Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's Contemporary Resort Dining
- California Grill
- Contempo Cafe
- Chef Mickey's Buffet
- The Wave...of American Flavors
- Outer Rim
- Sand Bar
One of the best views of the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom Park is from the California Grill on the 15th floor of Disney's Contemporary Resort. If you're lucky enough to dine here during fireworks, the music is piped in, so you can get the full effect of the show. If you don't get a good enough view from your table, head outside to the terrace area* surrounding the restaurant for the best view on property. The award-winning restaurant is open from 5:30 p.m. to 12 a.m. and the lounge, where cocktails, California wines, bottled beer, appetizers and desserts are served, is open from 5:30pm - 1am. The restaurant menu changes according to the season and specializes in Californian-style cuisine. The open kitchen features sushi, pizza baked in wood-burning ovens, grilled meats, poultry, seafood, and vegetarian dishes. Advance Dining Reservations are strongly recommended.
*The terrace is only for restaurant guests. However, if you are done with dinner before it's time for fireworks, bring back your receipt and you will be allowed up to the terrace. Same day only.
The Contemporary Resorts Contempo Cafe is open for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Late Night Dining.
One of the most popular spots for character
meals is Chef Mickey's. Visit with Chef Mickey himself,
Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale here. A breakfast buffet
is served from 7:00 am to 11:30 am and features bagels,
fresh fruit, omelets, Mickey-shaped pancakes, breads and
other traditional breakfast dishes. Dinner hours are 5:00
p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Peel-and-eat shrimp, prime rib, parmesan
mashed potatoes, chicken, seafood, pastas and a salad bar
are offered at the dinner buffet. Advance Dining Reservations are required.
The Wave...of American Flavors
The Wave is located just off the lobby in the Contemporary Resort. The restaurant’s theme is the wave of American cuisine and focuses on food that is locally grown as well as being organic and sustainable. The emphasis is on serving great tasting food and drink that is both satisfying and environmentally friendly.
Outer Rim Lounge
At the Outer Rim Lounge, you can enjoy cocktails and appetizers as you feast your eyes on a spectacular view of Bay Lake.
Have a drink and snack by the pool. There is a walk up window where you can order food. Inside is a bar that serves a limited number of frozen drinks and beer.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios