Regal Sun Resort
Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, you will find the Old English-designed
Grosvenor Resort. As an official hotel of Walt Disney
the Grosvenor Resort offers some of the amenities that
guests of the Walt Disney World Resorts enjoy. Situated on 13 acres, the
Grosvenor Resort has a 19-story peach stucco tower,
flanked by two garden wings. The spacious and comfortable lobby features an elegant British and Colonial interior design.
Guests of the Regal Sun Resort will receive a Downtown Disney Value Discount Passport. This passport will allow them to use the Disney transportation system and gives discounts to some restaurants and attractions in the area.
Complimentary transportation to all 4 Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, 2 of the 3 water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach) and Pleasure Island is offered to guests of the Regal Sun Resort. Pick-ups for the Theme Parks are scheduled every 30 minutes from 1 hour prior to park opening until 2 hours after the parks close. Buses to the Magic Kingdom will drop guests off at the Ticket & Transportation Center and you can ride Disney's fun monorail system in the rest of the way to the Magic Kingdom. For transportation to the water parks, check with the Guest Services desk for the scheduled morning and afternoon pick-ups. Pleasure Island bus transportation is offered every 30 minutes from 6 p.m. until 3 a.m. Downtown Disney Marketplace and Downtown Disney West Side are only a 5-10 minute walk. Here is a tip for guests who don't want to wait for the Downtown Disney Hotel shuttle when returning from the parks. Take a Downtown Disney Marketplace/West Side bus and walk across the street back to the Resort.
Regal Sun Resort Rooms
Grosvenor Resort Tower offers breathtaking panoramic
views of the Downtown Disney area and lush Florida
landscape. There are two views offered in the 626 rooms
and suites found at the Grosvenor. Tower
rooms are 320 square feet and have a traditional interior
hotel hallway entrance. Each tower room offers a view
of the Orlando skyline or overlooking the Walt Disney
World Resort with a nightly fireworks view. The
Grosvenor Courtyard rooms may overlook the beautifully
landscaped courtyard, windmill-shaped pool, tennis courts
or the surrounding gardens and landscaped areas. These
rooms have exterior entranceways.
Rooms decorated in soothing tropical shades accented with light oak furnishings, can hold up to 5 guests and have two double beds (or one king-sized bed), a nightstand with clock radio, video cassette player, telephone, dresser, table and chairs. The satellite TV has the Disney channel, and pay-per-view movies are available for an extra charge. Other amenities include a coffee maker, complimentary cappuccino, international teas as well as regular coffee and tea, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and a safe. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find a computer data port on the phone in each room. Enjoy complimentary fresh-brewed coffee and tea daily in the comfort of your guest room, and a daily newspaper delivered at your request.
Non-smoking and handicapped accessible rooms are available.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Regal Sun Resort Dining
authentic 19th century décor found in the Regal Sun Resort restaurants includes a "Sherlock Holmes" museum in Baskervilles Restaurant. For dinner, enjoy
the fine dining from the world class menu, and if you
ask for a table by the back window, you can feast your
eyes on the stunning view of Lake Buena Vista as well.
The all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet is coupled with
some beloved Disney characters 3 mornings a week. Different
themed all-you-can-eat buffets nightly featuring succulent
prime rib au jus! For added
fun on Saturday nights, the entertaining Murderwatch
Mystery Dinner Theatre has two performances. This
interactive event involves the audience participation
in solving the murder (and you can win prizes for doing
so), while dining on the delicious Prime Rib buffet.
Tickets are available in advance by calling (407)827-6534.
A Children's Buffet is also available. Baskervilles
is open for lunch where the menu is a la carte.
Open 24 hours, Crumpets Café is a deli/market that offers guests something quick and light. This self-serve location is located just off of the lobby.
Enjoy a glass of ale, shoot a game of pool, play a game of darts and chat with friends at the old English-style pub, Moriarty's Pub.
Sports fans will delight in the big screen TV at the Crickets Sports Lounge located in the Grand Lobby of the Grosvenor. Sip on the cocktail or specialty coffee of choice, and relax and watch your favorite sporting event in the comfortable chairs.
Poolside guests can satisfy their hunger and thirst at Barnacles Poolside where snacks and beverages are offered.
Room service is offered for guests who prefer to dine in the privacy of their own room.
Regal Sun Resort Pools & Recreation
Regal Sun Resort boasts an unusual pool that is
in the shape of a Dutch windmill. As part of the
Grosvenor Aquatic Center, this is one of the two
pools found here. The pools are heated in the
off-season to make it comfortable year-round for
guests. Restrooms and towels are available poolside.
Regal Sun Resort Services & Amenities
- Guest Service Desk with full-time concierge
- Valet Parking (for a fee) or free self-parking
- The Disney Shop (park passes, Disney-themed merchandise, sundries and souvenirs)
- Ice and Snack machines
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Valet Laundry
- Voice Mail
- Thrifty Car Rental desk
- Complimentary newspaper delivery upon request
- Bell Services
- Airport Shuttle (for a fee)
- Babysitting Services (for a fee)
- Video Camera Rental (for a fee)
- Complimentary cappuccino, international teas and regular coffee and tea
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Restaurants at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin plan Christmas meals - Holiday menus will be offered at Garden Grove and Todd English's bluezoo.
- Holiday photo op with Mickey and Minnie at Disney's Animal Kingdom - Mickey and Minnie will be wearing their holiday attire at Adventurers Outpost for photos during the holiday season.
- Walt Disney World restaurants offering Thanksgiving menus - Many restaurants will be serving a special Thanksgiving menu.
- Minnie Mouse has new meet and greet location at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Minnie had been greeting guests in the Magic of Disney Animation building, but since its closure, will now be located near the entrance to the Disney Junior - Live on Stage! show.
- Disney announces Ant-Man sequel and makes release date changes to many other upcoming films
- ABC Family channel to be renamed "Freeform"
- Petty Holdings cited in instructor death at Walt Disney World Speedway
- Review: Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium - Discover if Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Odditorium on International Drive is worth the visit.
- Spending A Day In Walt Disney World Without Going On The Rides - Most guests are surprised to know how much there is to do besides going on rides. I suggest exploring the options you might have never done before.
- 2 new Vera Bradley Disney collection bags to be released Oct. 9 - The event will take place at Marketplace Co-Op at Disney Springs.
- The Ganachery chocolate shop coming to Disney Springs - The shop will open in The Landing in late 2015.
- Aulani's Halawai Lawn to be closed 11/8-12/16 - Because of this, the Starlit Hui stage show and the 'Ohana Disney Movie Night will not take place on the Lawn.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party sold out on 11/1 - Other dates are still available.
- Tiered pricing coming to the U.S. Disney theme parks? - According to Fortune.com, guests at the U.S. Disney theme parks may soon pay more depending on the time of year they visit.
- WDW celebration buttons now available at indoor merchandise locations - These buttons are now available at Guest Relations and any indoor merchandise location.
- Ferrytale Wishes: A Fireworks Dessert Cruise debuts today - Set sail on the ferryboat from the Ticket & Transportation Ferryboat Dock one hour before Wishes begins and enjoy desserts and beverages while watching the nighttime spectacular with the music piped through the boat's sound system.
- Animal Kingdom's Flights of Wonder closed until 11/5 - This attraction gives guests a demonstration of birds of flight as the birds display their natural behaviors and talents.
- New golf rates released for Walt Disney World golf courses - These rates are in effect through 1/17/16.
- Jedi Training Academy is now closed for a rehab - This attraction will reopen as "Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple" later this year.
- Changes in pricing and benefits for WDW Annual Passes
- Pricing raised for Tables in Wonderland program - Prices have increased $50 for both annual passholders and Florida residents.
- Increase in parking fees for Walt Disney World - Parking increased from $17 to $20. Valet parking increased from $15 to $25.
- At what age do you let your kids be "on their own" at Disney World?
- Ultimate guide to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- One Man's Dream to be closed from 10/16-12/5 - A sneak peek of The Good Dinosaur will be held in its place.
- The Good Dinosaur preview coming to Hollywood Studios - Preview begins October 16th in One Man's Dream attraction.
- New menu at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe - Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe now has a brand new Tex-Mex menu complete with fixin's bar!
- October merchandise events and signings at Walt Disney World - List of artist appearances at Walt Disney World.
- Latin Baseball Festival coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - This will take place November 20-22, 2015.
- Happy 33rd Birthday to Epcot! - Epcot opened on October 1, 1982.
- Happy 44th Birthday to the Magic Kingdom! - The Magic Kingdom opened on October 1, 1971.
- Top 5 Things You Didn't Know About The Magic Kingdom
- VIDEO: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2015 - Take a stroll through Epcot during the 2015 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Magic Together Package available at Walt Disney World - Valid for stays most nights 1/2-4/13/16.
- Save up to 25% on select Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts - Book by 12/23/15.
- Kid-sized package offer starting at just $874 - Valid for stays most nights 1/2-4/13/16.
- Play, Stay and Dine Package available - save up to $500! - Valid for stays most nights 12/13-12/19/15 and 1/2-3/7/16.
- Lengthy rehab brings changes to Pirates of the Caribbean - This included restoration work and new paint inside, as well as enhanced special effects.
- Top 5 Most Expensive Dishes At The 2015 Food and Wine Festival - Most of the Global Marketplace dishes are 4 to 5 dollars, but in some locations an extra dollar or two means you can get lobster, steak, or escargot.
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Family From Having A Meltdown in the Disney Parks - Now we can all be judgmental of these guests, but before we do that, let’s make sure we don’t become those types of guests.
- 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Food Photos
- Highlights of the 2015 Food and Wine Festival - The Food and Wine Festival started its 2015 celebration on September 25th and will run until November 16th.
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2015 Photo Gallery
- WDW 2016 Military ticket discount information released - These tickets must be purchased from 9/25/15 - 12/16/16 and must be used from 1/3/16 - 12/19/16.
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique now offering Frozen Package - There are 2 options - one with the dress and one without.
- 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival Menus
- Stay, Play and Dine Package released for Disney Visa cardholders - Valid for stays most nights 12/13-12/19/15 and 1/2-3/7/16.
- Room only offer available for Disney Visa cardholders - This is available from 1/2-4/13/16.
- Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher to be closed through 10/3 - The Blizzard Beach attractions are experiencing technical issues.
- Chase Lounge offers extra amenities for Food & Wine Festival's 20th anniversary - In addition to the beverages and charging stations of the past, the lounge will also offer a dedicated Festival Information desk, social media photo booth and a computer station for guests to email Festival recipes.
- Duffy the Disney Bear's meet and greet to end Oct. 3 - Daisy Duck will begin greeting guests in the same location Oct. 4.
- Matching Shirts in a Disney Park are a Good Idea - My perception of the “matching shirt families” was that it was purposeless, and just plain goofy looking. I was so wrong.
- Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar now open at Downtown Disney - Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar is an aviation-themed lounge located between Paradiso 37 and The BOATHOUSE.
- Registration opens for 2016 Star Wars Half Marathon - The Dark Side - This new event will take place 4/14 - 4/17/16.
- Review: The Muppets "Pig Girls Don’t Cry (Pilot)" - The Muppets are finally back on television and it only took 17 years.
- Hong Kong Disneyland: The Little Resort That Could - On September 12, 2005, the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort opened.
- Top Costumes of the 2015 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Halloween spirit was on full display for the first night of the party as many guests came in full costume.
- Critical Look At Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This event was a truly magical time. That being said, the event wasn’t perfect.
- Have you avoided a ride at Disney, only to find out later that you love it? - Have there been any rides at the Disney parks that you were hesitant to go on but you ended up loving?
- Did I Miss My Chance To Buy Disney Stock?
- Details and Pricing released for Merry & Bright Dessert Party and Dinner Reception - These parties include a reserved viewing location overlooking the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- VIDEO: NEW Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular Full Show
- Highlights of the 2015 Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Narcoossee's to offer Sunday brunch beginning November 22 - The price is $69 for adults and $41 for kids ages 3-9.
- VIDEO: "I Put A Spell On You" Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular Finale - Watch the finale of the Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular at the 2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- Feeling the Disney Embrace - There are times in my life when I know I am lucky.
- Walt Disney World Downtown Disney Roadwork Updates
- Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar will open September 22 - This new lounge at Downtown Disney is named after the pilot from the Indiana Jones films.
- Animal Kingdom's Flights of Wonder to be closed from 10/5-11/5 - A full list of rehabs can be found at http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm
- Halloween Minnie Mouse costume will be available at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - This will be available from from September 15-November 1.
- Mulch, Sweat, n' Shears final performance will be October 10
- Night of Joy to be streamed live both nights - The stream will begin at 7:30pm ET.
- Dessert Party and Dinner Reception announced for Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - Reservations open 9/16 and more details will be announced at that time.
- The Magic Kingdom for Teens - The Magic Kingdom is often that park seen by most as the one for families or small children, but it has so much to offer for all ages.
- Schedule released for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Times for the night's events have changed from last year.
- 20th anniversary Food & Wine Festival Cookbook to be sold in Welcome Center - In addition to the recipes, this special-edition of the Festival Cookbook will include 50 pages of the Festival's history and photos.
- September Merchandise events and signings at Walt Disney World - List of events and signings around the Walt Disney World resort.
- Specialty treats available at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Guests can indulge in monster cupcakes, candy corn cotton candy, Halloween cookie ice cream sandwiches and more.
- Magic Kingdom's Night Of Joy now sold out - This two-night event will take place September 11-12.
- "Holidays at Disney Springs" sees old favorites return, plus new decorations - Decorations will be in place in mid-November.
- New Ferrytale Wishes Fireworks Dessert Cruises to debut at Magic Kingdom - Set sail on the ferryboat from the Ticket & Transportation Ferryboat Dock one hour before Wishes begins and enjoy desserts and beverages while watching the nighttime spectacular with the music piped through the boat's sound system.
- What one question would you ask Walt Disney? - I was reading a book about Walt Disney the other day. It got me to thinking what it would be like to meet this man in person.
- I got a BB-8 and my cats now hate me: a review - I locked in on its adorable little droid eyes and antennas: remote control BB-8- that little ball droid from The Force Awakens trailer. I had to have it.
- Force Friday event no longer ticketed, now open to general public - This event is a midnight release party for the new Star Wars and Star Wars: The Force Awakens themed merchandise.
- Updated parking/traffic information for Downtown Disney - As work continues at Downtown Disney, parking and traffic flow will be disrupted.
- Aulani makes plans for the upcoming holiday season - Special events will be taking place for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Morimoto Asia opening at Disney Springs September 30 - Iron Chef Morimoto will open his own dining experience at Disney Springs, the first pan-Asian restaurant with foods from around the continent.
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant to serve breakfast for the holiday season - Breakfast will be available from November 1, 2015-January 23, 2016.
- Exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card to be available during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Guests must show their party ticket and event wristband to receive their card.
- How to make the most of your Walt Disney World vacation - Now that your trip is booked, it's time to start the day-to-day planning so you can make the most out of your time at Walt Disney World!
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Review - Information on the past, present, and future of the Disney Infinity system along with a review of the newest Disney Infinity 3.0.
- A Simple Guide to Planning Your First Walt Disney World Vacation - Here are the 4 things you’ll need to think about first to make the initial part of the planning process go more smoothly.
- What does your family do on your first night at Disney? - Do you arrive early enough to hit the ground running and head right to the parks? Or do you save a park day on your ticket and hang out at the resort for the night?
- Food & Wine Festival introduces 20th Festival Tasting Sampler and Food & Wine Premium Package
- FastPass+ now available for Eat to the Beat concerts - Reservations can be made on the My Disney Experience app or website.
- Tips to have a better experience while flying to Walt Disney World - I would like to suggest some tips to have a better experience while going through the airport and getting on the plane to Walt Disney World.
- SeaWorld lays off Clyde & Seamore mimes, among others
- Man sentenced to 5 years for Disney ticket scam
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
- Iger says future Star Wars attractions to be based on new films
- SeaWorld's CEO steps down
- Man sues SeaWorld for automatically renewing his annual pass
- Retirement date set for Disney's Meg Crofton
- Woman sues Disney, claiming disability after falling from carousel horse
- Hotel leadership changes at Walt Disney World
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer released