Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Dining and RestaurantsThere are several fine restaurants and dinig options offered at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Grand Floridian Menus:
- 1900 Park Fare
- Cítricos Chef's Domaine
- Courtyard Pool Bar
- Garden View Tea Room
- Gasparilla Grill and Games
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Mizner's Lounge
- Victoria and Albert's
- Victoria and Alberts Chef's Table
- Wonderland Tea Party
Grand Floridian Cafe
The Grand Floridian Café is a family restaurant that specializes in Southern cooking and has a lovely view of the pool and courtyard. Lunch features a delicious assortment of soups, salads, hot and cold sandwiches, hamburgers, pasta and catch of the day dishes.
Citricos is the Grand Floridian's answer to the California Grill. Chic, sophisticated cuisine offered here is a combination of American Seafood and Mediterranean-Florida fare. Citricos offers a wide variety of appetizers such as Pan Seared Quail, Jumbo Lump Crabcake, Warm Onion Tart and Crispy Cannelloni. Entrees include Braised Veal Shank, Seared Tuna, Grilled Filet of Beef, Roasted Duck Breast and Basil Crusted Rack of Lamb. Warm Chocolate Banana Tort, Tropical Fruit Crème Brulee and Seasonal Berry Gratin are a few of the interesting desserts available. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany your appetizers, entrée and dessert.
The Chef's Domain At Citricos
Off of the dining room is a private dining area known as the Chef's Domain that is available and can accommodate up to 12 guests. Here you may order off the menu or allow the Chef to satisfy your appetite with his special creations. Wine pairings are available here as well and Citricos has a number of qualified sommeliers on staff. Two seatings are available each day, Wednesday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. There is a minimum purchase of $650.00 excluding tax and gratuity.
The Chef's Daily Menu is 6 courses and priced at $75.00, with 4 wines added the total is $115.00 per person. This menu changes daily. Guests should call 407-939-7707. A credit card is required as a guarantee, cancellation at least 48 hours in advance or $100.00 penalty will be charged to the card.
Kevin Klose reviews Narcoosee’s Restaurant at the Grand Floridian.
The octagon-shaped restaurant overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon is Narcoosee's. You can watch your dinner being prepared in the open kitchen. For dinner, New Floridian cuisine is offered with many delicious seafood delicacies such as Maine Lobster (can also add Filet Mignon to this), Grilled Wild Atlantic Salmon, Coriander Crusted Ahi Tuna, Seared Jumbo Scallops and Pan-Roasted Black Grouper. You'll also find such tasty items as Colorado Lamb Chops, Grilled Filet Mignon and Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast. A Priority Seating is recommended. Menu | Photos
Floridian Afternoon Tea
The Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea is offered in the Garden View Lounge from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a number of aromatic herbal and exotic teas to appeal to all tastes. Indulge in a centuries old English tradition by enjoying tea sandwiches, scones with delectable Devonshire cream, jam tarts, fresh strawberries with cream, tea pastries and English Trifle. This spot is perfect for dining alone and it is a great Mother/Daughter outing. Most of the offerings are three courses, so be sure to bring your appetite. If you are looking for a unique experience outside of the theme parks, Afternoon Tea is a great choice. Priority Seating is highly recommended for this popular event. Specialty coffees and champagne are also available.
At 1900 Park Fare, 15 feet above the floor, you'll find Big Bertha. This Parisian-built band organ is almost a century old. It will periodically spring to life for your listening pleasure, with pipes, drums, bells, cymbals and a xylophone, lending a festive air to the Character meals offered here. Breakfast features an all-you-can-eat buffet, with fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese blintzes, omelets, fried potatoes, cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, French toast, waffles, pancakes and baked goods. Entertaining and mingling with the guests are Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio and Gepetto. Priority Seating is recommended. From 5:15 p.m. until 9 p.m., the Character dinner buffet is offered with unique salads, soups, spoon bread, vegetable dishes, seafood, chicken, prime rib and children's favorites. The dinner hosts are Disney's favorite Princess, Cinderella, and her Prince Charming. Any of the following characters may also be found (subject to availability): Fairy Godmother, Suzy Mouse, Perla Mouse, Lady Tremaine (Cinderella’s stepmother) and her 2 stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella.
The elegant Victoria and Albert's is the signature restaurant of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This award-winning restaurant offers fine dining and jackets are a requirement. Open only for dinner, two seatings are offered. The seven course menu varies and is selected daily by the Chef. Some of the Chef's specials feature the freshest in game, poultry, fish and beef. Priority Seating is an absolute must. Guests may reserve the Chef's Table here, where the Chef personally welcomes you into his kitchen, introduces you to the other cooks, and seats you in a special area in an alcove at the rear of his kitchen. A bottle of champagne is served and a toast offered to the guests. Guests may wander about the kitchen, talk to the chefs, ask questions and take pictures, as long as they don't interfere with the actual cooking and serving. The Chef will go over each course and its ingredients with guests. Appetizers, sorbet, portions of each of the evening's entrees, wine and cheeses, portions of the evening's desserts, coffee or tea and chocolate truffles are served to please the palate. As a delightful finishing touch, the ladies are presented with a long stem rose. Menus are autographed by the kitchen staff and given to guests as a memento. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany the courses for an additional charge.
Grill & Games
For those wishing a quick take-out meal, the Gasparilla Grill & Games is open 24 hours a day. Pastries and croissants are available for breakfast, and standard fast food fare such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, nachos, grilled chicken sandwiches and salads are offered throughout the remainder of the day. An extensive room service menu is offered and is available 24 hours a day. Breakfast can be pre-ordered by filling out the card in your room and placing it on the doorknob outside your room before retiring for the night.
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
- Renovation on SeaWorld's Shamu Stadium nearly complete
- Housekeeper attacked at Disney's Art of Animation Resort
- Changes to Disney's FastPass+, including park hopping, announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW