Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort address:
1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 1008
Maximum persons per room:
4 guests maximum in the following categories - Standard, Water View, Junior Suite (king bed), 1 bedroom suite (king bed)
6 guests maximum in the following categories - Junior Suite (Queen/Double), Castitas 1 bedroom suite (Queen/Double), Casitas Executive suite (King/Double)
Total Number of rooms: 1921
Room size: 314 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Coronado Springs resort is unique in that it is the only one of Disney's moderate category resorts to feature a convention center. For some, this fact - the fact that at any given point in time the resort could be overrun with conventioneers - is a turn-off. However, this is one of the most stunning and well appointed resorts on Disney property. In fact - in some regards it feels more like a deluxe resort, just with a moderate resort price tag. The theme here is a blend of colonial Mexico and the American Southwest. Upon entering 'El Centro' - the resorts main building, you'll see the La Fuente de Las Palomas or
the "Fountain of the Doves" as the spring water
trickles over the Spanish-style urn and gathers amidst
the colorful tiles. El Centro is also home to the resorts Check-in desk and Guest Services as well as Panchitos Gift Shop, Cafe Rix, Rix Lounge, the Peppermarket Food Court and the resorts full service restaurant the Maya Grill. The 1921
guest rooms and suites are dispersed amongst three villages
that surround a 15 acre man-made lake. The resorts feature
rustic stucco buildings, Mexican-style bungalows and festive
villages with Spanish terracotta roofs. The Coronado Springs
Resort is divided into 3 village areas, the Casitas, the
Ranchos and the Cabanas. The Casitas village or "Little
Houses", has 1024 guest rooms (981 guest rooms and
43 suites) and includes buildings similar to those commonly
found in Sante Fe or Monterey.
The buildings set amidst the colorful plaza, fountains and courtyards are commonly used for the convention accommodations. The Ranchos have a more rustic, rural flavor to them, complete with an arroyo or small stream that tumbles over a rocky streambed. The 624 guest rooms are housed in two- and three-storey villas. The Cabanas are 2-storey Mexican-style adobe bungalows with 319 guest rooms. The majority of these rooms have a water view. The convention center is 95,000 square feet and can be divided into 45 rooms. The Coronado Ballroom is 60,214 square feet with a 23-foot high ceiling and this can seat 5000 for dinner or 6500 for theater-style meetings. This ballroom can be divided up into 18 separate rooms. The Fiesta Ballroom is 21160 square feet and can divided into 10 rooms. The grounds of the Coronado Springs Resort are landscaped with trees from 10 different states and environmentalists will be happy to note that the mulch in the landscaped beds consists of shredded wood from recycled pallets.
There are a total of 1921 guest rooms at Coronado Springs divided into 6 categories:
- Standard View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- King - Sleeps 2 (1 king bed)
- Water View - Sleeps 4 (2 queen beds)
- Junior Suite - Sleeps 6 - (2 double beds and 1 queen sico bed*)
- Junior Suite - King - Sleeps 4 (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed *)
- Casitas 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 6 (2 double beds, 1 queen sico bed*)
- 1 Bedroom Suite - Sleeps 4 - (1 king bed, 1 queen sico bed*)
- Casitas Executive Suite - Sleeps 6 (1 king bed, 2 double beds)
*Sico beds are beds that pull down out of the wall. They are also known as Murphy beds
Preferred Room Locations: Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building.
The rooms at Coronado Springs were refurbished in 2009 and are among the nicest of any of the moderate resorts. The typical guest room is 314 square feet and has 2 queen beds (or one king-sized bed). Also in the room you will find a table with 2 chairs, wall mirror, coffeemaker (with complimentary coffee), iron and ironing board, television, dresser, nightstand, hair dryer, ceiling fan and a single sink and mirror in a vanity area outside of the tub and commode. A small, key-operated wall safe for valuables is found in the "closet area". All rooms at the Coronado Springs have complimentary Wi-Fi service. There are handicap-accessible rooms available as well, with a king-size bed, and a wheel-chair accessible shower in place of a tub. While the rooms accommodate up to 4 guests, a roll-away bed can be rented for $15/night (for siblings who do not wish to share a bed). Also available are bed boards and bed rails and cribs, call Housekeeping to request. If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $15 per person, per night.
Pepper Market Food Court
There is a food court and a sit down restaurant at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort. Located in the Main Building, El Centro, the Pepper Market Food Court is an interesting alternative to the typical food court. Upon entering, you are seated by a host/hostess, and each guest in your party receives a card. You can go to any of the food counters to order, and as you get your food, your card is stamped to reflect your order. At the end of your meal, you present your card(s) to the cashier for payment. A 10% gratuity is automatically included, as there are bussers available to refill your drinks, clean the tables, etc. Maps of the layout of the Pepper Market are found both inside and just outside to help guide you to the delicacies of your choice. There is a wide variety of food available here, such as tostados, burritos, tacos, pizza, hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, baked goods, pasta, sandwiches and Asian stir-fry. The hours can vary, but are usually from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. with breakfast from 7-11AM, lunch from 11:30AM - 2:00PM and dinner from 4:30PM to 11:00PM
Rix cafe is the grab-n-go food area at Coronado Springs. It is located near the main entrance next to the store. Rix cafe offers a selection fo salads, sandwiches, beer, wine and soft drinks. Refillable mugs can also be purchased here.
Room service is available for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is available from 7AM to 11AM and has an assortment of standard offerings from Omelets and Pancakes to Waffles and Scrambled eggs. There is also a kids breakfast menu that features Mini Mickey Waffles. The dinner menu offers pizza, chicken wings, sandwiches as well as chicken strips, spaghetting and meatballs, peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches and macaroni and cheese for kids.
Services for Kids
Recreation activities for kids vary by season, but there is always something happening at Coronado Springs for the younger members of the family, especially at 'The Lost City of Cibola' pool. Throughout the afternoon a variety of pool side games are coordinated by cast members - games include everything form a hula hoop contest and Critter Roundup to Whats in your Beach Bag and Chalk Art. There is a different set of games each day. At 3pm daily is the Pool Fiesta part. The playground area is called "The Dig Site" and is located just to the side of the Mayan pyramid at the main pool. The Iguana Arcade (also located at the main pool) is the resorts only arcade and is the smallest arcade on Disney property, offering a very small variety of arcade games.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
Dig Site is the main pool area at Disney's Coronado
Springs Resort and is themed to represent the important
find of a Mayan kingdom during an archaeological dig.
Here you will find a sand volleyball
court, an arcade,
bar, an enormous hot tub, a playground (fashioned
after an archaeological dig site) and of course, a
large pool! A 50-foot Mayan pyramid is the centerpiece
of this 120' by 90' pool. Water trickles down the faux
aged looking ceremonial stone steps of the Pyramid of
the Sun. Twisting out from behind the pyramid, is a 123-foot
long, 16.2 foot-high water slide with a jaguar perched
over the slide to spit water at guests as they go down
There is also a children's pool here. Pool towels are available at the Dig Site. There are 3 quiet pools, one at each of the village areas, but guests must bring their room towels here as pool towels are not offered. Lifeguards are found at the main pool, but not at the quiet pools. Pool hours are from 8 a.m. to midnight for the Dig Site and 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for the quiet pools.
There is a lot to do at Disney's Coronado Springs besides swim. There are two arcades, the Jumping Beans Arcade in El Centro beside Panchitos, and the Iguana Arcade at the Dig Site main pool area. Cyclists may enjoy the variety of bicycles available to rent, standard, tandem and Surrey bikes to tour the .9 mile long Esplanade which encircles Lago Dorado.
For fun and fitness, guests can also take a nature walk,
play volleyball, and use the jogging trails (maps are
provided at La Marina or Guest Services) or fitness center,
La Vida Health Club, (state-of-the-art equipment, Cybex
exercise machines and aerobic machines with whirlpool,
sauna and massage).
Behind the Dig Site main pool, children will enjoy the Explorer's Playground, the place for budding archaeologists to dig and play.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services
- Valet Service Cleaning - laundry bags and price lists are found in the closet of each room. Service is available 7 days a week, call Housekeeping for pick up.
- Coin Laundry facilities - (See Below)
- Express Check-out
- Refillable mugs - These are 12 oz. mugs that you purchase, and then can use for free refills at the Pepper Market and the Siesta Grill
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Panchito's Gifts and Sundries shop - logo merchandise, film, toiletries, souvenirs and non-prescription drugs
- La Tienda Convenience Store - snacks, candy, beverages
- Hair Styling Salon - serving both men and women, Casa de Belleza is a full service salon (cuts, sets, permanents, colors, beard and mustache trim, manicures, pedicures, facials, parafin wax treatments). Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., call 407-939-3965 (or dial 8 + 289 from your room)
- ATM machine - located in the lobby
- Vending machines
- Poolside bar - at the Dig Site, the Siesta Grill offers snacks, burgers and beverages from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hair wrap services - found in the Dig Site pool area
- Newspaper delivery (for a charge)
- Voice Mail - information on how to retrieve messages is found in the Guest Messaging Service section of the Telephone Information brochure found beside the phone in your room.
- Lost and Found: (407) 939-3070 from 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Location: End of Casita 4 to the right of LaVida Fitness Center and Salon. All others near quiet pools.
Soda vending machines
Self-service coin operated washers, dryers, and laundry supply machines
Washers - $1.00
Dryers - $1.00 for 30 minutes
Laundry supply machines - $1.00
Check In: 3:00pm
Number of Rooms: 1967 including-
60 king bed rooms
99 disabled accessible rooms
30 Parlor Suites (one is accessible for guests with disabilities)
10 VIP Suites
5 Executive Suites
- Between El Centro and the Convention Center
- Across from Casitas 4
- Between Ranchos 7B and Cabanas 8A
From Coronado Springs to:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take Magic Kingdom Park bus
- Epcot: Take Epcot bus
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take Disney's Hollywood Studios bus
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Take
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park bus
- Downtown Disney Marketplace | Downtown Disney West Side |
Disney Pleasure Island: Take Downtown Disney bus
- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Take Downtown
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take Disney's
Animal Kingdom Theme
Park/Disney's Blizzard Beach bus
- Disney's BoardWalk Resort: Take Disney's BoardWalk Resort bus
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom