Disney's All Star Movies Resort
Disney's All Star Movies Resort
1991 W. Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Phone: (407) 939-7000 | Fax: (407) 939-7111
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1920
persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's All Star Movies Resort Orverview
The All Star Movies Resort features five film-inspired themed areas. Fantasia, Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, Mighty Ducks and The Love Bug. At the 101 Dalmatians buildings, you'll find a 40 foot tall Pongo and a 35 foot tall Perdita while their spotted pups decorate the railings. There is a fire hydrant covering the outside stairwell, with paw prints and dog bones embedded in the cement walkways.Toy Story lovers will be enchanted by the 35 foot tall Buzz Lightyear and the 25 foot tall Woody. The Green Army Men stand guard at the tops of the building. "Herbie," the loveable VW Beetle, is 5 times its normal size. Sorcerer's paraphernalia such as a giant hat, spell book, broom and bucket, ballerinas and nutcracker soldiers are found adorning the Fantasia buildings. Sports fans will be ready for action with the giant hockey sticks, pucks, nets and duck-billed masks found at the Mighty Ducks buildings. Thirty one foot tall goalie masks cover the outside stairwells.
The All Star Movies resort has 1,920 rooms, with 384 rooms in each section. The rooms all feature a framed poster and border of the building’s movie theme. Each of the guest rooms has either 2 double beds or one king sized bed. Please note that the king bed rooms are handicap accessible. While they can be requested, guests with special needs are given first priority.
Each room has a beverage cooler, nightstand, telephone, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror, clock radio and an open closet area with shelves on top for extra storage. A vanity area with a single sink and mirror is separate from the tub and commode. Film reel tiles surround the tub and shower curtains adorned with stars enclose the shower area. The light fixtures are shaped like popcorn boxes and star fixtures to further carry out the movie theme. A small key-operated wall safe is located in the closet area. All rooms are equipped with central air conditioning. Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing will find a computer data port.
There are 96 handicap equipped rooms that have a larger bathroom with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. Non-smoking and connecting rooms may also be requested. The rooms are 260 square feet and sleep 4, or 4 plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Bed boards, bed rails and cribs (the pak-n-play variety) can be requested by calling Housekeeping. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $10 per person, per night.
The following are available by calling Housekeeping, but supplies may be limited on some items: irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, extra pillows, blankets and towels. Rooms with a view of the pool or themed courtyards are available.
TIP: The Fantasia, Toy Story and 101 Dalmations sections are considered "preferred" and are higher priced. Those who prefer a lower traffic, quieter area, should request the Love Bug buildings. Guests staying in the Mighty Ducks buildings may find it closer to catch the bus at the stop in front of the All Star Music Resort’s Melody Hall.
- Check-in is at 3 p.m. and checkout is at 11 a.m.
- 96 king bed rooms that are handicapped accessible
- 960 connecting rooms
Fantasia, the main pool, is found between the Fantasia buildings and Cinema Hall. A large Sorcerer Mickey stands ready to work his magic at one end of the pool, where water sprays from his fingers. Between the Mighty Duck buildings, and not far from the 101 Dalmatians buildings, you will find the Duck Pond pool. This pool is hockey-themed with face-off circles painted on the bottom of the pool as well as on the deck, and with Goofy starring as the goalie. A kiddie pool is found beside the Fantasia pool. There are no slides or jacuzzis at either of these pools.
Both pools range in depth from 3ft to 5ft. Guests of any of Disney's All-Star Resorts may go to another All-Star Resort to enjoy the swimming pools during their vacation. There are showers, lockers, restrooms, and a laundromat at each pool area. The buildings that house the lockers and restrooms are also themed. Pool hours are from 8am - Midnight with lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm (quiet hours are from 10pm-Midnight).
In Cinema Hall, the Reel Fun Arcade provides guests with state-of-the-art video games for their enjoyment. Open from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., the games utilize tokens that a guest can purchase in the arcade. Some of the games reward players with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Between the Toy Story buildings and Cinema Hall, you'll find the children's playground where the little ones can burn off some energy.
As a Value resort, the All Star Movies Resort does not have a sit-down restaurant. The World Premiere Food Court offers a bright and spacious atmosphere and has a wide variety of offerings to tempt all taste buds. Five marquee venues, Rialto, Roxy, Grand, Majestic and Lyric, offer hamburgers and other grill favorites, pizza, rotisserie chicken, pasta, barbecued ribs, sandwiches, salads, baked goods, fruit and dinner specials to please your palate from 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. daily. Room service is limited to pizza, salads, soft drinks and beer from 5 p.m. until midnight.
The poolside bar, Silver Screen Spirits, serves a continental breakfast in the morning and sandwiches, snacks and beverages for the remainder of the day.
Disney's All Star Movies Resort has its own bus transportation that may sometimes be shared with the other All Star resorts. Guests will get a Transportation Guide/Map upon checking in with instructions on how to get just about anywhere on property, but here are some of the more popular destinations.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
- Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion
- Universal plans stilt walking demonstration at Orange County History Center
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience returns to Disney's Star Wars Weekends
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Animal Kingdom