Disney's Boardwalk Villas
Rooms | Dining | Recreation | Transportation | Villas | Resort Map | Photos
Boardwalk Inn Main Page
Disney's Boardwalk Villas
The 383 villas of Disney's BoardWalk Villas are part of the Disney Vacation Club. These rooms are available to non-DVC members to rent as well. The different room options are: Deluxe Studios, One Bedroom Villas, Two Bedroom Villa, and Grand Villas.
Studio: The Studio rooms are 412 square feet in size and are smaller than the rooms at Disney's Old Key West, another DVC resort on property. The studio offers a queen size bed, double sleeper sofa, nightstand, telephone, wall mirror, small table with 2 chairs, armoire, television, small key-operated wall safe, and a sink and mirror outside of the tub and commode area, with a private patio or balcony area. Extras that truly make this resort a "Home Away From Home" include microwave, coffee maker, small refrigerator, wet bar, hair dryer, makeup mirror, iron and ironing board and a pak-n-play portable crib. To make light meals and snacks, 2 mugs, 4 glasses, paper plates and bowls, and plastic cutlery are provided in addition to dish soap and linens for cleanup. A computer data port is found near the nightstand and you do not have to disconnect the telephone to use it. Some studios also have a daybed in addition to the queen size bed and sleeper sofa. Handicapped accessible rooms with a single king sized bed and roll-in showers in place of tubs are also available.
TIP: If you are a DVC member staying here, there is not daily maid service, and the coffee supply is for one day only. Additional coffee may be brought from home or purchased in one of the shops along the boardwalk. Note that this applies only to DVC members, non-members staying at this resort receive daily maid service and the supply will be refilled daily.
One-Bedroom Villa: The One-Bedroom Villa has a separate bedroom area, bathroom, laundry room area and living/kitchen area. The bedroom has a king size bed, television, chair, end table, telephone, armoire, wall mirror and nightstand. Off of the bedroom is the jetted tub separate from the shower, sink and commode bathroom area. The stacked washer and dryer make laundry an easier chore.
The living/kitchen area has a queen size sleeper sofa, coffee table, end table, telephone, television and VCR, small dining table with 2 chairs, breakfast bar area with 2 chairs, full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker,toaster, and kettle. The kitchen cupboards are stocked with dinnerware, flatware and glassware service for 8. For your cooking pleasure you will find a serving platter, vegetable bowl, salad serving bowl, pitcher, 8 piece cookware set (pots, pans, and lids), colander, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, cookie sheet, paring knife, cook's knife, whisk, tongs, vegetable peeler, and pot holders. To help make clean up easier, dish soap, dishwashing detergent, linens, a vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board, a single load box of laundry detergent, a broom and dustpan are supplied. An average one bedroom is 814 square feet.
TIP: Because of the spreading layout of Disney's BoardWalk Resort, some rooms may be very far away from the elevators. When booking, you can request a room close to the elevators.
Two-Bedroom Villa: The Two-Bedroom Villa may consist of a One-Bedroom Villa and a Studio with the adjoining room door opened. They are approximately 1226 square feet in size.
Grand Villa: The Grand Villa is ideal for large groups that wish to stay in one accommodation. It will accommodate up to 12 adults and one child under 3 in a crib. This is a spectacular 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa, with the same fully equipped kitchen, queen size sleeper sofa in the living room, laundry facilities (with full size washer and dryer), private porch and master suite with jetted tub, that are found in the One- and Two bedroom villas. The living room has an entertainment center with a 32", VCR and CD player and features a cathedral ceiling. The additional 2 bedrooms each have 2 queen sized beds, their own private bathrooms and televisions. These truly grand villas average 2492 square feet in size.
At Disney's BoardWalk Villas, check-in is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
At both Disney's BoardWalk Villas and Disney's BoardWalk Inn, guests may request bed boards, bed rails, high chairs, down pillows, extra pillows, blankets and towels (DVC members must pay a charge for this if they are in the Villas), and International Electrical Adapters, call Housekeeping to request.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit