Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Polynesian Main Page
Rooms | Dining | Recreation | Transportation
Resort Map | Photos | Get a Quote
Disney's Polynesian Resort Pools/Recreation
There are two main pools at Disney's Polynesian Resort.
The East pool, located near Moana Mickey Fun Hut (arcade)
,and the feature Pool near the marina. The feature pool is volcano slide pool. All pools are heated to approximately 82 degrees at all Walt Disney World Resorts.
The shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon provide a white sandy beach on which to play beach volleyball, but swimming is discouraged here. Other recreational activities for children include a children's playground and Moana Mickey's Arcade. For joggers, there is a 1.5 mile jogging path that starts at Luau Cove, winds through Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and emerges at the Shades of Green Resort, goes under the monorail track and back along the beach of the Seven Seas Lagoon back to the Luau Cove.
Rent a Surrey bike and take in all the sights as you tour this lovely resort. For other water sport pleasures, rentals are available: water mice, small sailboats, pedal boats, pontoon boats, canopy boats, outrigger canoes and water skiing. Fireworks from the Magic Kingdom Park can be viewed from the lagoon on a boat cruise. Arrangements can be made in advance by calling (407)WDW-PLAY.
Children's activities take place in the main lobby
every afternoon and evening. In the evening,
you may find Polynesian storytellers entertaining
children with their tales of the South Pacific.
During the main pool rehab, from 12pm to 4pm, the
Neverland Club will be open free of charge to guests
of Disney's Polynesian Resort to bring their children
in for a variety of activities. Parents must
accompany their children during these times.
In the interest of the environment, the Polynesian has a Ladybug Release Program (this is done only during certain times of the year). Guests are chosen to release a small box of ladybugs, (natural predators for bug control) onto plants. For assisting in this venture, guests may receive one of the following: a Ladybug Release certificate, a Walt Disney World Pest Management insect magnifying glass or Jiminy Cricket (the official Walt Disney World Environmentality mascot) stickers. This is held every Thursday at 9:00 a.m. at the back entrance to the Great Ceremonial House (only during certain times of the year).
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios