Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Grand Floridian Resort RoomsPicturesque views of the Seven Seas Lagoon or the Grand Floridian marina are available from more than half of the 900 rooms at the Grand Floridian. Garden views overlook the lush, landscaped gardens, Pool/Marina views overlook the interior courtyard pool or the marina, and Lagoon views offer a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon.
There are lodge rooms, concierge rooms and suites available as well as standard guest rooms. The following is a breakdown of the buildings and the type of accommodations found there:
- Sago Cay, lagoon/marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, lodge tower rooms, hospitality suites and one- and two-bedroom suites;
- Sugar Loaf, concierge rooms;
- Conch Key, hospitality suites, one- and two-bedroom suites, pool/marina/lagoon views;
- Boca Chica, standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms;
- Big Pine Key, lagoon/pool/garden views;
- Main Building, concierge rooms and suites.
Click Here for a No Obligation Quote
Standard guestrooms average about 448 square feet and typically have two queen sized beds, (or one king sized bed) and a daybed (in rooms with 2 queen beds). There is also a spacious armoire, television, table with two chairs, walk-in closet, mini-bar, small safe, iron and ironing board, nightstand, telephone (with an additional one in the bathroom), ceiling fan, hairdryer, Mickey lamp, make-up mirror and double marble sinks in a vanity area separate from the tub and commode. In the vanity area, toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and shower cap are found and there is a retractable clothesline in the shower.
The rooms are decorated in 4 themes with Victorian woodfurnishings. These themes are the Cameo (blues and yellows with the Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather), Swan (Mr. Toad and his Wind in the Willow friends provide the theme for the accents), Floral (greens and yellows) and Alice in Wonderland (Wonderland-themed with blues, dark rose and yellows).
rooms lead out onto a patio or balcony. A typical guestroom
sleeps 5, but the Lodge Tower and Concierge Deluxe rooms
sleep 4. Dormer or "attic" rooms at the Grand
Floridian are in the upper floors under the gabled roofs.
These rooms are slightly smaller than the Standard guest-rooms
but appear larger because the vaulted ceilings. A private
balcony compensates for the lack of room size. Dormer
rooms sleep 4 adults.
There are 26 one,two,and three-bedroom suites available. Suites have two queen sized beds, or one king sized bed, and a separate parlor area with a wet bar. These rooms can sleep between 4 and 10 adults, depending on the suite type. These suites may include a hamper and upscale line of toiletries in the bathrooms, padded satin hangers, and larger screen televisions.
There are 6 honeymoon rooms in the towers of the main building. The whirlpool honeymoon rooms have a jetted tub of course, and a balcony, but no wet bar or walk-in closet. Octagon honeymoon rooms are larger than the whirlpool rooms, but do not have the jetted tub or private balcony. Instead, you'll find a spectacular view with windows all the way around the suite.
TIP: You don't have to be on your honeymoon to enjoy a honeymoon suite, it's perfect for anniversary or second honeymoon trips too. Note that these rooms only accommodate 2 guests.
The third, fourth and fifth floors of the main building are home to the 83 Concierge rooms (including suites). Access to these floors is by private elevator only. Staff is available to answer questions, plan outings, to make dining Priority Seating arrangements, ticket purchases, make transportation arrangements and to fill requests for special dining or accommodation needs.
The Concierge Lounge is located on the fourth floor. Here, guests may enjoy a continental breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The continental breakfast includes danish, bagels, cereal, fresh friuts, coffee, tea and juice. "Daily Delights" from 11:30am to 2:30pm (the menu varies daily, but usually includes a meat dish, fruits and a vegetarian dish, including cookies, coffee, sodas and juices). Afternoon tea from 3pm to 4:30pm (includes scones, fruit breads, cookies, jam tarts, and of course, tea). Twilight Refreshments from 5pm to 7pm (includes wine and cheese, with appetizer type dishes served. NOTE: The Sugar Loaf Key Building serves a different Twilight Refreshment service, with no wine or children's items being offered). "Grand Indulgences" (desserts and cordials) from 8pm to 10pm. Other concierge amenities include robes (for use while at the resort) and a deluxe nightly turndown service (including a Disney themed good night note).
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed internet access. Rollaway beds are offered free of charge. Guest may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, down pillows, heating pads, microwave oven (limited number available), extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so.
If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night. For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services.
A limited number of handicapped accessible rooms are available. In Sago Cay, there are 3 rooms, Sugar Loaf has 2, Big Pine Key has 2 and there are some in Conch Key as well.
Check-in is at 3 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- Happy 50th anniversary to it's a small world! - it's a small world opened at the New York World's Fair on April 22, 1964.
- Blog - Review: Epcot After Hours Wind Down
- Registration opens for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - Registration spots for the races fill up quickly. If you know for sure you want to participate in one of the events, we recommend you register as soon as possible.
- Happy 16th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom - Disney's Animal Kingdom opened on April 22, 1998 - Earth Day.
- Thinking about booking your trip with a travel agent? - Why it's important to book with a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations.
- Anna and Elsa meet and greet moves to Magic Kingdom today - These popular princesses will no longer be seen in Epcot's Norway pavilion.
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Today Show to film at Universal Orlando on Friday
- James Cameron pleased with Disney's Avatar Land design
- Disney one of the world's most disappointing destinations?
- Universal Orlando painters sent to hospital
- Kickstarter campaign hopes to raise money for "Dark Side of Disney" film
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 6:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Hollywood Studios