Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Dining and RestaurantsThere are several fine restaurants and dinig options offered at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Grand Floridian Menus:
- 1900 Park Fare
- Cítricos Chef's Domaine
- Courtyard Pool Bar
- Garden View Tea Room
- Gasparilla Grill and Games
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Mizner's Lounge
- Victoria and Albert's
- Victoria and Alberts Chef's Table
- Wonderland Tea Party
Grand Floridian Cafe
The Grand Floridian Café is a family restaurant that specializes in Southern cooking and has a lovely view of the pool and courtyard. Lunch features a delicious assortment of soups, salads, hot and cold sandwiches, hamburgers, pasta and catch of the day dishes.
Citricos is the Grand Floridian's answer to the California Grill. Chic, sophisticated cuisine offered here is a combination of American Seafood and Mediterranean-Florida fare. Citricos offers a wide variety of appetizers such as Pan Seared Quail, Jumbo Lump Crabcake, Warm Onion Tart and Crispy Cannelloni. Entrees include Braised Veal Shank, Seared Tuna, Grilled Filet of Beef, Roasted Duck Breast and Basil Crusted Rack of Lamb. Warm Chocolate Banana Tort, Tropical Fruit Crème Brulee and Seasonal Berry Gratin are a few of the interesting desserts available. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany your appetizers, entrée and dessert.
The Chef's Domain At Citricos
Off of the dining room is a private dining area known as the Chef's Domain that is available and can accommodate up to 12 guests. Here you may order off the menu or allow the Chef to satisfy your appetite with his special creations. Wine pairings are available here as well and Citricos has a number of qualified sommeliers on staff. Two seatings are available each day, Wednesday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. There is a minimum purchase of $650.00 excluding tax and gratuity.
The Chef's Daily Menu is 6 courses and priced at $75.00, with 4 wines added the total is $115.00 per person. This menu changes daily. Guests should call 407-939-7707. A credit card is required as a guarantee, cancellation at least 48 hours in advance or $100.00 penalty will be charged to the card.
Kevin Klose reviews Narcoosee’s Restaurant at the Grand Floridian.
The octagon-shaped restaurant overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon is Narcoosee's. You can watch your dinner being prepared in the open kitchen. For dinner, New Floridian cuisine is offered with many delicious seafood delicacies such as Maine Lobster (can also add Filet Mignon to this), Grilled Wild Atlantic Salmon, Coriander Crusted Ahi Tuna, Seared Jumbo Scallops and Pan-Roasted Black Grouper. You'll also find such tasty items as Colorado Lamb Chops, Grilled Filet Mignon and Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast. A Priority Seating is recommended. Menu | Photos
Floridian Afternoon Tea
The Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea is offered in the Garden View Lounge from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a number of aromatic herbal and exotic teas to appeal to all tastes. Indulge in a centuries old English tradition by enjoying tea sandwiches, scones with delectable Devonshire cream, jam tarts, fresh strawberries with cream, tea pastries and English Trifle. This spot is perfect for dining alone and it is a great Mother/Daughter outing. Most of the offerings are three courses, so be sure to bring your appetite. If you are looking for a unique experience outside of the theme parks, Afternoon Tea is a great choice. Priority Seating is highly recommended for this popular event. Specialty coffees and champagne are also available.
At 1900 Park Fare, 15 feet above the floor, you'll find Big Bertha. This Parisian-built band organ is almost a century old. It will periodically spring to life for your listening pleasure, with pipes, drums, bells, cymbals and a xylophone, lending a festive air to the Character meals offered here. Breakfast features an all-you-can-eat buffet, with fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese blintzes, omelets, fried potatoes, cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, French toast, waffles, pancakes and baked goods. Entertaining and mingling with the guests are Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio and Gepetto. Priority Seating is recommended. From 5:15 p.m. until 9 p.m., the Character dinner buffet is offered with unique salads, soups, spoon bread, vegetable dishes, seafood, chicken, prime rib and children's favorites. The dinner hosts are Disney's favorite Princess, Cinderella, and her Prince Charming. Any of the following characters may also be found (subject to availability): Fairy Godmother, Suzy Mouse, Perla Mouse, Lady Tremaine (Cinderella’s stepmother) and her 2 stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella.
The elegant Victoria and Albert's is the signature restaurant of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This award-winning restaurant offers fine dining and jackets are a requirement. Open only for dinner, two seatings are offered. The seven course menu varies and is selected daily by the Chef. Some of the Chef's specials feature the freshest in game, poultry, fish and beef. Priority Seating is an absolute must. Guests may reserve the Chef's Table here, where the Chef personally welcomes you into his kitchen, introduces you to the other cooks, and seats you in a special area in an alcove at the rear of his kitchen. A bottle of champagne is served and a toast offered to the guests. Guests may wander about the kitchen, talk to the chefs, ask questions and take pictures, as long as they don't interfere with the actual cooking and serving. The Chef will go over each course and its ingredients with guests. Appetizers, sorbet, portions of each of the evening's entrees, wine and cheeses, portions of the evening's desserts, coffee or tea and chocolate truffles are served to please the palate. As a delightful finishing touch, the ladies are presented with a long stem rose. Menus are autographed by the kitchen staff and given to guests as a memento. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany the courses for an additional charge.
Grill & Games
For those wishing a quick take-out meal, the Gasparilla Grill & Games is open 24 hours a day. Pastries and croissants are available for breakfast, and standard fast food fare such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, nachos, grilled chicken sandwiches and salads are offered throughout the remainder of the day. An extensive room service menu is offered and is available 24 hours a day. Breakfast can be pre-ordered by filling out the card in your room and placing it on the doorknob outside your room before retiring for the night.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios