Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Grand Floridian Resort RoomsPicturesque views of the Seven Seas Lagoon or the Grand Floridian marina are available from more than half of the 900 rooms at the Grand Floridian. Garden views overlook the lush, landscaped gardens, Pool/Marina views overlook the interior courtyard pool or the marina, and Lagoon views offer a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon.
There are lodge rooms, concierge rooms and suites available as well as standard guest rooms. The following is a breakdown of the buildings and the type of accommodations found there:
- Sago Cay, lagoon/marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, lodge tower rooms, hospitality suites and one- and two-bedroom suites;
- Sugar Loaf, concierge rooms;
- Conch Key, hospitality suites, one- and two-bedroom suites, pool/marina/lagoon views;
- Boca Chica, standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms;
- Big Pine Key, lagoon/pool/garden views;
- Main Building, concierge rooms and suites.
Click Here for a No Obligation Quote
Standard guestrooms average about 448 square feet and typically have two queen sized beds, (or one king sized bed) and a daybed (in rooms with 2 queen beds). There is also a spacious armoire, television, table with two chairs, walk-in closet, mini-bar, small safe, iron and ironing board, nightstand, telephone (with an additional one in the bathroom), ceiling fan, hairdryer, Mickey lamp, make-up mirror and double marble sinks in a vanity area separate from the tub and commode. In the vanity area, toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and shower cap are found and there is a retractable clothesline in the shower.
The rooms are decorated in 4 themes with Victorian woodfurnishings. These themes are the Cameo (blues and yellows with the Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather), Swan (Mr. Toad and his Wind in the Willow friends provide the theme for the accents), Floral (greens and yellows) and Alice in Wonderland (Wonderland-themed with blues, dark rose and yellows).
rooms lead out onto a patio or balcony. A typical guestroom
sleeps 5, but the Lodge Tower and Concierge Deluxe rooms
sleep 4. Dormer or "attic" rooms at the Grand
Floridian are in the upper floors under the gabled roofs.
These rooms are slightly smaller than the Standard guest-rooms
but appear larger because the vaulted ceilings. A private
balcony compensates for the lack of room size. Dormer
rooms sleep 4 adults.
There are 26 one,two,and three-bedroom suites available. Suites have two queen sized beds, or one king sized bed, and a separate parlor area with a wet bar. These rooms can sleep between 4 and 10 adults, depending on the suite type. These suites may include a hamper and upscale line of toiletries in the bathrooms, padded satin hangers, and larger screen televisions.
There are 6 honeymoon rooms in the towers of the main building. The whirlpool honeymoon rooms have a jetted tub of course, and a balcony, but no wet bar or walk-in closet. Octagon honeymoon rooms are larger than the whirlpool rooms, but do not have the jetted tub or private balcony. Instead, you'll find a spectacular view with windows all the way around the suite.
TIP: You don't have to be on your honeymoon to enjoy a honeymoon suite, it's perfect for anniversary or second honeymoon trips too. Note that these rooms only accommodate 2 guests.
The third, fourth and fifth floors of the main building are home to the 83 Concierge rooms (including suites). Access to these floors is by private elevator only. Staff is available to answer questions, plan outings, to make dining Priority Seating arrangements, ticket purchases, make transportation arrangements and to fill requests for special dining or accommodation needs.
The Concierge Lounge is located on the fourth floor. Here, guests may enjoy a continental breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The continental breakfast includes danish, bagels, cereal, fresh friuts, coffee, tea and juice. "Daily Delights" from 11:30am to 2:30pm (the menu varies daily, but usually includes a meat dish, fruits and a vegetarian dish, including cookies, coffee, sodas and juices). Afternoon tea from 3pm to 4:30pm (includes scones, fruit breads, cookies, jam tarts, and of course, tea). Twilight Refreshments from 5pm to 7pm (includes wine and cheese, with appetizer type dishes served. NOTE: The Sugar Loaf Key Building serves a different Twilight Refreshment service, with no wine or children's items being offered). "Grand Indulgences" (desserts and cordials) from 8pm to 10pm. Other concierge amenities include robes (for use while at the resort) and a deluxe nightly turndown service (including a Disney themed good night note).
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed internet access. Rollaway beds are offered free of charge. Guest may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, down pillows, heating pads, microwave oven (limited number available), extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so.
If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night. For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services.
A limited number of handicapped accessible rooms are available. In Sago Cay, there are 3 rooms, Sugar Loaf has 2, Big Pine Key has 2 and there are some in Conch Key as well.
Check-in is at 3 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Epcot FW