Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Dining and RestaurantsThere are several fine restaurants and dinig options offered at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Grand Floridian Menus:
- 1900 Park Fare
- Cítricos Chef's Domaine
- Courtyard Pool Bar
- Garden View Tea Room
- Gasparilla Grill and Games
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Mizner's Lounge
- Victoria and Albert's
- Victoria and Alberts Chef's Table
- Wonderland Tea Party
Grand Floridian Cafe
The Grand Floridian Café is a family restaurant that specializes in Southern cooking and has a lovely view of the pool and courtyard. Lunch features a delicious assortment of soups, salads, hot and cold sandwiches, hamburgers, pasta and catch of the day dishes.
Citricos is the Grand Floridian's answer to the California Grill. Chic, sophisticated cuisine offered here is a combination of American Seafood and Mediterranean-Florida fare. Citricos offers a wide variety of appetizers such as Pan Seared Quail, Jumbo Lump Crabcake, Warm Onion Tart and Crispy Cannelloni. Entrees include Braised Veal Shank, Seared Tuna, Grilled Filet of Beef, Roasted Duck Breast and Basil Crusted Rack of Lamb. Warm Chocolate Banana Tort, Tropical Fruit Crème Brulee and Seasonal Berry Gratin are a few of the interesting desserts available. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany your appetizers, entrée and dessert.
The Chef's Domain At Citricos
Off of the dining room is a private dining area known as the Chef's Domain that is available and can accommodate up to 12 guests. Here you may order off the menu or allow the Chef to satisfy your appetite with his special creations. Wine pairings are available here as well and Citricos has a number of qualified sommeliers on staff. Two seatings are available each day, Wednesday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. There is a minimum purchase of $650.00 excluding tax and gratuity.
The Chef's Daily Menu is 6 courses and priced at $75.00, with 4 wines added the total is $115.00 per person. This menu changes daily. Guests should call 407-939-7707. A credit card is required as a guarantee, cancellation at least 48 hours in advance or $100.00 penalty will be charged to the card.
Kevin Klose reviews Narcoosee’s Restaurant at the Grand Floridian.
The octagon-shaped restaurant overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon is Narcoosee's. You can watch your dinner being prepared in the open kitchen. For dinner, New Floridian cuisine is offered with many delicious seafood delicacies such as Maine Lobster (can also add Filet Mignon to this), Grilled Wild Atlantic Salmon, Coriander Crusted Ahi Tuna, Seared Jumbo Scallops and Pan-Roasted Black Grouper. You'll also find such tasty items as Colorado Lamb Chops, Grilled Filet Mignon and Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast. A Priority Seating is recommended. Menu | Photos
Floridian Afternoon Tea
The Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea is offered in the Garden View Lounge from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a number of aromatic herbal and exotic teas to appeal to all tastes. Indulge in a centuries old English tradition by enjoying tea sandwiches, scones with delectable Devonshire cream, jam tarts, fresh strawberries with cream, tea pastries and English Trifle. This spot is perfect for dining alone and it is a great Mother/Daughter outing. Most of the offerings are three courses, so be sure to bring your appetite. If you are looking for a unique experience outside of the theme parks, Afternoon Tea is a great choice. Priority Seating is highly recommended for this popular event. Specialty coffees and champagne are also available.
At 1900 Park Fare, 15 feet above the floor, you'll find Big Bertha. This Parisian-built band organ is almost a century old. It will periodically spring to life for your listening pleasure, with pipes, drums, bells, cymbals and a xylophone, lending a festive air to the Character meals offered here. Breakfast features an all-you-can-eat buffet, with fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese blintzes, omelets, fried potatoes, cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, French toast, waffles, pancakes and baked goods. Entertaining and mingling with the guests are Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio and Gepetto. Priority Seating is recommended. From 5:15 p.m. until 9 p.m., the Character dinner buffet is offered with unique salads, soups, spoon bread, vegetable dishes, seafood, chicken, prime rib and children's favorites. The dinner hosts are Disney's favorite Princess, Cinderella, and her Prince Charming. Any of the following characters may also be found (subject to availability): Fairy Godmother, Suzy Mouse, Perla Mouse, Lady Tremaine (Cinderella’s stepmother) and her 2 stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella.
The elegant Victoria and Albert's is the signature restaurant of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This award-winning restaurant offers fine dining and jackets are a requirement. Open only for dinner, two seatings are offered. The seven course menu varies and is selected daily by the Chef. Some of the Chef's specials feature the freshest in game, poultry, fish and beef. Priority Seating is an absolute must. Guests may reserve the Chef's Table here, where the Chef personally welcomes you into his kitchen, introduces you to the other cooks, and seats you in a special area in an alcove at the rear of his kitchen. A bottle of champagne is served and a toast offered to the guests. Guests may wander about the kitchen, talk to the chefs, ask questions and take pictures, as long as they don't interfere with the actual cooking and serving. The Chef will go over each course and its ingredients with guests. Appetizers, sorbet, portions of each of the evening's entrees, wine and cheeses, portions of the evening's desserts, coffee or tea and chocolate truffles are served to please the palate. As a delightful finishing touch, the ladies are presented with a long stem rose. Menus are autographed by the kitchen staff and given to guests as a memento. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany the courses for an additional charge.
Grill & Games
For those wishing a quick take-out meal, the Gasparilla Grill & Games is open 24 hours a day. Pastries and croissants are available for breakfast, and standard fast food fare such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, nachos, grilled chicken sandwiches and salads are offered throughout the remainder of the day. An extensive room service menu is offered and is available 24 hours a day. Breakfast can be pre-ordered by filling out the card in your room and placing it on the doorknob outside your room before retiring for the night.
- Dates and seminars announced for Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - 2014 will be the 5th year for this event that features wine and beer seminars, tasting stations and live music.
- VIDEO: 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - One of the most welcome signs of spring is Epcot's annual International Flower & Garden Festival. While the grounds at Epcot are always beautiful, the Flower and Garden Festival takes them to the next level. At the festival you'll find gardens, topiaries, play areas, outdoor food kitchens, exhibits, music, and more.
- Blog - Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Leadership changes at Walt Disney World resorts and transportation
- Disney and unions extend contract
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW