Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Dining and RestaurantsThere are several fine restaurants and dinig options offered at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Grand Floridian Menus:
- 1900 Park Fare
- Cítricos Chef's Domaine
- Courtyard Pool Bar
- Garden View Tea Room
- Gasparilla Grill and Games
- Grand Floridian Cafe
- Mizner's Lounge
- Victoria and Albert's
- Victoria and Alberts Chef's Table
- Wonderland Tea Party
Grand Floridian Cafe
The Grand Floridian Café is a family restaurant that specializes in Southern cooking and has a lovely view of the pool and courtyard. Lunch features a delicious assortment of soups, salads, hot and cold sandwiches, hamburgers, pasta and catch of the day dishes.
Citricos is the Grand Floridian's answer to the California Grill. Chic, sophisticated cuisine offered here is a combination of American Seafood and Mediterranean-Florida fare. Citricos offers a wide variety of appetizers such as Pan Seared Quail, Jumbo Lump Crabcake, Warm Onion Tart and Crispy Cannelloni. Entrees include Braised Veal Shank, Seared Tuna, Grilled Filet of Beef, Roasted Duck Breast and Basil Crusted Rack of Lamb. Warm Chocolate Banana Tort, Tropical Fruit Crème Brulee and Seasonal Berry Gratin are a few of the interesting desserts available. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany your appetizers, entrée and dessert.
The Chef's Domain At Citricos
Off of the dining room is a private dining area known as the Chef's Domain that is available and can accommodate up to 12 guests. Here you may order off the menu or allow the Chef to satisfy your appetite with his special creations. Wine pairings are available here as well and Citricos has a number of qualified sommeliers on staff. Two seatings are available each day, Wednesday through Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. There is a minimum purchase of $650.00 excluding tax and gratuity.
The Chef's Daily Menu is 6 courses and priced at $75.00, with 4 wines added the total is $115.00 per person. This menu changes daily. Guests should call 407-939-7707. A credit card is required as a guarantee, cancellation at least 48 hours in advance or $100.00 penalty will be charged to the card.
Kevin Klose reviews Narcoosee’s Restaurant at the Grand Floridian.
The octagon-shaped restaurant overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon is Narcoosee's. You can watch your dinner being prepared in the open kitchen. For dinner, New Floridian cuisine is offered with many delicious seafood delicacies such as Maine Lobster (can also add Filet Mignon to this), Grilled Wild Atlantic Salmon, Coriander Crusted Ahi Tuna, Seared Jumbo Scallops and Pan-Roasted Black Grouper. You'll also find such tasty items as Colorado Lamb Chops, Grilled Filet Mignon and Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast. A Priority Seating is recommended. Menu | Photos
Floridian Afternoon Tea
The Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea is offered in the Garden View Lounge from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a number of aromatic herbal and exotic teas to appeal to all tastes. Indulge in a centuries old English tradition by enjoying tea sandwiches, scones with delectable Devonshire cream, jam tarts, fresh strawberries with cream, tea pastries and English Trifle. This spot is perfect for dining alone and it is a great Mother/Daughter outing. Most of the offerings are three courses, so be sure to bring your appetite. If you are looking for a unique experience outside of the theme parks, Afternoon Tea is a great choice. Priority Seating is highly recommended for this popular event. Specialty coffees and champagne are also available.
At 1900 Park Fare, 15 feet above the floor, you'll find Big Bertha. This Parisian-built band organ is almost a century old. It will periodically spring to life for your listening pleasure, with pipes, drums, bells, cymbals and a xylophone, lending a festive air to the Character meals offered here. Breakfast features an all-you-can-eat buffet, with fresh fruit, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, bacon, sausage, cheese blintzes, omelets, fried potatoes, cold cereals, biscuits and gravy, French toast, waffles, pancakes and baked goods. Entertaining and mingling with the guests are Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio and Gepetto. Priority Seating is recommended. From 5:15 p.m. until 9 p.m., the Character dinner buffet is offered with unique salads, soups, spoon bread, vegetable dishes, seafood, chicken, prime rib and children's favorites. The dinner hosts are Disney's favorite Princess, Cinderella, and her Prince Charming. Any of the following characters may also be found (subject to availability): Fairy Godmother, Suzy Mouse, Perla Mouse, Lady Tremaine (Cinderella’s stepmother) and her 2 stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella.
The elegant Victoria and Albert's is the signature restaurant of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. This award-winning restaurant offers fine dining and jackets are a requirement. Open only for dinner, two seatings are offered. The seven course menu varies and is selected daily by the Chef. Some of the Chef's specials feature the freshest in game, poultry, fish and beef. Priority Seating is an absolute must. Guests may reserve the Chef's Table here, where the Chef personally welcomes you into his kitchen, introduces you to the other cooks, and seats you in a special area in an alcove at the rear of his kitchen. A bottle of champagne is served and a toast offered to the guests. Guests may wander about the kitchen, talk to the chefs, ask questions and take pictures, as long as they don't interfere with the actual cooking and serving. The Chef will go over each course and its ingredients with guests. Appetizers, sorbet, portions of each of the evening's entrees, wine and cheeses, portions of the evening's desserts, coffee or tea and chocolate truffles are served to please the palate. As a delightful finishing touch, the ladies are presented with a long stem rose. Menus are autographed by the kitchen staff and given to guests as a memento. Wine pairings may be ordered to accompany the courses for an additional charge.
Grill & Games
For those wishing a quick take-out meal, the Gasparilla Grill & Games is open 24 hours a day. Pastries and croissants are available for breakfast, and standard fast food fare such as hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, nachos, grilled chicken sandwiches and salads are offered throughout the remainder of the day. An extensive room service menu is offered and is available 24 hours a day. Breakfast can be pre-ordered by filling out the card in your room and placing it on the doorknob outside your room before retiring for the night.
- Beaches and Cream will begin accepting reservations December 18 - This small soda fountain restaurant serves burgers, sandwiches and their signature ice cream desserts.
- Limited Time Magic: Secret Santa Week - Visit the Town Square Christmas Tree on Main Street and see Duffy in his Christmas outfit. Other Disney characters will be located around the park. Get a special decorated keepsake card from each one as a souvenir.
- Limited Time Magic: Tour the Magic Kingdom with Phil Holmes - 25 lucky guests will get to tour the park with current Vice President Phil Holmes.
- Blog - Best Places to View EPCOT’s Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Heart is the third musical group to cancel SeaWorld performance
- Willie Nelson backs out of SeaWorld Orlando's Bands, Brew & BBQ event
- Disney obtains distrbution rights to future Indiana Jones films
- Family sues Disney when woman dies from complications after a fall
- Disney's PhotoPass+ changing to Memory Maker
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW