Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Dining
One theme that runs consistent throughout all the dining venues is the unique menus that are offered. Jiko offers the most eclectic menu on property, offering authentic African cuisine. Among the offerings, you'll find dishes as unique as Horseradish-crusted Salmon and Banana leaf steamed Sea Bass, to more traditional dishes like Baked Chicken and mashed potatoes and grilled beef tenderloin. Even the traditional dishes are prepared with African flair, with dishes like the chicken featuring grapefruit, garlic and olives.
Price ranges at Jiko are from $5.50 to $10.25 for appetizers, $16.50 to $26.75 for entrees and $5.00 to $6.00 for desserts. Speaking of desserts, if you are a chocolate lover, you MUST try the Cardamom flavored chocolate candies. I won't tell you anything else...you must simply experience it to believe it.
The food at Jiko was superb. Some in our party were a bit nervous at the eclectic menu, but quickly had their fears removed when they started to taste the food. While the prices are in line with all of Disney's upscale restaurants, the offerings here are, by far, the best on property. In our opinion, this restaurant has no equal on Disney property, and will rapidly become a very difficult place to get reservations. Book your Jiko priority seatings early and often, as one visit to this restaurant will not be enough.
Boma is the more mid-range restaurant, offering both Breakfast ($14.99 - Guest ages 12 and up , $7.99 - Guest ages 3-11) and Dinner ($23.99 - Guest ages 12 and up, $ 9.99 - Guest ages 3-11) in buffet style. For breakfast, the extensive buffet included such staples as scrambled eggs, bacon and French Toast, and such unique items as lamb or chicken sausage. The buffet line is huge, and expands out it's offerings with a variety of fresh fruits and pastries. Most notable here is the Kenya coffee prepared in a press pot (which was delicious), and the complimentary fruit juice that is offered . We found the breakfast buffet to be very enjoyable, and while some of the dishes suffer from a lack of temperature, the flavor and freshness were excellent, and the unique coffee and fruit-juice offerings really rounded out the meal. Please note that this is not a character buffet, as there are no character meals offered at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
For dinner, the buffet is equally as extensive, but we found the food lacking in both warmth and flavor. The prime rib was tough, the pork ribs were adequate, and the chicken dishes were simply bad. Dishes like the curry chicken pasta salad looked delicious, but lacked the punch and flavor normally associated with a curry dish. Overall, we consider Boma's buffet dinner to be unremarkable, but we should also mention that it has great potential. With a little more adjusting of flavors and temperature, this buffet could become a real contender on property.
Mara, the food court area, offers standard fare found in most food courts for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Offerings for breakfast include cinnamon rolls, assorted danish, muffins, bagels, and various other bakery items, waffles or French toast. Breakfast platters include eggs, seasoned potato wedges and a choice of bacon, sausage or ham (these offerings come in both adult and child sizes). Breakfast wraps are also available (flour tortilla, bagel, biscuit or croissant, with eggs, bacon, sausage and cheese). There is also a made-to-order omelets station.
A specialty item for breakfast is called Pops and Gravy, which is white corn-meal cake in an African sausage gravy.
Lunch and Dinner consist of a variety of options including hamburgers, grilled chicken, and pre-made sandwiches. The resorts refillable mugs are available at this location. There is also an assortment of fresh salads (some of which can be 'custom-designed'). The pizza offerings are also unique, as they are made to order, and come in both personal and family sizes. Beer or wine is also available here.
Mara also offers a children's menu which is similar to the adult menu, only the portions are smaller by half. There are also chicken strips and hot dogs available for kids.
- Dates and seminars announced for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2014 will be the 5th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- VIDEO: 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. At the festival you'll find gardens, topiaries, play areas, outdoor food kitchens, exhibits, music, and more.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Rapids ride evacutated at Universal Orlando
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom