and activities will be themed around Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Miles from Tomorrowland and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Pool staff will lead young guests in games like "Sofia Says", sing-a-longs and dance parties.
- Be Prepared! EPCOTís Plan for the Massive Influx of Children Will Be... Nothing? - My EPCOT Center has been gone for awhile...and although Iíve slowly been dealing with what I see as a neglected, bare-boned version (now with even less attractions), new problems are popping up from a lack of vision for this parkís future.
- Animal Kingdom Starbucks donates portion of sales for animal conservation - For every Starbucks Flat White Latte sold, a portion of the sale price will benefit conservation programs to save the cotton-top tamarin in Colombia. The drink's look represents the cotton-top tamarin's white fur on top of their heads.
- Watch faces soon available for MagicBands - This summer, two watch faces will be introducted for MagicBands - a Minnie analog face and a black digital face.
- Discounted two round golf pass available - Play two rounds of golf, any day, any time, any course for a discounted rate.
- Starbucks opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - This is located in the old Creature Comforts location.
- A Tale of Two Disney Birthdays - Is it alright to wear a birthday button if it is not actually your birthday?
- 2016 Aulani vacation packages now available for booking - Packages are available for booking for dates 1/1/16 and beyond, but cannot be booked more than 499 days in advance.
- Experiencing the Disney theme parks while pregnant - Being pregnant at Disney can make it a different vacation, but still very fun.
- Zuri's Sweets Shop opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The treats will all be inspired by Africa and many will be unique to this location.
- Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! begins today at Hollywood Studios - The world of Frozen is taking over Hollywood Studios this summer! Spend the day enjoying the interactive experiences!
- Walt Disney World package offers available for families - A "Kid-sized package" and a "Magic Together" package are both available. Valid for stays select nights 8/15/15 - 10/3/15.
- Summer room only offer for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders - Valid for stays most nights 6/16/15 - 8/27/15.
- Tips for planning your 2016 Walt Disney World vacation - Walt Disney World will be releasing the pricing and availability for 2016 rooms and packages on June 22, 2015.
- Rustlin' up some grub at Disney's Trail's End Restaurant - Recently we tried Trail's End Restaurant at Disney's Fort Wilderness campground, and were not disappointed.
- Summer room offer for Florida residents - Valid for stays most nights 6/6/15 - 8/13/15.
- Review: Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine at Star Wars Weekends - This dinner is held at Hollywood and Vine Restaurant and is a dinner buffet featuring Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip and Dale all dressed as Star Wars characters.
- Zuri's Sweets Shop coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom - This will be located in Harambe Market and will feature 80 new items such as decorative candy apples, flavored chocolate bars and popcorn.
- Walt Disney World adds more allergy-friendly menus - Allergy-friendly menus will be available at Magic Kingdom, the Deluxe hotels and Trail's End Restaurant later this month.
- A World of Lights: Aulani Edition - A showcase of uniquely themed light features at Aulani.
- 2016 Walt Disney World packages open for booking June 22! - Request a quote today to be added to our waitlist!
- Tony's Town Square Restaurant doing away with separate lunch and dinner times - Beginning July 3, the restaurant will be open straight through from 11:00am - 9:30pm.
- Taking a Disney Babymoon: 10 Ways to Make it Extra Special - Here are 10 tips I can offer to make your Disney babymoon a memorable experience.
- Tips for saving money on a Disney vacation - Disney fans are always on the lookout for deals and ways to save money in order to make another trip back to the magic.
- Norway Pavilion's Frozen attraction rumored to be opening May 1, 2016 - This attraction will be replacing the Maelstrom.
- Pizzafari will no longer serve breakfast - Breakfast at this Animal Kingdom restaurant will end June 17, as the park's new Starbucks will serve breakfast beginning June 18.
- Pirates of the Caribbean rehab begins - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from June 8-September 25.
- Starbucks to open at Animal Kingdom June 18 - This will open on Discovery Island in the former Creature Comforts location.
- "Frozen Fever" short to be shown at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The new animated short, Frozen Fever, will be shown in the ABC Sound Studio from June 17-September 7.
- PhotoPass to be available at Disney water parks - PhotoPass photographers will be stationed at the water parks through Labor Day.
- Kids golf free in the afternoons at Aulani - Kids under 17 can golf free after 3:00pm at the Ko Olina Golf Club when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Blog - Disney Parks Take Top Six Spots In America Last Year
- Tables in Wonderland hosts Jiko Wine Dinner - This event will be held at Animal Kingdom Lodge on Thursday, June 11.
- Bus Roulette at Walt Disney World - The rules are simple, you jump on the first bus that comes.
- Mickey's Backyard BBQ now open 4 days per week - New food items have been added to the menu as well.
- 5 Surprisingly Romantic Spots in a Disney Park - There are actually many overlooked areas in the parks that are surprisingly romantic.
- New details for the 2015 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - New premium events and a kids' scavenger hunt have been added for this year.
- June merchandise events for Walt Disney World - List of merchandise events and artist appearances/signings around the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney Dining Guide: San Angel Inn Restaurante - A look at one of the first options you come to when entering the World Showcase from the Mexican side.
- VIDEO: NEW Brunch at Chef Mickey's Overview - The menu expands from the regular breakfast offerings and includes: soup, salads (caesar, seafood, broccoli, antipasto, chicken and caprese), hot dishes (BBQ ribs, seafood etouffee, baked salmon). Mickey waffles, ice cream and bakery treats are also on the menu.
- Thinking About the Relative Cost of Disney... - How does the price of a day at Disney compare to the price of other forms of recreation?
- TCM updates have been added to The Great Movie Ride - After months of anticipation, the TCM changes to The Great Movie Ride are now in place and bring new life to one of the most dated attractions at Walt Disney World.
- Changes to Disney's Rapid Fill Mugs in Walt Disney World - Do you purchase a rapid fill mug for your resort stay or do you purchase single-serving cups or bottles?
- 5 Life Lessons I Learned From Visiting Walt Disney World
- Tusker House: Character Dining At Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Eat to the Beat Concert Series schedule released - The 2015 schedule for Epcot's Eat to the Beat Concert Series has been released and includes new artists Tiffany, Everclear and Chaka Khan.
- Can you take the heat? Going to Disney World in the summer - Itís no surprise that Florida is hot and humid. But, what do you do when you really want to go to Disney World and the only available time is the summer?
- Tables in Wonderland presents Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Sneak Preview - Sample foods and beverages from this year's Festival.
- Best Places To Take Mid-Day Breaks Within Disney's Hollywood Studios - Try taking a break from the action within the parks without hiking all the way back to the resort.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Residence Inn Maingate
- New stage show for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - Disney has a announced a new "Hocus Pocus" themed villains show for this year's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Star Wars, Star What ?!? - Why a non Star Wars fan should attend Star Wars weekends
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Knott's Berry Farm
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Sheraton Park
- New Epcot tour- World Showcase DestiNations Discovered - This 5-hour walking tour will take guests backstage at the World Showcase.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - California Adventure
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Grand Californian
- Blog - I Can Go the Distance...Now That I've Processed My Race Deferral
- Harambe Market opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom - This new quick-service location is located behind the Mombasa Marketplace.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Hilton Anaheim
- Hoypoloi closing at Downtown Disney 5/25/15 - It will be replaced by United World Soccer in July.
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Howard Johnson Anaheim
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Downtown Anaheim
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Hotel
- 7in7+ Disneyland Edition - Disneyland Park
- 'Paint the Night' Full Nighttime Electrical Parade - 'Paint the Night' is the brand new nighttime electrical parade at Disneyland for the 60th Anniversary Celebration. 'Paint the Night' originated in Hong Kong Disneyland and proved popular enough to replicate for Disneyland Park, with just a few improvements like the Main Street Electrical Parade drum float leading off the parade and a brand new Frozen float with Anna, Elsa and Olaf!
- VIDEO: 'World of Color - Celebrate' Full Show with Outros - World of Color - Celebrate tells the story and legacy of Walt Disney as narrated by Neil Patrick Harris and the one and only Mickey Mouse. The story starts with Walt creating Mickey Mouse and showing his evolution before moving into Walt's progression into feature length animation. The story wraps with Disneyland and remembering that it was all started by a mouse.
- VIDEO: The Force Awakens and Star Tours in 'World of Color - Celebrate' - In the brand new World of Color - Celebrate, Star Wars - The Force Awakens and Star Tours make an appearance in the show highlighting the great things to come from Walt Disney's life as hosted by Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse.
- Life Through the Disney Lens
- New additions announced for Disney Springs - There are several retail stores and dining venues on the list.
- Blog - Review: "Tomorrowland" perfectly channels Walt Disney's philosophy and spirit
- Blog - Top 5 ways to be a good guest at Walt Disney World - Do's and Don'ts
- Blog - Star Wars Weekend Merchandise Hits the Shelves
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released