Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Grand Floridian Resort RoomsPicturesque views of the Seven Seas Lagoon or the Grand Floridian marina are available from more than half of the 900 rooms at the Grand Floridian. Garden views overlook the lush, landscaped gardens, Pool/Marina views overlook the interior courtyard pool or the marina, and Lagoon views offer a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon.
There are lodge rooms, concierge rooms and suites available as well as standard guest rooms. The following is a breakdown of the buildings and the type of accommodations found there:
- Sago Cay, lagoon/marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, lodge tower rooms, hospitality suites and one- and two-bedroom suites;
- Sugar Loaf, concierge rooms;
- Conch Key, hospitality suites, one- and two-bedroom suites, pool/marina/lagoon views;
- Boca Chica, standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms;
- Big Pine Key, lagoon/pool/garden views;
- Main Building, concierge rooms and suites.
Click Here for a No Obligation Quote
Standard guestrooms average about 448 square feet and typically have two queen sized beds, (or one king sized bed) and a daybed (in rooms with 2 queen beds). There is also a spacious armoire, television, table with two chairs, walk-in closet, mini-bar, small safe, iron and ironing board, nightstand, telephone (with an additional one in the bathroom), ceiling fan, hairdryer, Mickey lamp, make-up mirror and double marble sinks in a vanity area separate from the tub and commode. In the vanity area, toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and shower cap are found and there is a retractable clothesline in the shower.
The rooms are decorated in 4 themes with Victorian woodfurnishings. These themes are the Cameo (blues and yellows with the Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather), Swan (Mr. Toad and his Wind in the Willow friends provide the theme for the accents), Floral (greens and yellows) and Alice in Wonderland (Wonderland-themed with blues, dark rose and yellows).
rooms lead out onto a patio or balcony. A typical guestroom
sleeps 5, but the Lodge Tower and Concierge Deluxe rooms
sleep 4. Dormer or "attic" rooms at the Grand
Floridian are in the upper floors under the gabled roofs.
These rooms are slightly smaller than the Standard guest-rooms
but appear larger because the vaulted ceilings. A private
balcony compensates for the lack of room size. Dormer
rooms sleep 4 adults.
There are 26 one,two,and three-bedroom suites available. Suites have two queen sized beds, or one king sized bed, and a separate parlor area with a wet bar. These rooms can sleep between 4 and 10 adults, depending on the suite type. These suites may include a hamper and upscale line of toiletries in the bathrooms, padded satin hangers, and larger screen televisions.
There are 6 honeymoon rooms in the towers of the main building. The Jacuzzi honeymoon rooms have a Jacuzzi tub of course, and a balcony, but no wet bar or walk-in closet. Octagon honeymoon rooms are larger than the Jacuzzi rooms, but do not have the Jacuzzi tub or private balcony. Instead, you'll find a spectacular view with windows all the way around the suite.
TIP: You don't have to be on your honeymoon to enjoy a honeymoon suite, it's perfect for anniversary or second honeymoon trips too. Note that these rooms only accommodate 2 guests.
The third, fourth and fifth floors of the main building are home to the 83 Concierge rooms (including suites). Access to these floors is by private elevator only. Staff is available to answer questions, plan outings, to make dining Priority Seating arrangements, ticket purchases, make transportation arrangements and to fill requests for special dining or accommodation needs.
The Concierge Lounge is located on the fourth floor. Here, guests may enjoy a continental breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The continental breakfast includes danish, bagels, cereal, fresh friuts, coffee, tea and juice. "Daily Delights" from 11:30am to 2:30pm (the menu varies daily, but usually includes a meat dish, fruits and a vegetarian dish, including cookies, coffee, sodas and juices). Afternoon tea from 3pm to 4:30pm (includes scones, fruit breads, cookies, jam tarts, and of course, tea). Twilight Refreshments from 5pm to 7pm (includes wine and cheese, with appetizer type dishes served. NOTE: The Sugar Loaf Key Building serves a different Twilight Refreshment service, with no wine or children's items being offered). "Grand Indulgences" (desserts and cordials) from 8pm to 10pm. Other concierge amenities include robes (for use while at the resort) and a deluxe nightly turndown service (including a Disney themed good night note).
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed internet access. Rollaway beds are offered free of charge. Guest may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, down pillows, heating pads, microwave oven (limited number available), extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so.
If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night. For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services.
A limited number of handicapped accessible rooms are available. In Sago Cay, there are 3 rooms, Sugar Loaf has 2, Big Pine Key has 2 and there are some in Conch Key as well.
Check-in is at 3 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- VIDEO: DIS Unplugged - Live From Aulani - 05/21/13 - Follow along with us as we go beyond the parks!
- Blog - 7 in 7: Art of Animation Resort
- VIDEO: Disney Beyond The Parks - Producing the Aulani Live Show - Visit http://www.wdwinfo.com/beyondtheparks/#hawaii to view the full DIS Unplugged show from Aulani in Hawaii. For the latest updates on our trip to Aulani and Hawaii, visit http://new.livestream.com/TheDIS/aulani Join the DIS Team as we explore Disney beyond the parks, starting with Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa in Hawaii!
- Follow along as the DIS goes... Beyond The Parks!! - Members of the DIS Unplugged podcast team are headed to Disney's Aulani Resort, sailing on an Alaskan Disney cruise and taking an Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip!
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 5
- Watch our live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21 at 8pm EDT - Disney... Beyond The Parks! Come with us as we visit Disney's Aulani Resort, sail on an Alaskan Disney cruise, and take an Adventures By Disney trip! We're kicking off the trip with a live broadcast from Disney's Aulani Resort - Tue. May 21, 2013 8:00pm EDT.
- Livestream coverage of Star Wars Weekends events - Photos and video of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Blog - Star Wars Weekends 2013 comes to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Schedule of artists for the Eat to the Beat concerts - As with all Disney events, themed entertainment is part of the festivities. Visitors to the Food and Wine Festival can "Eat to the Beat!"
- Festival of the Masters dates released for November 2013 - This art festival will be held at Downtown Disney November 8-10, 2013.
- Blog - FIRST LOOK: Disney's MyMagic+ MagicBand - The DIS got a first look at Disney's new MagicBands which are part of their MyMagic+ rollout! Take a look at the photos of the MagicBand and a brief review of what we thought about wearing them...
- Blog - Summer Dooney & Bourke Release Update
- Schedule released for Star Wars Weekends - Schedule for the events during Star Wars Weekends.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Sunset Boulevard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Free admission to Blizzard Beach for Annual Passholders today! - Today, May 16, Annual Passholders will get complimentary admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park after 2:00 pm. Complimentary refreshments and giveaways will take place at Lottawatta Lodge.
- Blog - Moving the Needle at the Orlando Theme Parks
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Adventurers Outpost meet and greet location opens at Animal Kingdom - The new indoor meet and greet location for Mickey and Minnie is now open in Discovery Island.
- November 2013 Disney World park hours added
- Details released for 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival - A Scotland marketplace will be added. Dates for the Party for the Senses, as well as a partial schedule for the Eat to the Beat concerts also released.
- Summer edition coming to Celebrate the Magic show - The summer edition of this show will start later this month, possibly May 24, during the 24-hour Monstrous Summer event.
- Cirque du Soleil closed for refurbishment through May 27 - The next performance of Cirque du Soleil will be May 28.
- Blog - The Contemporary Resort Hotel – Walt Disney World’s Resort Loop Hotels
- Book a trip during the Free Dining promotion! - Free dining is available for check-ins between 9/2 and 9/25/13!
- New operating hours for Splitsville at Downtown Disney - Splitsville, Downtown Disney's luxury bowling alley, has updated its hours of operation.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench Video - Art of Animation - Wheel Well Hotel - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Typhoon Lagoon to close for refurbishment - Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park will be closed from May 12 - May 16 for refurbishment.
- Blog - Merida becomes a Disney Princess (Includes Coronation Video)!
- Limited Time Magic: Make a Moment in Time Out of Mother's Day - Stop by Tren-D or the World of Disney Store at Downtown Disney to see the new collection of watches designed just for the occasion. Moms will receive a flower on Mother's Day when they enter the theme parks.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Coronado Springs - Marina Courtyard - With our "Disney Park Bench" series, we're giving you a 5-minute break to relax with the sights and sounds of Walt Disney World.
- Life-size rancor replica and three one-man shows coming to Star Wars Weekends - Guests will have a photo op with a replica rancor, Jabba the Hut's prized pet. There will also be three one-man shows performed by some of the celebrity guests.
- 30% off Room Only offer available for the general public! - Guests can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer available for the general public! - Walt Disney World has announced a Free Dining offer for the general public!
- Raglan Road to host Summer Solstice Celebration - Master Chef Kevin Dundon has created the five-course menu for this meal, celebrating the Summer Solstice with fresh, seasonal flavors. Wines have been chosen for each course. Celebrating the Summer Solstice is a time-honored tradition and marks the official start to summer.
- Blog - Disney’s Animal Kingdom’s Split Personality
- Celebrity list updated for Star Wars Weekends - The list of celebrities appearing at Star Wars Weekends later this month has been updated.
- Truckeria Rolling Tacos food truck parked at Downtown Disney this week - Food is available from 6pm - 11pm and will include tacos, chips and salsa.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 35% at select hotels - Annual passholders can save up to 35% when booking a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World hotels. Discount is valid for travel between 6/4/13 - 8/15/13.
- 30% off Room Only offer for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can save up to 30% when they book a Room Only reservation at select Walt Disney World resorts for most nights 8/15/13 - 9/28/13.
- Free Dining offer announced for Disney Visa cardholders! - Disney Visa cardholders can book a Walt Disney World vacation package for 9/2/13 - 9/25/13 and receive the Disney Dining Plan for free!
- Walt Disney World golf courses offer new Players Club program - For $29 per month, members can use the practice ranges for free and take advantage of free daily golf clinics (Monday-Friday) led by PGA-certified golf instructors, as well as receive other discounts.
- Blog - May the Fourth Be with You: Intergalactic Star Wars Shopping
- Limited Time Magic: Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Epcot - Meet the Three Caballeros, enjoy live music, marionettes, folkloric dancing and songs by Mariachi Cobre.
- Limited Time Magic: Merida Becomes an Official Disney Princess - In a royal coronation ceremony at the Magic Kingdom, Merida (from the film Brave) will be christened as an official Disney Princess.
- Blog - New Disney Dooney & Bourke Release This Summer
- List of performers for 2013 Night of Joy concerts - Disney’s Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - Help! A Walt Disney World Vet’s First Time at Disneyland – Part 4
- "The Simpsons" area officially announced for Universal Orlando
- 11-year-old girl molested on Disney Dream; Disney Cruise Line doesn't report incident promptly
- Disney and Lucasfilm announce new animated Star Wars series
- Walt Disney World uses online job fair to hire employees
- Former Disney World employee arrested on pornography charges
- Half-hour Toy Story special coming to ABC this fall
- Expedition Cafe to open with SeaWorld's Antarctica exhibit
- Tour company uses wheelchairs to promise front of the line access at Walt Disney World?
- Calfornia adjusts safety citations and fines against Disneyland
- Disney and Electronic Arts to produce Star Wars video games
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|6:00 - 6:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW