Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
The Spa at the Grand Floridian will be closed for 18 months beginning September 19th, 2011 as Disney begins an expansion project at the resort.
Grand Floridian Resort RoomsPicturesque views of the Seven Seas Lagoon or the Grand Floridian marina are available from more than half of the 900 rooms at the Grand Floridian. Garden views overlook the lush, landscaped gardens, Pool/Marina views overlook the interior courtyard pool or the marina, and Lagoon views offer a view of the Seven Seas Lagoon.
There are lodge rooms, concierge rooms and suites available as well as standard guest rooms. The following is a breakdown of the buildings and the type of accommodations found there:
- Sago Cay, lagoon/marina view rooms, garden view dormer rooms, lodge tower rooms, hospitality suites and one- and two-bedroom suites;
- Sugar Loaf, concierge rooms;
- Conch Key, hospitality suites, one- and two-bedroom suites, pool/marina/lagoon views;
- Boca Chica, standard guest rooms, lagoon, pool, dormer and tower rooms;
- Big Pine Key, lagoon/pool/garden views;
- Main Building, concierge rooms and suites.
Click Here for a No Obligation Quote
Standard guestrooms average about 448 square feet and typically have two queen sized beds, (or one king sized bed) and a daybed (in rooms with 2 queen beds). There is also a spacious armoire, television, table with two chairs, walk-in closet, mini-bar, small safe, iron and ironing board, nightstand, telephone (with an additional one in the bathroom), ceiling fan, hairdryer, Mickey lamp, make-up mirror and double marble sinks in a vanity area separate from the tub and commode. In the vanity area, toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and shower cap are found and there is a retractable clothesline in the shower.
The rooms are decorated in 4 themes with Victorian woodfurnishings. These themes are the Cameo (blues and yellows with the Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna and Merriweather), Swan (Mr. Toad and his Wind in the Willow friends provide the theme for the accents), Floral (greens and yellows) and Alice in Wonderland (Wonderland-themed with blues, dark rose and yellows).
rooms lead out onto a patio or balcony. A typical guestroom
sleeps 5, but the Lodge Tower and Concierge Deluxe rooms
sleep 4. Dormer or "attic" rooms at the Grand
Floridian are in the upper floors under the gabled roofs.
These rooms are slightly smaller than the Standard guest-rooms
but appear larger because the vaulted ceilings. A private
balcony compensates for the lack of room size. Dormer
rooms sleep 4 adults.
There are 26 one,two,and three-bedroom suites available. Suites have two queen sized beds, or one king sized bed, and a separate parlor area with a wet bar. These rooms can sleep between 4 and 10 adults, depending on the suite type. These suites may include a hamper and upscale line of toiletries in the bathrooms, padded satin hangers, and larger screen televisions.
There are 6 honeymoon rooms in the towers of the main building. The whirlpool honeymoon rooms have a jetted tub of course, and a balcony, but no wet bar or walk-in closet. Octagon honeymoon rooms are larger than the whirlpool rooms, but do not have the jetted tub or private balcony. Instead, you'll find a spectacular view with windows all the way around the suite.
TIP: You don't have to be on your honeymoon to enjoy a honeymoon suite, it's perfect for anniversary or second honeymoon trips too. Note that these rooms only accommodate 2 guests.
The third, fourth and fifth floors of the main building are home to the 83 Concierge rooms (including suites). Access to these floors is by private elevator only. Staff is available to answer questions, plan outings, to make dining Priority Seating arrangements, ticket purchases, make transportation arrangements and to fill requests for special dining or accommodation needs.
The Concierge Lounge is located on the fourth floor. Here, guests may enjoy a continental breakfast from 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. The continental breakfast includes danish, bagels, cereal, fresh friuts, coffee, tea and juice. "Daily Delights" from 11:30am to 2:30pm (the menu varies daily, but usually includes a meat dish, fruits and a vegetarian dish, including cookies, coffee, sodas and juices). Afternoon tea from 3pm to 4:30pm (includes scones, fruit breads, cookies, jam tarts, and of course, tea). Twilight Refreshments from 5pm to 7pm (includes wine and cheese, with appetizer type dishes served. NOTE: The Sugar Loaf Key Building serves a different Twilight Refreshment service, with no wine or children's items being offered). "Grand Indulgences" (desserts and cordials) from 8pm to 10pm. Other concierge amenities include robes (for use while at the resort) and a deluxe nightly turndown service (including a Disney themed good night note).
Guests who need to connect to home or work via the Internet while vacationing, will find high speed internet access. Rollaway beds are offered free of charge. Guest may request coffeemakers (with a single supply of complimentary coffee/tea), bed boards, bed rails, down pillows, heating pads, microwave oven (limited number available), extra pillows, blankets, towels, robes and International Electrical Adapters. Call Housekeeping to do so.
If there are more than 2 adults in the same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night. For families with very small children, cribs (the pak-n-play variety), playpens and high chairs are available by calling Housekeeping or Guest Services.
A limited number of handicapped accessible rooms are available. In Sago Cay, there are 3 rooms, Sugar Loaf has 2, Big Pine Key has 2 and there are some in Conch Key as well.
Check-in is at 3 p.m. and check-out is at 11 a.m. Guest may check in as early as 7 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store luggage with Bell Services and head for the theme parks when they open.
- Pricing structure changed for Valet Parking at Downtown Disney - Pricing is based on length of stay - time starts when you reach the valet podium and stops when you return to the podium to pick up your car.
- Blog - Top 5 Must Do's at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
- Pangani Research Center closes for refurb - Pangani Research Center- Aviary and Hippo viewing area will be closed 9/2 - 11/14/2014.
- Blog - Villains Soiree - Wickedly Disappointing
- Blog - Dole Whips are back at the Polynesian Village Resort at the new and disappointing Pineapple Lanai
- Shortened monorail operating hours now in place - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of "Toy Story of TERROR!" on Blu-ray
- American Idol Experience is now closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This attraction closed August 30, 2014. No definitive plans have been announced for this space.
- VIDEO: Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed - Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show at Villains Unleashed brings Vegas to Walt Disney World. Villains Unleashed took over Disney's Hollywood Studios on August 23, 2014 and part of the hard ticket event was Oogie Boogie's Freak Funhouse Show. Oogie Boogie hosts the show that features a sword-swallowing act, daredevil archery and a finale full of fire!
- Refurb closures planned for Walt Disney World water parks - Typhoon Lagoon will be closed 10/26/14-1/3/15 and Blizzard Beach will be closed 1/4/15-3/14/15.
- Top 5 Signature Dining Experiences at the Walt Disney World Resorts - 1,600 listeners and viewers of our DIS Unplugged web-cast voted on their favorite signature restaurants at the Walt Disney World resort hotels.
- Blog - The Top 5 Underutilized Spaces at Walt Disney World
- Starbucks will open at Hollywood Studios in February 2015 - The Trolley Car Cafe will be located along Hollywood Boulevard and be themed like a trolley car station. Disney baked goods and Starbucks La Boulange pastry items will be available. An exact location hasn't been announced.
- VIDEO - Frozen Fireworks Multi-Angle Full Show - “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”
- VIDEO: Star-Lord & Gamora from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at Villains Unleashed - Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, and Gamora made their first appearance ever at the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Vol. 1 Dance Party during the Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Mikala Canoe Club Marina at Polynesian to be closed for refurb - The marina will be closed 9/15 - 9/19/2014. Sail boat/motorized boats and fishing excursions will not be available.
- Entrance 4 to Downtown Disney's parking lot now closed - Entrance 4 (between Cirque du Soleil and DisneyQuest) is now closed permanently. The only entrances are Entrance 2 (across from the Hess Station) and Entrance 5 (across from Typhoon Lagoon).
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Opening Ceremony - Villains Unleashed kicked off at Disney's Hollywood Studios with an opening ceremony hosted by Hades, Pain, Panic and Megara from Hercules. Once the stars of the night took the stage they introduced some of the 50 Disney Villains guests could meet at the special hard ticket event.
- VIDEO: Villains Unleashed Event Overview - Over 50 Disney villains took over Disney's Hollywood Studios for the Villains Unleashed Event.
- Times updated for events at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - The Party is a specially ticketed event at the Magic Kingdom that begins September 1.
- Villains' Sinister Soiree add-on available for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This special add-on will give guests preferred viewing for Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade (8:15pm) and the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show. Lady Tremaine will host a dessert soiree at Cinderella's Royal Table Restaurant for you and some of her friends.
- 5 Elements from the Disney Parks that You'll Find on a Disney Cruise Ship - You have been to the Disney Parks, and you love them. You keep going back for that pixie-dust rush. You can’t imagine a vacation apart from Disney Parks, yet somehow the “old and familiar” is getting a bit old and familiar. This is where the Disney Cruise Line enters. It’s a Disney vacation of a different variety. The dissimilarities are a bit obvious. You’re on a ship in the ocean, visiting foreign places. This is nothing like being landlocked in a park, surrounded by coasters and kiosks. So what can you expect from the Disney Parks to carry over to your cruise?
- Blog - "Villains Unleashed" needs leashing up - Disney's overcrowded hard ticket event leaves guests in long lines most of the night
- Mickey's PhilharMagic refurb extended - The end date has been moved from September 19 to the 28th. The attraction will go down September 8.
- Enchanted Tiki Room going down for refurb in late September - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed from 9/27 - 10/3/2014.
- Two Epcot New Year's Eve dining events released - More New Year's Eve events are yet to be released.
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- Disney and unions argue about extra shift distribution policy
- Polynesian Resort opens new Dole Whip location
- Popular EPCOT acts to depart this Fall
- Wet 'n Wild employee trapped in pool; now in critical condition
- Star Wars mobile game app released by Disney
- Disney contract approved by part-time employees
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00 PM
10:00 - 5:00 PM
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW