Disney's All Star Sports Resort
1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Check In: 4:00pm Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1920
Maximum persons per Disney All Star Resort room: 4
(plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1920
Room size: 260 Sq. Ft.
Disney's All Star Sports Resort Description
Sports enthusiasts on a budget find a lot to cheer about at Disney's All Star Sports Resort. If you are looking for an affordable resort option that allows you to take advantage of the onsite resort perks, a Disney All Star Resort is the place for you!
At the All Star Sports Resort, bigger is better. You'll find bright, bold and colorful pop art icons such as a 4-story football helmet, giant "tennis ball can" and megaphone-shaped stairwells.
The five featured sports themes are: football, tennis, baseball, basketball and surfing. The two 3-story Touchdown buildings face each other across the football field. Giant helmets (large enough to fit a 200-foot tall football player) enclose the stairwells.
Wimbledon, step aside. The Center Court tennis-themed buildings have 51 foot tall racquets that are large enough to cover an entire tennis court! You'd need them to lob the 5 foot wide tennis balls across the court. It's no wonder that a very frustrated Donald Duck scowls at you from across the net.
At the Home Run Hotel, the super-sized bats, stadium lights and scoreboards help get visitors in the spirit of things. At the center is the baseball diamond shaped pool with Goofy on the pitcher's mound. Going to the game? You'd better be thirsty. The giant Coke cups could hold more than 20 million 12-ounce cans.
Shoot and score at the Hoops Hotel. The buildings have basketballs frozen in motion as three pointers meet their mark. Play fair unless you want the ref to use the 60 foot long whistle. Cheering your team on is easy, if you can wield a 45 foot high megaphone.
Kowabunga! The Surfs Up buildings are decorated with colorful surfboards,
red snappers and dolphins.
Watch out, sharks have been spotted. If the 38-foot fins, are any indication, you'll be in the water with a 300 foot long predator. Not to worry, you'll be hanging ten with the best of them when staying in this fun section.
You check into the All Star Sports Resort in Stadium Hall. From the moment you arrive, the fun theme is evident. This is the main lobby, arcade, food court and gift shop rolled into one.
Everyone is on top of their game after a stay at the All Star Sports.
Each of the All Star Resorts has 1920 rooms. These rooms are slightly smaller than the rooms at the moderate resorts (260 square feet as opposed to 314 square feet). A typical room has 2 double beds (or one king sized bed), a beverage cooler, small table with 2 chairs, television, nightstand, telephone, dresser, wall mirror, luggage rack, closet area, themed light fixtures (megaphones or stars) and a clock radio. The bathrooms have a single sink and mirror in a vanity area that is separate from the tub and commode. A small key-operated wall safe to hold your valuables is located in the closet area. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it.
Rooms with a king-sized bed are also available, but these are the handicapped accessible rooms which have larger bathrooms with a wheel-chair accessible shower instead of a tub. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning.
Roll-away cots may be requested for siblings who do not wish to share a bed, (there is a $15 per night charge for this). Also available are bed rails and cribs (the pack-n-play variety) call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels
TIP: If you want a room close to the food court and bus stop, request the Surfs Up or Touchdown buildings. If you want a little quieter location, request Hoops Hotel or Center Court.
- Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
- 96 king bed rooms, 50% are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
The two pools at Disney's All Star Sports Resort are surfing and baseball themed. The main pool, Surfboard Bay pool, is located behind the Stadium Hall (the resort's central area). Giant shark fins, surfboards and waves circle the pool area. The Surfboard bay pool is shaped like a wave.
The Grand Slam pool is the quiet pool and is located in front of the Home Run hotel. It is shaped like a baseball diamond with an "outfield" sundeck and a water-sprinkling Goofy “pitching” from the center of the pool.
The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards
on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
There are no slides or jacuzzis at either of these pools. Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Chaise lounges, tables and chairs are found around the pool for your relaxation pleasure. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area.
TIPS: Guests must bring the towels from their rooms for use at the pool and call housekeeping for additional towels for your room to replenish your supply. Life jackets are provided free of charge and can be picked up at the pool area. Check out the back of the lifeguard stands for park hours and weather information.
The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
For those who like to be active, there is a jogging path at the All Star Sports. The Game Point Arcade, a state-of-the-art video arcade located in Stadium Hall, will provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages. The games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between buildings 6 and 7, you will find the children's playground and the interior courtyards are themed like a football field and an enormous tennis court, and these act as secondary play areas.
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take the Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take the Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take the Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island: Take the Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown Disney bus
Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the Disney's Blizzard
Beach Water Park bus
For the most part, each of the All Star Resorts has buses dedicated to run from that resort to the park and return. However, at some times during the day, the buses from a park may drop guests off at all 3 resorts. This is especially true at night after a park closes.
While there is no sit down restaurant here, there is the End Zone Food Court that seats 550 people. Decorated with football and surfing scenes, giant sports figures are found atop the red, green and blue dining booths. Pizza, pasta, barbecue ribs, fruit, sandwiches, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, kids' favorites such as macaroni and cheese and chicken fingers, and "Blue Plate" specials are the featured fare here. Hours are usually 6 a.m. to midnight. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks, and beer and this may be ordered from 5 p.m. to midnight. Also, you can purchase a refillable mug at the End Zone food court. This mug will allow you unlimited refills of coffee or soda for the duration of your stay, and can be used at any of the All-Star resorts.
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND:
The first resort you come to on West Buena Vista Drive is the All Star Sports Resort. The lobby building is called Stadium Hall and houses the front desk and Guest Services, the End Zone Food Court, Game Point Arcade and the gift shop named Sport Goofy Gifts & Sundries.
The guest rooms are located in 10 buildings divided into 5 sections.The first section you come to as you exit Stadium Hall is Surf’s Up! The buildings in this section are #1 and #6. The main swimming pool, called Surfboard Bay, is located between these two buildings.
As you continue away from Stadium Hall past the Surf’s Up! section, you will come to the Hoops Hotel on the right in buildings #2 and #3, and to the left is Center Court in Buildings #4 and #5.You will find the Touchdown! section to the left as you exit Stadium Hall contained in buildings #7 and #10. Just beyond Touchdown!, you will find buildings #8 and #9 which make up the Home Run Hotel section.
The second swimming pool, called Grand Slam
Pool, is located between the buildings of the Home
Run Hotel section. The playground at All Star Sports is located
between buildings #6 and #7.
In keeping with Disney’s eye for detail in theming, the palm trees are arranged to look like a basketball team at tip-off.
If you buy your milk in the gift shop, it is less expensive than that found in the food court.
If you would like to be in a certain building, note it on your reservation before your arrival. While not guaranteed, they will do their best to accommodate you.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Laundry facilities
- Express Check Out
- Refillable Mugs for sale
- Luggage Service (runs on hourly drop-off system)
- Sport Goofy Gift and Sundries shop
- Voice Mail
- Team Spirits Poolside bar
- Free Wireless Internet
- Opened April 29, 1994
- Covers 90 acres of property
- Surfboard Bay pool holds 242,471 gallons of water while the Grand Slam pool holds 119,590 gallons
- The silver star by the Surfboard Bay pool is 46 feet high and weighs over 33,000 pounds
- The tennis-can-covered stairwell could hold approximately 9,474,609 regulation size tennis balls
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
- Disney and Lucasfilm announce new animated Star Wars series
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios