Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Dining and RestaurantsThere are several fine restaurants and dinig options offered at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Grand Floridian Menus:
- 1900 Park Fare
- Cítricos Chef's Domaine
- Courtyard Pool Bar
- Garden View Tea Room
- Gasparilla Grill and Games
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Mizner's Lounge
- Victoria and Albert's
- Victoria and Alberts Chef's Table
- Wonderland Tea Party
Grand Floridian Cafe
The Grand Floridian Café is a family restaurant that specializes in Southern cooking and has a lovely view of the pool and courtyard. Lunch features a delicious assortment of soups, salads, hot and cold sandwiches, hamburgers, pasta and catch of the day dishes.
Citricos is the Grand Floridian's answer to the California Grill. Chic, sophisticated cuisine offered here is a combination of American Seafood and Mediterranean-Florida fare. Citricos offers a wide variety of appetizers such as Pan Seared Quail, Jumbo Lump Crabcake, Warm Onion Tart and Crispy Cannelloni. Entrees include Braised Veal Shank, Seared Tuna, Grilled Filet of Beef, Roasted Duck Breast and Basil Crusted Rack of Lamb. Warm Chocolate Banana Tort, Tropical Fruit Crème Brulee and Seasonal Berry Gratin are a few of the interesting desserts available. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany your appetizers, entrée and dessert.
The Chef's Domain At Citricos
Off of the dining room is a private dining area known as the Chef's Domain that is available and can accommodate up to 12 guests. Here you may order off the menu or allow the Chef to satisfy your appetite with his special creations. Wine pairings are available here as well and Citricos has a number of qualified sommeliers on staff. Two seatings are available each day, Wednesday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. There is a minimum purchase of $650.00 excluding tax and gratuity.
The Chef's Daily Menu is 6 courses and priced at $75.00, with 4 wines added the total is $115.00 per person. This menu changes daily. Guests should call 407-939-7707. A credit card is required as a guarantee, cancellation at least 48 hours in advance or $100.00 penalty will be charged to the card.
Kevin Klose reviews Narcoosee’s Restaurant at the Grand Floridian.
The octagon-shaped restaurant overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon is Narcoosee's. You can watch your dinner being prepared in the open kitchen. For dinner, New Floridian cuisine is offered with many delicious seafood delicacies such as Maine Lobster (can also add Filet Mignon to this), Grilled Wild Atlantic Salmon, Coriander Crusted Ahi Tuna, Seared Jumbo Scallops and Pan-Roasted Black Grouper. You'll also find such tasty items as Colorado Lamb Chops, Grilled Filet Mignon and Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast. A Priority Seating is recommended. Menu | Photos
Floridian Afternoon Tea
The Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea is offered in the Garden View Lounge from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a number of aromatic herbal and exotic teas to appeal to all tastes. Indulge in a centuries old English tradition by enjoying tea sandwiches, scones with delectable Devonshire cream, jam tarts, fresh strawberries with cream, tea pastries and English Trifle. This spot is perfect for dining alone and it is a great Mother/Daughter outing. Most of the offerings are three courses, so be sure to bring your appetite. If you are looking for a unique experience outside of the theme parks, Afternoon Tea is a great choice. Priority Seating is highly recommended for this popular event. Specialty coffees and champagne are also available.
At 1900 Park Fare, 15 feet above the floor, you'll find Big Bertha. This Parisian-built band organ is almost a century old. It will periodically spring to life for your listening pleasure, with pipes, drums, bells, cymbals and a xylophone, lending a festive air to the Character meals offered here. Breakfast features an all-you-can-eat buffet, with fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese blintzes, omelets, fried potatoes, cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, French toast, waffles, pancakes and baked goods. Entertaining and mingling with the guests are Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio and Gepetto. Priority Seating is recommended. From 5:15 p.m. until 9 p.m., the Character dinner buffet is offered with unique salads, soups, spoon bread, vegetable dishes, seafood, chicken, prime rib and children's favorites. The dinner hosts are Disney's favorite Princess, Cinderella, and her Prince Charming. Any of the following characters may also be found (subject to availability): Fairy Godmother, Suzy Mouse, Perla Mouse, Lady Tremaine (Cinderella’s stepmother) and her 2 stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella.
The elegant Victoria and Albert's is the signature restaurant of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This award-winning restaurant offers fine dining and jackets are a requirement. Open only for dinner, two seatings are offered. The seven course menu varies and is selected daily by the Chef. Some of the Chef's specials feature the freshest in game, poultry, fish and beef. Priority Seating is an absolute must. Guests may reserve the Chef's Table here, where the Chef personally welcomes you into his kitchen, introduces you to the other cooks, and seats you in a special area in an alcove at the rear of his kitchen. A bottle of champagne is served and a toast offered to the guests. Guests may wander about the kitchen, talk to the chefs, ask questions and take pictures, as long as they don't interfere with the actual cooking and serving. The Chef will go over each course and its ingredients with guests. Appetizers, sorbet, portions of each of the evening's entrees, wine and cheeses, portions of the evening's desserts, coffee or tea and chocolate truffles are served to please the palate. As a delightful finishing touch, the ladies are presented with a long stem rose. Menus are autographed by the kitchen staff and given to guests as a memento. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany the courses for an additional charge.
Grill & Games
For those wishing a quick take-out meal, the Gasparilla Grill & Games is open 24 hours a day. Pastries and croissants are available for breakfast, and standard fast food fare such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, nachos, grilled chicken sandwiches and salads are offered throughout the remainder of the day. An extensive room service menu is offered and is available 24 hours a day. Breakfast can be pre-ordered by filling out the card in your room and placing it on the doorknob outside your room before retiring for the night.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
- Several Disney Junior and Disney XD shows to be available on Netflix
- Universal Orlando officially announces Harry Potter expansion
- Universal plans stilt walking demonstration at Orange County History Center
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom